Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,968 Views | 38482 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Icecream_Ag
oldarmy84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also did the Whiskey connoisseur tasting at Heaven Hill this past April and went back to look at my pictures. The one that I liked the most was the Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12 year. Bad part was that they didn't have it for sale there.... would have bought that in an instant.
AlaskanAg99
AG
VSOF has been discontinued for ages...
schmellba99
AG
oldarmy84 said:

Bought a bottle of the EW23 at the Evan William's Experience in Louisville @ $289 this past April. Was not impressed at all. Actually enjoyed their 12 year much better.
This is an underrated pour IMO. Came across a bottle a while back, hadn't seen it before and figured what the hell. It was only about $40 or so if i remember, and worth every penny. If i stumble across another, it's likely coming home too.
Snowball
AG
Did the HH Connoisseur last march. We had:

Elijah Craig
Henry McKenna Single Barrel BiB (Great Value)
VSOF-(Outstanding but sadly discontinued)

What was fascinating too was that they brought out a 24 year old "Bad" bourbon to illustrate flavor profile, "Off" flavors and quality control. It wasn't terrible but very interesting!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Like a year or two ago???
oldarmy84
AG
Completely agree. I will be back in the Louisville area in August and will pick up a couple of them @ 40 it is a great buy
oldarmy84
AG
Understand.........but have traded others in the the area who have it just for show and don't really know what they have and/or don't really want to be a bourbon drinker anymore.
oldarmy84
AG
I remember them bringing out the 24 year old "Bad Bourbon" now that you mention it.........that was pretty gross.
austinag1997
AG
the dude10 said:

Also, I met austinag1997 tonight for a bottle trade. Good dude!

Great meeting you also... good to meet good peeps with the same vice as me!
austinag1997
AG
oldarmy84 said:

Understand.........but have traded others in the the area who have it just for show and don't really know what they have and/or don't really want to be a bourbon drinker anymore.

That's a pisser.
austinag1997
AG
Stagg, Jr. whooping my butt tonight.
the dude10
AG
austinag1997 said:

Stagg, Jr. whooping my butt tonight.

I think we have all been there with that one! Play with fire, or in this case napalm, you are gonna get burned every now and then.
austinag1997
AG
I have some Willett Family Estate bourbon that outstrips the proofing on Stagg, Jr. For some reason, Stagg, Jr. drinks hotter than it is.
Snowball
AG
It really is a bummer that VSOF isnt sold nationwide anymore. Good wheated bourbon.
oldarmy84
AG
Agree. Would buy it in an instant
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Like a year or two ago???

Really? I thought it was much longer than that.
Credible Source
AG
austinag1997 said:

I have some Willett Family Estate bourbon that outstrips the proofing on Stagg, Jr. For some reason, Stagg, Jr. drinks hotter than it is.

Totally agree, don't care for it
FriedTex
AG
Stagg Jr is aged for what, 6 years?
austinag1997
AG
I don't know... I keep my daily drinkers in a decanter. Threw the bottle away.

Not sure there is any age statement.
Farmer1906
AG
Read online it's 7.the first few times I've tried it, it was fire, but it's grown on me. I was semi hammer and tried staff jr & ECBP blind. It could have gone either way.
austinag1997
AG
The initial releases were chocolate bombs... I liked them. The current release is hot and not quite as tasty.
agcrock2005
AG
Really want to get some ECBP in either dfw or Austin if anyone is willing to sell, or point me in the right direction. Have an EC small batch and like it a lot so I can only assume the BP is badass.
Credible Source
AG
BP is amazing, way better than Stagg Jr IMO
FriedTex
AG
Yep, ECBP and OF1920 are my current favorites outside of the real hard to find stuff

Snagged another bottle of ECBP yesterday (I'm in Indiana, so I'm no help to you)
oldarmy84
AG
Agree totally ECBP is one fine pour, haven't found any up my way..........Stagg Jr., you can keep it as far as I am concerned.

Having a tasting over at my house tonight. The regional Rep from Beam Suntory is bringing over Booker's Blue Knight Batch, Makers Cask, Beam Distiller's Masterpiece, Maker's 46 Select, Laphroaig Lore and a couple more not mentioned. Should be a good evening.
plowboy1065
S
What time should I arrive?
IBMs_Watson
Anyone else grab one of these Maker's picks? Maker's 46 is one of my low-proof, easy-to-find favorites, so I'm optimistic.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/01-11-18-houston-bourbon-consortium-makers-mark-underbelly-agricole-kevin-floyd-morgan-weber/
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
I've heard that place is very cliquish
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'll never spend another dime at that store.
plowboy1065
S
Details....
jh0400
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

Anyone else grab one of these Maker's picks? Maker's 46 is one of my low-proof, easy-to-find favorites, so I'm optimistic.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/01-11-18-houston-bourbon-consortium-makers-mark-underbelly-agricole-kevin-floyd-morgan-weber/

I've had three or four other Makers picks, and none of them have been anything special to me. I'd like to try this one to see if it's any different, but the hype has made it impossible to get.
Ringo88
AG
While many of the new Makers Private Select store picks are so-so, I've also found a Maker's Private Select that is the best Maker's I've ever tasted, far and away. The ability to change up the stave blend and count really affects the finish.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ringo88 said:

While many of the new Makers Private Select store picks are so-so, I've also found a Maker's Private Select that is the best Maker's I've ever tasted, far and away. The ability to change up the stave blend and count really affects the finish.

Ship me one?
First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.