Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,832,729 Views | 38351 Replies | Last: 4 sec ago by hurleyag
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deats said:

boogieman said:

Got the last one on the shelf.
Thanks for the heads up.
FYI... they had a couple cases, you may have to ask now
I'll check back and see if I can get an extra or 2 for trading.

Thanks
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
Will someone please get one for me??? I'll pay cost plus shipping & a few bucks for all your trouble.
plowboy1065
S
We're all just messing with those that don't know about it. It's trash and you shouldn't buy it all. If you see some let me know where so I can prank some friends
DallasAggie2012
AG
Hopefully some stores on the Ft Worth side get it later this week. Was anyone able to find it anywhere else besides that Total Wine?
RenoAg
How much were they charging for the RHF?
RenoAg
I made an addition to my Harvey survival kit earlier this evening when I found another Michters Rye Barrel Strength for $75. Also added a Woodford Reserve Double Oaked which isn't rare or overly special but it has a unique flavor and he had a nice price on it at $44. Plus it hits my palate well and I haven't had any in a while. I usually see it priced in the low 50s most places.

Let the rains begin!
Post removed:
by user
Trinity Ag
S
LCE said:

Old Grand Dad 114 not bad for $22

Huge fan.

Crazy to me Beam sells it for half what they charge for Basil Hayden.

That is why they almost quit making it -- it is the same whiskey, only aged ~6 instead of ~8, and NOT watered down to 80 proof.

In this case, market slotting is your friend -- if they labeled it Basil Hayden cask strength, it would cut into Bookers market share.
aggielostinETX
AG
$45
aggielostinETX
AG
Trinity Ag said:

LCE said:

Old Grand Dad 114 not bad for $22

Huge fan.

Crazy to me Beam sells it for half what they charge for Basil Hayden.

That is why they almost quit making it -- it is the same whiskey, only aged ~6 instead of ~8, and NOT watered down to 80 proof.

In this case, market slotting is your friend -- if they labeled it Basil Hayden cask strength, it would cut into Bookers market share.

It was $20 at Total Wine. Guess I shoulda bought more than 1 bottle.
FTAG 2000
AG
RenoAg said:

How much were they charging for the RHF?

It was $47.99.

Bought it sight unseen/tasted on the recommendations of the board.

It's one of my neighbor's birthdays on Saturday and we're hosting the big block party for it, will be cracking open one of the bottles I got at Total Wine today (picked up two - one to drink, one to save). Will update once we crack it open Saturday afternoon as to taste, etc.

Also have some ETL and Blanton's on hand so gonna do a side by side between those.
Wheatables02
AG
I think it's better than both ETL and Blanton's, but I really don't like either so that is not saying much.
FTAG 2000
AG
I have access to Weller Special Reserve and regular Buffalo Trace too. Thoughts on those?

Farmer1906
AG
AG 2000' said:

I have access to Weller Special Reserve and regular Buffalo Trace too. Thoughts on those?
Both readily available most places and both okay. You can do much worse for the price point.
aggielostinETX
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AG 2000' said:

Both readily available most places and both okay. You can do much worse for the price point.
Those plus larceny are my go to's for Old Fashions at home.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Those plus larceny are my go to's for Old Fashions at home.
I too use Buffalo Trace for OF's at home. I refuse to use the expensive stuff in them...except for those delicious yet incredibly expensive cherries!
FTAG 2000
AG
Thanks. Total Wine was treating the Buffalo Trace like a rare get (at front counter with the premium stuff).

Need something anyway for regular mixed drinks (like Old Fashioned), will put that into the rotation.

agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Total Wine was treating the Buffalo Trace like a rare get (at front counter with the premium stuff).
I think everything made by BT is rare (or at least more rare than it used to be) right now. I haven't been seeing regular Buffalo Trace on the shelf much.
LCE
AG
Twin Liquor w their sale. Good deals.
oldarmy84
AG
I would call it a novelty, since I can find plenty of better Bourbon's for less money then Garrison Bros.
agcrock2005
AG
oldarmy84 said:

I would call it a novelty, since I can find plenty of better Bourbon's for less money then Garrison Bros.
I know I'm probably in the minority here, considering their prices, but I can't stand Garrison Brothers. Tastes like charcoal.
Wheatables02
AG
agcrock2005 said:

oldarmy84 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here, considering their prices, but I can't stand Garrison Brothers. Tastes like charcoal.
no, you're the majority of people with good bourbon taste
Farmer1906
AG
I had it a few years ago and was disappointed.
FriedTex
AG
Which is your favorite Belle Meade bourbon?
jh0400
AG
FriedTex said:

My two favorites are the Single Barrel and the Madeira finished.
FriedTex
AG
jh0400 said:

FriedTex said:

My two favorites are the Single Barrel and the Madeira finished.
What did you like about these two?
HouseDivided06
AG
Also curious about the price point that's good for those. I have seen the Madeira for around $80 and have been tempted to give it a shot
jh0400
AG
I paid around $70 for the Madeira when Specs had it on sale. I think the single barrel is around that point as well.
jsn1986
AG
FriedTex said:

Personally a big fan of the sherry finish. It's expensive, but i really like it even at the ~$80 price point. I get a bit of a dry finish from the sherry that I really appreciate.
oldarmy84
AG
Going to Green Brier this Friday......looking forward to trying a few of the Belle Meade products since we don't see much of them in Maryland. Did pick up Widow Jane 10 yr yesterday since I've heard good things about it. Didn't disappoint.
Ringo88
AG
It's a great visit, olarmy84. If you like their stuff, make sure and have a souvenir budget. They have autographed bottles and great gift shop items (glassware, decanters, apparel, etc.).
oldarmy84
AG
Thanks...Much appreciated. I always do
Brad_97
AG
Have we done this one?

If you could have a lifetime supply of any bourbon $75 retail or under, but could only drink that one current production and future releases choice for the rest of your life - what would it be?

Got to thinking after someone said something to this effect about ECBP a while back. For me right now it would be ECBP but I've still yet to try OF 1920 and there might be a few things hard to find things that end up surprising me with their retail price.

What say you?
tx4guns
AG
Pappy 15.

Seriously, though, it would be ECBP or EHTBP for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.