Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,853,100 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TexAgs1992
Credible Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcrock2005 said:

FriedTex said:

Had kiddo #2 yesterday, time to break out the WLW to celebrate
Congrats! Hope you get more sleep than me. Have two in diapers. Absolute **** show!

Literally
AlaskanAg99
AG
Tonight or tomorrow I'm going to stop by Whitmeyers Distilling. Iva had a few from them I enjoy so I need to go check them out. Much better than what Yellow Rose is making.
aTm '99
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Tonight or tomorrow I'm going to stop by Whitmeyers Distilling. Iva had a few from them I enjoy so I need to go check them out. Much better than what Yellow Rose is making.
Tomorrow they have a single barrel (like the ones usually only available at the distillery) being released only at Specs on Smith. I would bet there's going to be a line ready to buy at 10am. Limit 6 bottles per person. Specs is actually selling these 15 bucks below msrp - $76.79 cash/debit.
jh0400
AG
So, is the Joseph Magnus worth $100? The description sounds awesome, but the price point is hard to stomach.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
No.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
By the way, what would you be willing to donate to charity for a private dusty Pappy Van Winkle and other vintage bourbon tasting with Preston Van Winkle and Chris Shepherd at Chris' house?
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm aware, it's why I went. Plus my wife took off on a trip today. I picked up 2 white labels at Whitmeyers. I bad the blue label single barrel previously. Not sure I can get to Smith Specs tomorrow at 10. The 6 per person is kinda BS. They expect it to sell out in 2 hours. Distillery can only sell 2 ea. Not sure why there's a 1/2 case limit for a highly limited release.

Met the owners, really down to earth people. They're way better than Yellow Rose. 30 gallon barrels. Looking forward to going back and tasting more of their products.
aTm '99
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Lol no I'm out of town but I just saw your "preview"
HouseDivided06
AG
Anybody want the Michter's Limited Release Barrel Strength Rye? $78 at Goody Goody. If someone sees this and wants me to grab it for them I'm happy to while I'm here
HouseDivided06
AG
Well I grabbed one if anyone in Dallas is interested in getting one for cost or have something to trade of like value. Feel free to respond on here or PM or email at username at gmail
Ducks4brkfast
AG
third coast.. said:

Well if that tasting is a real thing and somewhat reasonable, let me know. Otherwise, enjoy your time out of town!
It's a silent auction item and doesn't open till next week.
Wheatables02
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Well I grabbed one if anyone in Dallas is interested in getting one for cost or have something to trade of like value. Feel free to respond on here or PM or email at username at gmail
I'm in DFW and would like it please. Just saw one in Gainesville FL but have no way or time to get it back.
HouseDivided06
AG
Sure thing. I will PM you and we can set it up.
agcrock2005
AG
If you come across another one I'll try it. Which goody goody?
FTAG 2000
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

By the way, what would you be willing to donate to charity for a private dusty Pappy Van Winkle and other vintage bourbon tasting with Preston Van Winkle and Chris Shepherd at Chris' house?

More details please.
HouseDivided06
AG
Yep I'll let you know. I got a bottle back in August and I've been nursing it. Really damn good. The one I first got was the Specs over by Elm Fork, and today I went to the new Goody Goody off Grand Ave by the Arboretum. Didn't even know it was there but very nice location.
Aggiejue
AG
2017 OFBB has arrived in San Antonio. I'll be picking up tomorrow.
Aggiejue
Credible Source
AG
Aggiejue said:

Where?!? Please tell me
Ringo88
AG
Parker's Heritage 11 yr old bourbon has hit the Southeast. Making rounds tomorrow to pick up a few.

''Tis the season.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AG 2000' said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

More details please.

https://southernsmoke.org/silent-auction/

Wheatables02
AG
Tried seasoned wood, OFBB 17, and Michters toasted rye in Gainesville tonight. Almost 3 oz of both SW and OFBB for $20 each and about 5 oz of toasted rye in a sifter for $10.76.

SW was fantastic and toasted was pretty good. OFBB not as good as 1920.
Credible Source
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Tried seasoned wood, OFBB 17, and Michters toasted rye in Gainesville tonight. Almost 3 oz of both SW and OFBB for $20 each and about 5 oz of toasted rye in a sifter for $10.76.

SW was fantastic and toasted was pretty good. OFBB not as good as 1920.

Torbush. I had SW next to Four grain the other day, and it was hot as hell and not a bourbon I'd seek out. Birthday bourbon kicks the dick off 1920. I've got a half empty bottle I don't want to finish of the 1920. Weird how different pallets are.
Fall92
AG
I'll unload that 1920 from you any time. Good stuff.
plowboy1065
S
You have a 17 OFBB?
Aggiejue
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Aggiejue said:

Where?!? Please tell me

I received a courtesy call from Specs, as I was on the list.
Aggiejue
Credible Source
AG
plowboy1065 said:

You have a 17 OFBB?

No
SuperAg05
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I'm aware, it's why I went. Plus my wife took off on a trip today. I picked up 2 white labels at Whitmeyers. I bad the blue label single barrel previously. Not sure I can get to Smith Specs tomorrow at 10. The 6 per person is kinda BS. They expect it to sell out in 2 hours. Distillery can only sell 2 ea. Not sure why there's a 1/2 case limit for a highly limited release.

Met the owners, really down to earth people. They're way better than Yellow Rose. 30 gallon barrels. Looking forward to going back and tasting more of their products.
Not sure why you think the 1/2 case limit is BS. It's the 1st time they've released their distillery only product at a retail shop, and they wanted to make sure as many people as possible would get a chance to try it.

Btw, it sold out in 47 minutes. 220 bottles in less than an hour. Whitmeyers makes good stuff. Plus, they are vet owned and operated.
tripperwill
AG
I think he's saying they should have limited it even more in order to get it to more people.
SuperAg05
AG
Ah, yeah I can understand that. But, it's not like this is a bottle that's going to be flipped for a profit. I'm sure there was a risk/reward discussion on it. Limiting to 2 might get more exposure, but no guarantee 110 individuals would be that interested in a craft bourbon. After this showing, I'm sure the next one will be a limit 2.

Of course, you could always visit the distillery and pick up a single barrel as well. It's a pretty chill place to have a drink and hang out.
First Page Last Page
Page 266 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.