Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,839,191 Views | 38430 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by AgCzar
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
RenoAg said:

My lineup tonight in order: Angels Envy, Stagg Jr, 2 oz of 2003 GTS, ECBP. If I LIVE through these pours I'll have to see what else sounds good. Undecided at the moment.

FIFY
VegasT
AG
Ringo88, I totally agree. My whiskey goals aren't as ambitious. I am happy with my calls for Elmer T Lee, Weller 12, Birthday Bourbon and the occasional Orphan Barrel. I spend enough to get a few rare and hard to get bottles as well. I did get lucky last year and got Michters 10. Eventually, the hipsters will move on and the black market will crash and I will get a BTAC or a PVW. I'm in no hurry. Everything goes in cycles.
RenoAg
plowboy1065 said:

RenoAg said:

My lineup tonight in order: Angels Envy, Stagg Jr, 2 oz of 2003 GTS, ECBP. If I LIVE through these pours I'll have to see what else sounds good. Undecided at the moment.

FIFY

HAHAHA! Almost done with my Stagg jr. Forgotten how much I like that taste even if a bit monotone. But you probably right. Ain't gonna be a #5 in this lineup. Won't make it there. That ecbp gonna be the knockout blow after these tough body blows.
plowboy1065
S
You had some stout ones in that lineup. I applaud you sir
Wheatables02
AG
Home from work. Started with Stagg Jr 128.5, then OF1920, now Baby Saz with a splash of coke.

Damn Aggies.
Ringo88
AG
Met a new friend of family tonight who happened to be a big bourboner. While his Gators dumped their game, we drowned our sorrows with A.H. Hirsch 16 year, Parkers Promise of Hope, and William Larue Weller. I did not ask him to open the Michters Celebration Sour Mash.
RenoAg
Gotta ask bout that AHH 16 year. How was it?
Wheatables02
AG
Ringo88 said:

Met a new friend of family tonight who happened to be a big bourboner. While his Gators dumped their game, we drowned our sorrows with A.H. Hirsch 16 year, Parkers Promise of Hope, and William Larue Weller. I did not ask him to open the Michters Celebration Sour Mash.
Ringo88
AG
Mild oakiness with a lot of old school spice and balance. Similar taste profile to the John E. Fitzgerald special release last year. Leaves a ring around the outside of your mouth of jalapeo style tingle. In a blind taste test, you'd easily be able to single it out as older "good stuff".
tx4guns
AG
We almost killed a bottle of NASA OBSQ Four Roses last night at deer camp. Not sure that was a good idea.
FriedTex
AG
Soooo good but lethal
Ringo88
AG
Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition dropped in the southeast today. Pappy expected this week, perhaps tomorrow.

It's headed your way!
plowboy1065
S
What's everyone drinking tonight watching election results? Started with EHT SB and now looking through the cabinet for what's next
Mathguy64
AG
I just poured some Stagg Jr. Might as well get a kick in the junk as this spirals into bizarro land.
John Francis Donaghy
mathguy86 said:

I just poured some Stagg Jr. Might as well get a kick in the junk as this spirals into bizarro land.

I think I'll join you.
plowboy1065
S
I went with PMP but it's about done with. Next!
FriedTex
AG
Weller Antique
Mathguy64
AG
If this gets any weirder I'm pouring some BT white dog.
plowboy1065
S
I've got some and it's brutal
Mathguy64
AG
Liquid corn. It's raw no doubt.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Started with a pour of SA OS CS then moved on to some Megyn Kelly and Dana Perino.
Daytona22
AG
That stuff is awful. Hilarious post though.

Started with EHT BP and had a sample of KC2001 that I tried. Not bad but not my favorite.
the dude10
AG
Today seems like the perfect day to open my JPS 21 rye.

Also, I am going to pop in a few stores looking for FRSmB LE and BTAC. If anyone wants to let me know what your max price is on these, if it's higher than mine I will C+S a bottle if I happen to get lucky. I won't jack it up from what I buy it at but I also don't want to pay top dollar for a bottle and get stuck with it either.
tx4guns
AG
So who's cracking epic bottles tonight? I'm thinking I just may to celebrate freedom.
bevokilla
AG
Any thoughts on the Angel's Envy Rye for $100 or any of the Colonel EH Taylor (Single Barrel, Rye, or Small Batch) for $80-$100?
Daytona22
AG
Nice! I can't wait to open my jps 25. It's all packed up right now until we get moved into our new house.
Wheatables02
AG
tx4guns said:

So who's cracking epic bottles tonight? I'm thinking I just may to celebrate freedom.
I'm tempted to crack my Seasoned Wood.
aggiemike89
AG
bevokilla said:

Any thoughts on the Angel's Envy Rye for $100 or any of the Colonel EH Taylor (Single Barrel, Rye, or Small Batch) for $80-$100?
Those EH Taylors are good juice but those prices are too high.
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Way too high
FriedTex
AG
Just cracked open Rebel Yell 10yr Single Barrel. It's pretty damn good
Post removed:
by user
AggieLaw2010
AG
I'm looking for 2 bottles of 15y/o PWV. Anyone willing to sell, I'm willing to buy.
RenoAg
AggieLaw2010 said:

I'm looking for 2 bottles of 15y/o PWV. Anyone willing to sell, I'm willing to buy.

I actually have a couple I was going to be parting with soon. I like to generally do a solid for my fellow Ags. But I'm not taking less than full secondary because of the high demand for these bottles. Fair or not, I can get that easily elsewhere. Do you have an idea of the price of these? I don't want to be the source of any sticker shock.
AggieLaw2010
AG
I am aware of secondary market pricing and would love to talk. Can you PM me your info?

Thank you.
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.