Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,013 Views | 37521 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by tu ag
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

I have like 3 bottles of it. Have drank a couple others.

Hey buddy.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Maybe one day. I have quite a lot else to drink through before I get to anything that pricey or old.
AlaskanAg99
AG
third coast.. said:

I have like 3 bottles of it. Have drank a couple others.

Want to sell me a bottle of the EW 12yr?

And no, I probably don't have anything to trade. I don't go after the rarez. I hope in the next W12 release I can get as much as I did last time to start trading for exported bourbon.
teebee
Fall92 said:

Four Grain.
Is it out in CenTex?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Anyone else drinking tonight?

Drinking an Old Fashioned or two before having some half priced wells at the Chicken later
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice
CactusThomas
AG
Just got back from the republic. They are having that March madness whiskey tournament.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CactusThomas
AG
Each week they have a new match up of two different pours sold together. The price changes week to week but they don't tell you what the two bourbons are. The only thing they tell you is the seeds (same as the 64 team March madness bracket) and the price.

You tell them which one you like better and they record your vote. The winner advances. I won't mention the two they are serving now but last week it was a 1 seed against a 12 seed: old rip van winkle vs Weller antique 107. Some how the old rip advanced but it was 44 votes to 41, so very close.
CharlieBrown17
AG
That is badass

Hopefully I can convince a few of my more cultured friends to swing by sometime
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
CactusThomas said:

Each week they have a new match up of two different pours sold together. The price changes week to week but they don't tell you what the two bourbons are. The only thing they tell you is the seeds (same as the 64 team March madness bracket) and the price.

You tell them which one you like better and they record your vote. The winner advances. I won't mention the two they are serving now but last week it was a 1 seed against a 12 seed: old rip van winkle vs Weller antique 107. Some how the old rip advanced but it was 44 votes to 41, so very close.

Interesting. Keep us in the loop, I'd be interested to see how it shakes out. I'll be shocked if a Van Winkle label wins out in the end, I just don't think they stack up all that well with other high-end bourbons, hype and hysteria notwithstanding.
CactusThomas
AG
I'm there on Thursdays if you come then, say hi.
CactusThomas
AG
I'm very torn on it really. I go there to drink one specific bourbon but I have gotten suckered into the tourney the last couple weeks. It's fun, don't get me wrong but I'd be better off sticking to my preferred drink.
CharlieBrown17
AG
When are you usually there? I run the range for the pistol team Thursdays and can't really make it anywhere til 8 or so.
CactusThomas
AG
Just depends. I'm usually gone by then but sometimes I go later.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Blanton's was delivered this week. Total Wine probably has already sold out. I visited a honey hole of mine and I knew the owner keeps it in the back. I asked for it and he said sure. He walks out with Blanton's regular and a SFTB. Yes please.
Wheatables02
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Blanton's was delivered this week. Total Wine probably has already sold out. I visited a honey hole of mine and I knew the owner keeps it in the back. I asked for it and he said sure. He walks out with Blanton's regular and a SFTB. Yes please.
SFTB? store bought it from overseas to re-sell it?
aggielostinETX
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Bold move for a guy with a liquor license
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Deats said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Bold move for a guy with a liquor license
You'd be surprised how openly blatant lots of liquor store owners are about buying and selling bourbon on the secondary sites. Surprises me to see the risks they take.
AlaskanAg99
AG
This is true. And why I won't mention his name.
NColoradoAG
Looking for a bottle of 2017 William Larue Weller for a gift. Anyone have one they'd let go for cash? Willing to pay secondary prices.
gigemags87
AG
TW west plano said they got 6 bottles of Blantons and sold out at 10:07 am.
KVB07
AG
I half-jokingly asked the lady at the liquor store if they had Blantons, and sure enough, they did!

She also showed me Jefferson Reserve Chef Collaborative and some Willett Rye. Both are supposed to be more difficult to find, but being pretty new to the bourbon game (and wanting to stay married) I passed on those.

She also told me they lock up Eagle Rare now, and another store told me they keep it behind the counter and limit sells to 1 per person. Seems like a low priced bourbon to be that security conscious about. It's delicious, but is it that sought after?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Eagle Rare is a hell of a value, yes.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
CharlieBrown17
AG
Had a successful evening, went by Whiskey Charlie's after dinner and grabbed one of two ECBP they had on the shelf. It's the last batch from last year, C917
RenoAg
Just cracked open a bottle of 2005 EW 1783 10yr this weekend. Incredible nose on this. Had some in a glass all afternoon just so I could smell it! On the palate it has some hint of butterscotch kinda like that old National Distillery juice but much more subtle. Not my favorite but a solid changeup for a different tasting pour.
aggielostinETX
AG
I see it often. TABC has been shellacked lately but those fines would crush a mom and pop.
BQRyno
AG
Opened a bottle of Balcones Single Malt last night, and the only way I can describe how it smelled and tasted is like tequila, no malt at all. Am I crazy, did I somehow get a bad bottle, or has anyone else experienced this?
Wheatables02
AG
BQRyno said:

Opened a bottle of Balcones Single Malt last night, and the only way I can describe how it smelled and tasted is like tequila, no malt at all. Am I crazy, did I somehow get a bad bottle, or has anyone else experienced this?

Similar taste here... kinda all over the place like tequila mixed with whiskey and some plants.

Didn't care for it.

On an unrelated note, ready to crack my ORVW if the eagles win tonight! Will also drink my sample of bookers rye.
the dude10
AG
Saw bookers rye at a bar last week and asked how much for a pour. I have really been wanting to try it but not for $75
BQRyno
AG
Glad to know it's not just me. Most people seem to really like it. I figure I'll give it a couple weeks, try it one more time, then give it to a buddy who likes it if I still get the same taste. Not my style at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 301 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.