Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,836,115 Views | 38386 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by AgCzar
aggiemike89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Looking for a bottle of 2017 William Larue Weller for a gift. Anyone have one they'd let go for cash? Willing to pay secondary prices.
Have you tried on some of the FB groups? You can usually find them there. Ranging anywhere from $500 to $600.
Credible Source
AG
If you're willing to pay that than check out Bourbon Secondary market on FB
tmas
AG
Garrison Brothers Cowboy Whiskey. Thoughts? Saw it for $180 at specs
aggielostinETX
AG
Waste of money
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
Everything Garrison is waaaay overpriced.
Credible Source
AG
Texas whiskey blows
FriedTex
AG
Good super bowl so far - what are we drinking?

I had a couple Kentucky miles and finishing up with a pour of FRSB OESV - 11yrs
jh0400
AG
Someone brought over a Jefferson's Groth wine finish, and it's not bad.
Credible Source
AG
SAOS 11 sib for me.
BQRyno
AG
With the exception of Whitmeyers.
Farmer1906
AG
Drank Saint Arnold's all game and now I'm celebrating with Blantons.
schmellba99
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Texas whiskey blows
Going to disagree, Whitmeyer's out of Houston makes some very solid bourbon.
schmellba99
AG
jh0400 said:

I was not a fan at all. Glad I only sampled a pour and didn't buy a whole bottle.

I generally like Jefferson's, even if it is the group think en vogue thing to dislike them. But not the groth, won't drink again.
jh0400
AG
schmellba99 said:

jh0400 said:

I was not a fan at all. Glad I only sampled a pour and didn't buy a whole bottle.

I generally like Jefferson's, even if it is the group think en vogue thing to dislike them. But not the groth, won't drink again.

I'm a sucker for wine finished whiskeys, I guess. I do have a bottle of Ocean Cask Strength that I was given when I was in the hospital that I'm looking forward to opening once I'm off of the pain meds.
Fall92
AG
BQRyno said:

Opened a bottle of Balcones Single Malt last night, and the only way I can describe how it smelled and tasted is like tequila, no malt at all. Am I crazy, did I somehow get a bad bottle, or has anyone else experienced this?
I had the same thought when I tried their Baby Blue. Tasted like a bad blend of scotch and tequila. It's on the back row of my bottom shelf now.

On a side note, I finally picked up a bottle of Very Old Barton. Pleasantly surprised given what it is. Tastes like very young Walking Stick if you asked me. Between that and Old Charter I have my sub-daily drinkers set.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
NColoradoAG
aggiemike89 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Looking for a bottle of 2017 William Larue Weller for a gift. Anyone have one they'd let go for cash? Willing to pay secondary prices.
Have you tried on some of the FB groups? You can usually find them there. Ranging anywhere from $500 to $600.
Thanks for the reply. A fellow TexAger was kind enough to help.
BQRyno
AG
Fall92 said:

BQRyno said:

Opened a bottle of Balcones Single Malt last night, and the only way I can describe how it smelled and tasted is like tequila, no malt at all. Am I crazy, did I somehow get a bad bottle, or has anyone else experienced this?
I had the same thought when I tried their Baby Blue. Tasted like a bad blend of scotch and tequila. It's on the back row of my bottom shelf now.

On a side note, I finally picked up a bottle of Very Old Barton. Pleasantly surprised given what it is. Tastes like very young Walking Stick if you asked me. Between that and Old Charter I have my sub-daily drinkers set.
So weird. Sounds like I'm staying away from Balcones. What's odd is that two of you on here have tasted the same thing while it seems like lots of people love the stuff and don't get the tequila taste at all. Different batches or different palates? Who knows.
FTAG 2000
AG
All the Balcones is awful. Save your money.
KVB07
AG
I picked up some Stranahans the other day, it's interesting, I liked it. Anyone else had it?
AlaskanAg99
AG
KVB07 said:

I picked up some Stranahans the other day, it's interesting, I liked it. Anyone else had it?

It's been many years but I've been to the distillery in Denver. I find most of their offerings as very hot. I've been meaning to go back and revisit them.
Propane & Accessories
AG
I'm relieved that Johnny's first post wasn't on this tread or any alcohol related thread.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
KVB07
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

KVB07 said:

It's been many years but I've been to the distillery in Denver. I find most of their offerings as very hot. I've been meaning to go back and revisit them.
i would call the bottle I have as very sweet, and not hot at all. But maybe that's just me.
AlaskanAg99
AG
KVB07 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

KVB07 said:

i would call the bottle I have as very sweet, and not hot at all. But maybe that's just me.

It's been over 5 years, don't trust my memory.
RenoAg
End of week Jimbo and Aggie hoops big win at Auburn celebration: just opened a bottle of Old Fitz BIB that's old SW juice. Glorious.

As an Aggie and Htown sports fan - You won't have to wonder about the good ol days anymore. You are living in them. Cheers boys!
RenoAg
Followed by a pour of 2013 Pappy 15 yr. Why? Because Jimbo's middle finger to the rest of the SEC. That's why!
FriedTex
AG
You motivated me. GTS - let's roll!!
RenoAg
Hell yeah! That's how us Ags roll now! Drink the good stuff. I've got enough bunkered up and for what? Just to sit there??
CharlieBrown17
AG
Change of pace with some baby Saz and a cigar tonight. It was a good call
Credible Source
AG
I'm gonna bust open a new ECBP and a JFR titan
CharlieBrown17
AG
Which batch?
Credible Source
AG
C917
aggielostinETX
AG
Dig the Baby Saz
CharlieBrown17
AG
C917 is the only one I've had but I like the hell out of it

and yeah, the baby Saz is really enjoyable. Been meaning to try it for a while and Specs only had a bottle left so I went for it
CharlieBrown17
AG
Saw the ECBP A118 on a secondary group. It's out there.
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.