Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,849,332 Views | 38501 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Visor
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

I left 6 bottles on the shelf yesterday

I would like to buy a few of those 6 if you can get them. I can't find them anywhere in dfw.
Ringo88
AG
So my parents are touring for fall foliage, and I wasn't aware exactly where they were going. They sent me a text from central Kentucky; thought it would be interesting to me that their restaurant this evening had a 500 bourbon collection at the bar....
I told them to stop goofing off and get to the gift shops and liquor stores!
John Francis Donaghy
Ringo88 said:

So my parents are touring for fall foliage, and I wasn't aware exactly where they were going. They sent me a text from central Kentucky; thought it would be interesting to me that their restaurant this evening had a 500 bourbon collection at the bar....
I told them to stop goofing off and get to the gift shops and liquor stores!
Bluegrass Tavern or OBC Kitchen?
FlyFish95
Fall92 said:

I hadn't realized McKenna 10 year was now hard to find. It's ok I guess. Good value for the price.

I see it all over the place
tx4guns
AG
OFBB hit Houston today.
Post removed:
by user
FTAG 2000
AG
In the same boat. Really want an OFBB17 for son #1 being born in September.

No trip to Japan to bring back rare stuff in my future, but maybe have other items of value if someone comes across a stash (yes, said partially in jest).
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I've struck out by seconds on OFBB in the last week. Now I has the depression.
Vade281
AG
I have a 24 hour lay over in Tokyo coming up...what should I keep an eye out for?...probably only in the duty free.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
aggielostinETX
AG
Blanton's Gold or SFTB. You can bring back up to a gallon of spirits.
Credible Source
AG
Deats said:

Blanton's Gold or SFTB. You can bring back up to a gallon of spirits.
Post removed:
by user
aggiemike89
AG
Anybody hear any release numbers for OFBB this year? Last year it was slim pickens. I got one bottle last year but that was it. 2015 there was a lot more of it released.
Credible Source
AG
I've heard there are two releasss and supposed to be more than usual but I haven't seen that to be the case. According to my mom and pop guy they gave him 1 bottle for every 2 cases of Jack daniels he bought. I've picked up three so far this year but one was a trade for W12 and EHTBP on secondary. I regret letting the EHTBP go
Fall92
AG
I'd love to get one of those Blanton's Gold or SFtB. Would be willing to work something out.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
agcrock2005
AG
Fall92 said:

I'd love to get one of those Blanton's Gold or SFtB. Would be willing to work something out.

WLW12SPJ
AG
Does anyone know if WLW 12 is still available in Austin area anywhere? Or, Stagg Jr., Antique, etc.? I will bee running errands in and around Austin and thought I'd ask. TIA
aggiemike89
AG
WLW12SPJ said:

Does anyone know if WLW 12 is still available in Austin area anywhere? Or, Stagg Jr., Antique, etc.? I will bee running errands in and around Austin and thought I'd ask. TIA
If you feel like driving, I saw some W12 at a store in Bastrop about 2 weeks ago when I was passing thru. He wanted $100 for it. He had some Blanton's too and wanted $125 for Blantons. I'd be willing to bet at those prices, the bottles are still on the shelf.
Farmer1906
AG
WLW12SPJ said:

I have some W12(1.75) & Stagg Jr in the bunker if you want to trade.

I'm in the Houston area.
WLW12SPJ
AG
I drive through Bastrop every work day. I don't like that stuff that much, but do you remember the store? I'm guessing Clint's. I know Spec's in Bastrop claims its "allocated".

I did find a Twin Liquors in Austin that let me buy a liter WLW 12 for "regular" price...around $32-33. Anyhow, I was just checking to see if anyone was still seeing it at a particular store.

Would like a 1.75, but Houston is a little out of the way AND I really have nothing to trade. I drink it too fast.
Credible Source
AG
aggiemike89 said:

WLW12SPJ said:

If you feel like driving, I saw some W12 at a store in Bastrop about 2 weeks ago when I was passing thru. He wanted $100 for it. He had some Blanton's too and wanted $125 for Blantons. I'd be willing to bet at those prices, the bottles are still on the shelf.
Credible Source
AG
Not sure if W12 is still around or not, but OWA and a Stagg Jr are.
aggiemike89
AG
WLW12SPJ said:

I drive through Bastrop every work day. I don't like that stuff that much, but do you remember the store? I'm guessing Clint's. I know Spec's in Bastrop claims its "allocated".

I did find a Twin Liquors in Austin that let me buy a liter WLW 12 for "regular" price...around $32-33. Anyhow, I was just checking to see if anyone was still seeing it at a particular store.

Would like a 1.75, but Houston is a little out of the way AND I really have nothing to trade. I drink it too fast.
I think that was the name of the store. The W12 and Blanton's were behind the counter. It was all I could do to keep from laughing in his face when he told me how much the W12 was. The store is on the south side of 21 in a strip center. He had a bunch of old whiskey/bourbon decanters in there for sale too.
Ringo88
AG
4 out of 5 BTAC have dropped in ATL, along with Whistle Pig Boss Hog #4 "The Black Prince".
tripperwill
AG
Yes, they have it at the Hancock Twin Liquor. They've had 1.75 and 750 W12, OWA, Stagg Jr, 1792 Sweet Wheat, some 4R store pick and others. All on the shelf by their bar to the right as you walk in. I picked up a blantons but I think it was the last one.
The 1.75 W12 was $45.
FlyFish95
Total Wine on Holcombe has a ton of OF 1920 if anyone is interested.
JSKolache
AG
In case it hasn't been covered - don't waste $30 on Dickel Barrel Select. Good lord it is horrible. I've never had worse whiskey. Tastes like stale corn water with brown food coloring. Total let down.
agcrock2005
AG
DryFly said:

Total Wine on Holcombe has a ton of OF 1920 if anyone is interested.
Is that next on the list of bourbons that you can't find? I see that everywhere in DFW.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Anyone here tried the Balcones True Blue Cask Strength or the Texas Blue Corn Bourbon that they just recently released at the distillery last weekend? I've got a friend who might be dropping by this weekend and wondered if either one was worth having him pick up to bring back at 75 bucks a pop.
FTAG 2000
AG
I tried the McKenna 10 BIB, not my thing. Anyone in Plano / Frisco interested in it at cost minus a pour? Roughly $32.
bevokilla
AG
Goody Goody on highway 6 in Houston has 5 cases of Blantons in the back
Buck Compton
AG
Just bought the McKenna myself for $29, haven't tried it yet.

What's not to like about it?
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Hate to hear it hit your palate wrong ... I'll take it off your hands if you're looking to unload it and haven't poured it out yet. I'm a big fan of Dickel and enjoy the Barrel Select. You in DFW by chance?
John Francis Donaghy
bevokilla said:

Goody Goody on highway 6 in Houston has 5 cases of Blantons in the back

Seems like a lot of the bottles that hace been difficult to find are showing up in larger numbers this year. Are the increases in production finally starting to show up on store shelves?
FriedTex
AG
Was at a bar tonight that had W12 for 25/pour .... FML

I went with the ECBP for 18
First Page Last Page
Page 270 of 1101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.