Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,805 Views | 38480 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by rca21978
gigemags87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pls report back
Wheatables02
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Picked up some Magnus cigar blend and a Magnus store pick yesterday. Pretty excited about both

How much for cigar?
62strat
AG
third coast.. said:

and it isnt 25 year pappy

You reading something different than me?

It says 25 year pappy, the bottle they announced earlier this year that would be released.
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Popped open the Redemption Wheated last night. Tastes a helluva lot like Weller 12. Costs slightly more and I'm not sure if it's easier to find but if you like the wheateds it's a good one.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
It's Old Rip Van Winkle. Like Third Coast said above.
John Francis Donaghy
Oh good! Semantics!

I was getting tired of all the actual bourbon discussion going on in here.
62strat
AG
You're right, it's not specifically a Pappy, the name everyone associates with any of the whiskeys offered by the Old Van Winkle distillery.

Good detective work.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
It's not detective work but common knowledge within the bourbon community.

Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

It's not detective work but common knowledge within the bourbon community.

My point exactly. You apparently missed my sarcasm.

plowboy1065
S
What does semantics mean?
AlaskanAg99
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Means you need to have another bourbon.
aTm '99
plowboy1065
S
AlaskanAg99 said:

plowboy1065 said:

Means you need to have another bourbon.

Whew, I was worried there for a minute
RenoAg
Anyone interested in joining a charity-only bourbon raffle group on Facebook? Had approximately 50 bottles in one event a couple weeks ago with all proceeds going to the Houston Food Bank to support Harvey relief. Raised close to $9000. Close to 50 people won a donated bottle of bourbon. Among the bottles donated - a Van Winkle Rye, SW juice - I think it was an 80s Old Fitzgerald but I forget exactly what it was, old ND (late 70s Old Taylor I believe) butterscotch bomb juice, a 2015 FR SmBLE. Not trying to misrepresent as most bottles were not of that quality or secondary worth. Many were things like store pick FR or SAOS bottles. We're having another event in the next couple of weeks to support relief going to storm victims in Florida and the Carribean. Exact charity or charities has not been determined yet. But will be disclosed prior to the event. I expect this one to at least be the same size but Will not be shocked if it is larger. As small as $10 via donation directly to the charity gets you into the drawing (with screenshot evidence of donation).

Anyway - anyone interested email me at russdarrow03 at yahoo dot com. I'll leave this up for a couple days before taking it down.
plowboy1065
S
I'm in
Credible Source
AG
plowboy1065 said:

I'm in

I'm in also
AggieBuck, meal credit, cash, outbound?
Farmer1906
AG
In
Post removed:
by user
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
In
RenoAg
plowboy1065 said:

I'm in

Anyone wanting in, please friend me on Facebook. Have to be friends in order to add you to the group. Gettin in ahead of time will allow you to check how the group operates. Again - this group is strictly to raise money for charitable causes. There are other groups for "regular" raffles on bottles.

Look at my email address and I'm sure you sleuths can figure out my name to find me on Facebook.
John Francis Donaghy
Are you looking for entrants or bottle donations?

Not sure I have anything raffle-worthy that's still sealed, but I can double check when I get home.

If you're just looking for cash donations to enter the raffle, I'm definitely in.
RenoAg
John Francis Donaghy said:

Are you looking for entrants or bottle donations?

Not sure I have anything raffle-worthy that's still sealed, but I can double check when I get home.

If you're just looking for cash donations to enter the raffle, I'm definitely in.

Whatever you feel comfortable participating in is welcome. If donating a bottle you need to be able to ship it. If you aren't comfortable shipping it then it won't be something added to the list of prizes.

Once you get admitted to the group, you can scroll down the last several events to see how it works. It isn't too complicated.
plowboy1065
S
Just sent you a friend request
RenoAg
plowboy1065 said:

Just sent you a friend request

For those who have sent me a friend request I have already accepted them and submitted you to be added to the Group. I don't know how long it takes to get processed into the group but the founder has assured me anyone I submit for entry will be granted access. So if it takes some time please be patient. And I hope it goes without saying - please don't be a jackhole once you are in. Participate or don't- that's entirely your choice. There is zero obligation to do anything. But be a good guest please.
FTAG 2000
AG
Sounds interesting, any way to get added? I don't have access to your email via user profile.
IBMs_Watson
Third coast - the better half is headed to Friendswood tomorrow. I'd be happy to arrange pickup and payment for the 1792 FP. Thanks in advance.
BuyMy2006MX5 @ gmail . com
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
jsn1986
AG
third coast.. said:

W12 hit specs around the tine today
Confirmed - got a bottle in The Woodlands
hammerhead
jsn1986 said:

third coast.. said:

Just picked up a handle of W12 and a bottle of Blantons at Specs on Mopac.
RenoAg
AG 2000' said:

Sounds interesting, any way to get added? I don't have access to your email via user profile.

Gonna need to be Facebook friends to get added. My email is listed a few posts prior. You'll figure out my name from that. When you search I'll have a Htown area city listed and also have an automaker referenced in my profile. Send me a friend request and I'll get you added into the group.
RenoAg
third coast.. said:

im in as well.

Send me a Facebook friend request. For some reason I can't send you one. At least on the profile I think is you.
aggielostinETX
AG
jsn1986 said:

third coast.. said:

At Goody Goody in Dallas. Got a Weller 107 as well.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Anyone looking that misses out on W12 and happens to be in Vail at some point, I saw a couple this past weekend ... $125. WLW for $1K. Blantons for $145. 2016 OFBB for $450. Mitchers 10 yr SB for $225. IW Harper 15 for $350. Bourbon hysteria at resort markup!
First Page Last Page
Page 262 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.