Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,838,959 Views | 38430 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by AgCzar
Westicles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty good little haul for me this week. Local liquor store.

Even better luck by my good buddy from the same liquor store.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Picked up a Belle Meade 11 year today, 125 proof.
jsn1986
AG
Costco drawing is probably soon if not already happened. Woodlands was yesterday and Willowbrook today. Struck out in The Woodlands couldn't make it to Willowbrook. Not heard anything from Goody Goody in Houston.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I may or may not have scored a GTS at a raffle tonight...
agcrock2005
AG
Damn. I need to up my bourbon game. Don't even know wtf y'all are talking about with all the raffles.
agcrock2005
AG
If you need someone to taste test with you I'll make it happen.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Crap I really want to hit one of those. But was busy cooking for a party. Maybe next year.
Credible Source
AG
I scored a GTS and a THH tonight at the WB raffle. Two GTS, 3 THH and an ORVW this year so far.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
third coast.. said:

Would have liked to hang for a minute but I was too busy getting ****ed by staff

Sounds like a potentially much better time than I had...
plowboy1065
S
Dang what a haul. Many people show up?
Credible Source
AG
plowboy1065 said:

5 people showed up for a raffle of 7 bottles. I drew and the Pappy 23 had already been taken, so I grabbed the GTS. Then we were all checking out and the Handy was just sitting there, I asked if so could buy it and they said sure, so I bought that too. $99 each. Helluva night.
agcrock2005
AG
Carl Hungus said:

plowboy1065 said:

5 people showed up for a raffle of 7 bottles. I drew and the Pappy 23 had already been taken, so I grabbed the GTS. Then we were all checking out and the Handy was just sitting there, I asked if so could buy it and they said sure, so I bought that too. $99 each. Helluva night.
Damn. I need to find a store like that.
Credible Source
AG
third coast.. said:

Interested in parting with a handy? Trades?

What you got?
dummble
AG
Humble CC was my first ever raffle, A little miffed that I could have showed up at 7:28 and put in a ticket instead of waiting around for 1.5 hours.

I didn't win, and I was jealous of some of what was available at the other costco's.
plowboy1065
S
Congrats
Stan Crowch
AG
Have a buddy in Austin looking to get rid of a few bottles. He has 1 Al Young 50th, 2 ECBP, 1 Blantons and a couple bottles of W12. Anyone interested. I'm not sure what he is looking for pricewise.
Post removed:
by user
Stan Crowch
AG
He wants to sell everything together,
Stan Crowch
AG
What's a fair price for that package?
jh0400
AG
I could be interested in the Blanton's depending on the dump date.
IBMs_Watson
Package price depends on the guy (and if he was able to buy everything at retail). If he bought at MSRP, $500 or a little higher gives him a decent profit without coming across as too greedy IMO.

But he may think the Al Young alone is worth that.
Credible Source
AG
I'm in a austin and down for the whole package
jsn1986
AG
Wow. There were probably over 100 at the Woodlands WB.
Farmer1906
AG
jsn1986 said:

Wow. There were probably over 100 at the Woodlands WB.
100 of what?
BQRyno
AG
People I assume. There were probably 30-40 at the Sugar Land Costco for about 20 bottles.
Buck Compton
AG
Random Question for everyone. I just moved to New Braunfels from Dallas.

Where are a few good liquor stores? Not necessarily asking for anyone's honey hole, but any places with consistently reasonable prices and stock of everyday stuff that would get some of the BTAC and other higher end whiskies that I could start to get on the list for raffles or allocations next year? With the move, I pretty much struck out this year and haven't built up any relationships with a local store yet.
Wheatables02
AG
Buck Compton said:

Random Question for everyone. I just moved to New Braunfels from Dallas.

Where are a few good liquor stores? Not necessarily asking for anyone's honey hole, but any places with consistently reasonable prices and stock of everyday stuff that would get some of the BTAC and other higher end whiskies that I could start to get on the list for raffles or allocations next year? With the move, I pretty much struck out this year and haven't built up any relationships with a local store yet.
I wish I knew. With True Spirits closing, I have no idea either.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BQRyno said:

People I assume. There were probably 30-40 at the Sugar Land Costco for about 20 bottles.

Is that where you were?
BQRyno
AG
Yup. My name didn't come out until there were only Blanton's and W12 left. I have a 1.75 and couple 750s of W12, so I took home a Blanton's.
BQRyno
AG
I would imagine you ask because you were the guy in the Aggie jacket? I signed up at 6 and walked back in right before 7 and ended up on the fringes.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
BQRyno said:

I would imagine you ask because you were the guy in the Aggie jacket? I signed up at 6 and walked back in right before 7 and ended up on the fringes.

Haha yep, that was me. I was super giddy about my stagg. Got a couple of their baby eagle rare picks too!
BQRyno
AG
Nice! I'd have been thrilled to pick any of the top 10. Would have guaranteed a VW or a BTAC. Yeah I grabbed baby ER and Blanton's store picks there that afternoon. One day I'll land a whale.. Next shot for me will be Nasa Liquor's raffle.
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.