Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,832,272 Views | 38338 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Tksymm7
EnronAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pardon my ignorance, but what is Blanton's Gold? I think I have a bottle of the normal Blanton's that I paid $50 for...but was curious, what is the difference between the two? Thanks in advance!
aggielostinETX
AG
It's their Higher end product only sold retail overseas.

And it's ****ing delicious.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Deats said:

It's the same stuff as original SB just bottled at higher proof..??
aggielostinETX
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Deats said:

That simplifies it a bit but yes.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Deats said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Deats said:

That simplifies it a bit but yes.
I'm honestly curious... what else is different?
aggielostinETX
AG
To me it tastes much "richer". If that makes sense?
dmart90
AG
Carl Hungus said:

I hid an OBSQ for you at the end of the row of regular single barrel. It should last another hour and a half if you can make it early Monday morning
You sir, are a fine Aggie!

“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
aggielostinETX
AG
These seems to infer that is not the case and explains more the taste I was talking about.

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-reviews/bourbon-reviews/battle-of-the-blantons-buyer-beware/#.WhOTfqJOmEc
Credible Source
AG
dmart90 said:

Carl Hungus said:

I hid an OBSQ for you at the end of the row of regular single barrel. It should last another hour and a half if you can make it early Monday morning
You sir, are a fine Aggie!

Hell yeah!! Wouldn't have known about it had you not told me in the first place. Teamwork makes the dream work
aad03
AG
I popped a bottle of Nasa's store pick OBSQ last weekend. Great stuff.

Anybody keeping up with Jim Rutledge's new project, J.W. Rutledge Distillery near Louisville? I remember reading about it a while back, but have no idea what's going on. Just curious if they are distilling yet.
Class of '03
plowboy1065
S
I thought they may have been using some sourced stuff but do not think it's been long enough to produce the original stock yet
IBMs_Watson
Well, Pappy and BTAC have hit Houston. I wish you all better luck than I had over the lunch break.

Check your honey holes.
07ag
AG
how do you know they've hit houston?
the dude10
AG
Just had a store in Austin area tell me it's in. All the places I know are price gougers though.
keysercade
AG
Checked with a few of my favorite spots in Houston and they are all saying after Thanksgiving at the earliest. Where are you seeing it / hearing about it?
IBMs_Watson
I went by what was my best chance based on my relationship with the owner. The owner showed me the ORVW and Lot B as well as the BTAC he received. One of his regulars (big spender) had already put down a deposit. I'm fairly certain the regular paid somewhere between retail and secondary market prices. Whenever this shop does have quasi-rare bottles (W12, Blantons, ECBP) the owner tacks on $20-40 on top. This was in Houston proper.
the dude10
AG
So what does ORVW trade for in the secondary? I desperately want a GTS but not willing to pay $400 for it. I can however get my hands on old rip for just over $200 and am hoping to trade it straight up for the stagg. Any idea if this is feasible?
Credible Source
AG
I was really hoping BTAC would drop in Austin this week. Everyone is expecting it tomorrow or Friday. Headed to DFW tomorrow (midcities) until Saturday and have no idea where to look when there. When I left there weren't liquor stores anywhere near Colleyville.
Post removed:
by user
BeardofZeus01
AG
Colleyville has plenty of shops now, went wet a few years back. But pickens are slim, especially for the whales. I've never picked anything up here and don't know anyone else who has outside of getting lucky in a lottery. Good luck and welcome to town!
aggielostinETX
AG
BTAC is all over Texas
Credible Source
AG
Thanks for the welcome, will always feel like home. I called a few places today looking but haven't cultivated the relationships there so I'm worried I'll miss out. I always knew Halls would jump straight to full blown liquor store at the first chance. Always kind of felt like they were dikheads though
VegasT
AG
Anyone score any BTAC or Van Winkle today?
Wheatables02
AG
Got a GTS from my local. With TS closing I don't think I'll ever have the chance to get anything other than one BTAC a year.
Farmer1906
AG
Rough life
Post removed:
by user
claybot
AG
My guy came through with a GTS for me yesterday. Still hoping for a WLW, but we'll see.
the dude10
AG
In the past few years I only scored one Handy as far as BTAC and van winkle goes. Yesterday I hit the mother load. Got to a shop minutes after the delivery, they hadn't even started calling the list yet (I was on it). Definitely not at MSRP prices but not secondary either. He said the distributor will give a range of prices he can sell it for and he was selling it as low as the distributor would allow.

I picked my bottle, then had my brother go by and grab one, and when my wife stopped by the owner was gone and the poor kid behind the counter sold her 3 bottles. I feel a little guilty, but I have gone long enough with nothing to show for it. Plus, I didn't pay retail for these either.

Anyway, I got one each of the following: ORVW, lot B, GTS, WLW, THH, and and EC18. By far the best day I have ever had whale hunting, and it's not even close.
the dude10
AG
Does anyone find it at MSRP these days or not? I have never seen it in the wild in Austin for anything less than double to triple recommended pricing.
Farmer1906
AG
If you combine my entire few years of hunting I haven't come close to that.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
the dude10 said:

In the past few years I only scored one Handy as far as BTAC and van winkle goes. Yesterday I hit the mother load. Got to a shop minutes after the delivery, they hadn't even started calling the list yet (I was on it). Definitely not at MSRP prices but not secondary either. He said the distributor will give a range of prices he can sell it for and he was selling it as low as the distributor would allow.

I picked my bottle, then had my brother go by and grab one, and when my wife stopped by the owner was gone and the poor kid behind the counter sold her 3 bottles. I feel a little guilty, but I have gone long enough with nothing to show for it. Plus, I didn't pay retail for these either.

Anyway, I got one each of the following: ORVW, lot B, GTS, WLW, THH, and and EC18. By far the best day I have ever had whale hunting, and it's not even close.

That is absolutely incredible. Congrats!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I've literally never seen any of these bottles outside of a bar... so yeah it was a damn good day.
the dude10
AG
Thanks guys! I'm definitely still riding the high from it lol. It will probably piss y'all off but I really stopped hunting hard this year. Last few years I had put in a lot of effort and spent a lot of money in some places that said they get it and even told me prices that weren't too crazy. When they called the prices were at least double what they had told me and I decided to quit grinding for it this year. And then I just happened to get lucky with doing very minimal work compared to years past. The bourbon gods know just how to suck me back in!
the dude10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I could say the same. Instead of saying best day hunting I should have said that I just landed more whales in one day than I had in my lifetime prior to that lol. Like I said, as far as buffalo trace whales I just had the one handy before. I have had better luck with four roses limited and birthday bourbon.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ha - my single 4RLE this year was my best day "hunting" in a couple years...
First Page Last Page
Page 276 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.