Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,854,809 Views | 38565 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by rca21978
RenoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't have PM privileges on Texags. Hit me up at Poof its gone.
AggieLaw2010
AG

Sent you an email. Thanks.
the dude10
AG
Anyone interested in Elmer t lee or rock hill farms for $100 or AECS for $200?
FriedTex
AG
the dude10 said:

Anyone interested in Elmer t lee or rock hill farms for $100 or AECS for $200?
never
RenoAg
AggieLaw2010 said:

RenoAg said:

I don't have PM privileges on Texags. Hit me up at .

Sent you an email. Thanks.

Please take down my email from the board.
RenoAg
See a Michters 10 on a shelf for $119. Anyone wants it just email me since my email is still up on aggielaw's post. I'll tell you via email exactly where. NW Htown area. I won't be able to mule it for you though. Sorry.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
It was 94 + T's. An even hundy and I'll call it even.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Yep. Rarely used so far from an expert on it. I think it works with my email address.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg

Fyi I am completely unavailable to meet up and give you the bottle for the next few days.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Probably fine but I hope you don't get my account shut down. Certain things shouldn't ever be put in the notes. Would seem obvious. I know guys it has happened to.
Post removed:
by user
Ringo88
AG
The Van Winkle release has occurred in Atlanta. Dropping in Texas soon.
HouseDivided06
AG
Bought a bottle of the Rebel Yell 10 year today. Pretty damn solid for $44. Would recommend. Also, had a buddy who's a distributor tell me today that Old Granddad 114 is going to be discontinued. Nothing special but know lots of people who have it on hand since it's decent for the price point. And lastly if you're in Dallas and like Whistle Pig, there's a place in east Dallas that sells it for less than I've seen it anywhere else. Picked up a bottle the other day for about $54. Usually see it at Total Wine and Specs for closer to $70
John Francis Donaghy
Love my OGD 114. Sad day.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

Fairly certain that ogd rumour has been around and is not true
Chuck Cowdery's blog believes it is gone next year. The juice will be used in another Beam product. He's got a lot of Beam contacts in the year or so I've been reading his blog. I'm searching for the post now....
Wheatables02
AG
Quote:

Old Grand-Dad Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is no longer available in the 1.75 L size. Discontinuing the 1.75 L is another strategy for stretching limited supplies of whiskey. Like Maker's Mark, a brand that briefly discontinued its 1.75 L a few years ago, Old Grand-Dad is a Beam Suntory product.

The goal is to keep a brand that is under supply pressure on the shelf, because available whiskey will go further in the smaller sizes. It is also possible that Old Grand-Dad, being a relatively small brand, was not selling enough in the jumbo size to justify its continued distribution. Most likely the decision was due to multiple factors.

Some people worry that the discontinuation of a size means the brand itself is in jeopardy. Nothing could be further from the truth. The brand is doing very well, despite a minimal marketing spend. That doesn't mean there won't be more changes. The brand's high proof expression, Old Grand-Dad 114, probably will be discontinued next year, Beam sources say.

Like Maker's Mark, Old Grand-Dad uses a different recipe from Jim Beam and other company brands such as Knob Creek, Booker's, Baker's, and Old Crow. Old Grand-Dad contains twice as much rye as Jim Beam (about 30%). Basil Hayden is the only other brand that uses Old Grand-Dad liquid and it too is growing.

A venerable old brand that originated in the 19th century, Old Grand-Dad is a good whiskey that is often not on the radar of many young bourbon drinkers. Especially with the growing popularity of straight rye, high rye bourbons such as Old Grand-Dad offer a unique taste profile. Bulleit and Four Roses are other examples of high rye bourbon.

NOTE: Information about Old Grand-Dad 114 was added on Monday, 10/24.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
OGD 114 is going away. I live next door to a Beam rep. Consider it confirmed. This news came out about 2 months ago.
Mathguy64
AG
So something that is a great taste and value is going away in the midst of a boom period and at the same time the shelves are full of crap known as spirit whiskey and dubious bottles of cinnamon and maple flavored nastiness.

I guess I'm shocked that they haven't raised the price 50% and have it "allocated" behind the counter.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Booker's is so much better anyway.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
I got a mini JB for Halloween.
FriedTex
AG
Found another ECBP in the wild today, always consider that a win
John Francis Donaghy
tx4guns said:

Booker's is so much better anyway.

Different beasts with different purposes for me. The OGD114 is my go-to cocktail whiskey. High proof and high rye content make for phenomenal manhattans and old fashioneds, incredibly flavorful.

May have to build a stockpile.
Ringo88
AG
Gents, sorry to report this, but you should be prepared for much lower Van Winkle allocations at your favorite store. Some of my go-to contacts are reporting that they received about half of what they received last year; even those that did barrel store picks of required Sazerac Company/ Buffalo Trace products.
A couple of my stores had leftover 1792 stock from last year, so they didn't choose a store barrel this year. They received absolutely zero bottles.
If your favorite contact can only come up with a single bottle of 15, 12, or 10, be humble and gracious. It's not their fault. Most of it is going to restaurants this year.
tx4guns
AG
You guys take all that Van Winkle. Just leave the Old Forester 1920 for me.
Mathguy64
AG
I decided tonight I would be a hoarder and went in to get 2 bottles of OGD114. The store had a shelf full and my 2 didn't make a dent. I also found a 1792 "full proof" (125 pf). I have some sitting in a glencairn glass right now getting a bit of air.

Edit for tasting. Typical high rye bourbon. Crisp. Spicy. This is not a hot 125 proof. It's an easy neat sipper.
Daytona22
AG
Celebrating a big promotion tonight by opening my bottle of Booker's Rye. It's hot but very good.
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.