Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,837,800 Views | 38406 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by AlaskanAg99
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whats the deal with the name? The founders are named Whitmeyer.
AlaskanAg99
AG
schmellba99 said:

Whats the deal with the name? The founders are named Whitmeyer.

There's two of them...thus the plural? Just a guess.

Wait, it's Whitmeyer's.
tx4guns
AG
Yes, Travis and Chris.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Saw a Blanton's today that was marked Just 1 day off of my brother's birthday. If it had been the actual day it would've been too good to pass up.

I've only had Blanton's once, but really enjoyed it.
plowboy1065
S
You should of grabbed it. Hard to find the exact date
agcrock2005
AG
Should've bought it no matter what assuming price isn't ridiculous because you can't find it easily anymore.
Credible Source
AG
plowboy1065 said:

You should of grabbed it. Hard to find the exact date

Should have* and I agree, unless it was like $100 or more.
Fall92
AG
Just a small note to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread. I've gone from drinking Beam to Crown to Maker's in high school and college to having a nice 60+ bottle collection in the year or so I've been reading this thread. Thanks to all for your valuable insight and solid recs and thanks to guys like Wheatables and Deats for parting with some good stuff for the greater good.

Happy holidays and good bourbon drinking to all!

Fall92
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
IBMs_Watson
Any opinions on Garrison Cowboy Bourbon?
FTAG 2000
AG
Is there anything you Dallas folks are hunting for? Finishing up Xmas shopping and mixing in stops at any liquor stores along the route.
HouseDivided06
AG
Had to run to Beverage Depot off Samuell and Grand this morning to pick up something for a coworker and saw 2 guys checking out with a WLW, Stagg, and a Handy. Asked the owner if he had any more, so he took me over to his office and pulled out one more Stagg and a Handy, then proceeded to tell me it was $350 for each. I declined, but if anyone is looking for one and willing to pay a premium, they are there.
FlyFish95
HouseDivided06 said:

Had to run to Beverage Depot off Samuell and Grand this morning to pick up something for a coworker and saw 2 guys checking out with a WLW, Stagg, and a Handy. Asked the owner if he had any more, so he took me over to his office and pulled out one more Stagg and a Handy, then proceeded to tell me it was $350 for each. I declined, but if anyone is looking for one and willing to pay a premium, they are there.
If I pay $350 for a $75 bottle of liquor does it magically improve the quality?
John Francis Donaghy
DryFly said:

HouseDivided06 said:

If I pay $350 for a $75 bottle of liquor does it magically improve the quality?

One way to find out.
HouseDivided06
AG
Perception is reality my friend.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
My store owner came through for me the past couple of weeks (all retail)
Going to enjoy these over Christmas.
HouseDivided06
AG
How good is Little Book? Been curious but have bought a number of bottles lately and need to pick my battles with the wife. Significantly better than their standard offerings?
aggielostinETX
AG
So I dumped a 1L of OWA into my DSB last night. Interested to see how long yall think I should let it age?
Wheatables02
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

How good is Little Book? Been curious but have bought a number of bottles lately and need to pick my battles with the wife. Significantly better than their standard offerings?
username checks out.
agcrock2005
AG
AG 2000' said:

Is there anything you Dallas folks are hunting for? Finishing up Xmas shopping and mixing in stops at any liquor stores along the route.
RHF and ECBP if you happen to really get lucky and stumble upon some goodies!
aggielostinETX
AG
Also, drank two rarities last night.

A Blanton's from 2007. You could smell and taste the oak. Very different from Blanton's today.

Also, a 15 Old Rip Van Winkle from I think the late 90's. That was good *****
aggiemike89
AG
Deats said:

So I dumped a 1L of OWA into my DSB last night. Interested to see how long yall think I should let it age?

Two weeks maybe. I dumped some PMP and left it in my DSB for 2 months and the angels got it ALL.
reveille23
Found my first ever bottle of BTAC in the wild today. They wanted $400 for the Handy, if anyone is interested it was still there when I left.
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
reveille23 said:

Found my first ever bottle of BTAC in the wild today. They wanted $400 for the Handy, if anyone is interested it was still there when I left.

Was this on HWY 6 north of 10?
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
reveille23 said:

And it'll probably be there for any future visits too
LawHall88
AG
Late in the season to ask, and maybe it's covered in this thread already, but what are the "best" bourbons for $30 or so? Making the run to buy client gifts tomorrow. Gone with Woodward Reserve the last couple years without complaint, but think I may mix it up this year. Suggestions?
aggielostinETX
AG
LawHall88 said:

Late in the season to ask, and maybe it's covered in this thread already, but what are the "best" bourbons for $30 or so? Making the run to buy client gifts tomorrow. Gone with Woodward Reserve the last couple years without complaint, but think I may mix it up this year. Suggestions?

Try the Sazerac Rye
Chipotlemonger
AG
- Something Four Roses
- Rittenhouse Rye
- Eagle Rare if you can find it (have never had it but seems to be well liked and in that range IIRC)
- Belle Meade regular
Chipotlemonger
AG
This is a good one too
John Francis Donaghy
LawHall88 said:

Elijah Craig Small Batch
Eagle Rare 10
Four Roses Small Batch & Single Barrel
austinag1997
AG
2013 Handy is worth every bit of $400. Not sure what the 2017 tastes like.
reveille23
This is why it's still there 3rdcoast
Post removed:
by user
reveille23
No, it was in Friendswood.
Farmer1906
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

LawHall88 said:

Elijah Craig Small Batch
Eagle Rare 10
Four Roses Small Batch & Single Barrel

Perfect answer. Easily my 3 favorite daily drinkers.
First Page Last Page
Page 290 of 1098

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.