Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,839,117 Views | 38430 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by AgCzar
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RenoAg said:

FriedTex said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Brad_97 said:

Alaskan - I've got an extra ETL, 2016, in the DFW area. More looking for a trade for something I don't have than to sell outright. Hit me up if interested. I'm actually in the Hilltop lakes area but get up to Dallas semi-regularly.

I'm in Houston. What are you looking for and I can keep an eye open.

I have a 2015 ETL I'm willing to trade but will have to be shipped. Always looking for Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

If you are out of ECBP and hankerin for some I'll do you a solid and part with one of mine for $60 + cost of shipping to you. Full disclosure: That's not the super cheap bottle of ECBP I scored. But I paid that for my other 2. I'm not marking up anything here. Recent release bottles is all I have. I think it was 139.4 proof. Will confirm if you are interested.

Geez I want to say yes but our budget is strapped bc I just bought a new dishwasher and the wife isn't too keen on a bourbon purchase this month. I appreciate the generous offer though
plowboy1065
S
FYI the wife is never going to be ok with your bourbon purchases. She can't get mad if she doesn't know
FriedTex
AG
I was dumb enough to ask for permission first...
AlaskanAg99
AG
RenoAg said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Brad_97 said:

Alaskan - I've got an extra ETL, 2016, in the DFW area. More looking for a trade for something I don't have than to sell outright. Hit me up if interested. I'm actually in the Hilltop lakes area but get up to Dallas semi-regularly.

I'm in Houston too. I'll offer you one of my bottles of ETL out of my bunker for $40. I'm sure I paid more than that but not enough more to matter to me. Probably even have your choice of 2015 or 2016. But not 100% sure on that. I'd have to check to be sure. But for sure I know I'd have one bottle for you from 1 of those 2 years.

Sweet. I'll jump on that, and I don't care which year.

I'll pay you $40 and I'll sweeten the pot with 2oz from one of my open BTAC bottles. I'll have to send you a photo, I have a GTS and Thomas Handy open, all pre '09.
Post removed:
by user
the dude10
AG
RenoAg said:

FriedTex said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Brad_97 said:

I have a 2015 ETL I'm willing to trade but will have to be shipped. Always looking for Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

If you are out of ECBP and hankerin for some I'll do you a solid and part with one of mine for $60 + cost of shipping to you. Full disclosure: That's not the super cheap bottle of ECBP I scored. But I paid that for my other 2. I'm not marking up anything here. Recent release bottles is all I have. I think it was 139.4 proof. Will confirm if you are interested.

I would also be interested in this as I haven't been able to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. Seen if for $150 though haha. I would also be open to a trade for something similar in value. I can't remember what all I have bunkered in that price range but I know for sure I have a few SAOS CS and a few EHT BP.
RenoAg
AlaskanAg99 said:

RenoAg said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Brad_97 said:

I'm in Houston too. I'll offer you one of my bottles of ETL out of my bunker for $40. I'm sure I paid more than that but not enough more to matter to me. Probably even have your choice of 2015 or 2016. But not 100% sure on that. I'd have to check to be sure. But for sure I know I'd have one bottle for you from 1 of those 2 years.

Sweet. I'll jump on that, and I don't care which year.

I'll pay you $40 and I'll sweeten the pot with 2oz from one of my open BTAC bottles. I'll have to send you a photo, I have a GTS and Thomas Handy open, all pre '09.

I've got a 2014 or 2016 with your name on it then. Turns out I don't have another unopened 15. Forgot I had a 14. Email me at Poof.gonenow and we can work out details on meeting up.
RenoAg
the dude10 said:

RenoAg said:

FriedTex said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Brad_97 said:

I would also be interested in this as I haven't been able to find it anywhere for a reasonable price. Seen if for $150 though haha. I would also be open to a trade for something similar in value. I can't remember what all I have bunkered in that price range but I know for sure I have a few SAOS CS and a few EHT BP.

You in the Htown area? Or would it need to be shipped?

Third Coast - I know you replied first. Hope you don't mind me spreading the karma around a bit. I've only got one bottle I'm willing to part with. My open bottle is dangerously close to being empty! ECBP is in my opinion one of the best bottles for value and quality if at a fair retail price. They are just so hard to find for that.
aggiemike89
AG
plowboy1065 said:

FYI the wife is never going to be ok with your bourbon purchases. She can't get mad if she doesn't know
What a prophetic statement plowboy. Couldn't have said it better myself. When purchasing bourbon, guns or guitars, ALWAYS ask for forgiveness instead of permission.
plowboy1065
S
aggiemike89 said:

plowboy1065 said:

What a prophetic statement plowboy. Couldn't have said it better myself. When purchasing bourbon, guns or guitars, ALWAYS ask for forgiveness instead of permission.

You are exactly right and I haven't forgotten about the bottle at your office. She doesn't know about that one either
RenoAg
You are on the clock dude10. Let me know something by this evening sir.
HTownAg98
aggiemike89 said:

plowboy1065 said:

That's a good way to end up dating Rosie Palmer and her five sisters for a couple months.
tx4guns
AG
Or marry a hottie who likes guns and drinks whiskey, like I did.

aggiemike89 said:

When purchasing bourbon, guns or guitars, ALWAYS ask for forgiveness instead of permission.
the dude10
AG
RenoAg said:

You are on the clock dude10. Let me know something by this evening sir.

Email sent! I totally agree that it's an awesome deal if found anywhere close to retail. At the prices I have seen it for in Austin it was a pass but I am really excited to get another bottle. Good bull sir!
brotheraggie
Awesome post
anonymousAg05
AG
So I got my first Stagg jr and boy howdy is it a punch in the mouth.... what else is similar to this? I'm thinking I might have to steer clear of them.
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
anonymousAg05 said:

So I got my first Stagg jr and boy howdy is it a punch in the mouth.... what else is similar to this? I'm thinking I might have to steer clear of them.

It's a barrel proof bourbon, which means it isnt cut or diluted. Just poured straight from the barrel into the bottle, and off to the store shelf. Most people don't drink them neat, the value of a barrel proofer is that you can add as much or as little ice/water as you like, instead of the distillery watering it down to a uniform 80 or 90 proof like most other bourbons.

Pour it over some ice and try a sip every so often until it gets to a point you like it. If you have molds for large single cubes, it makes it easy to fish the cube out when it gets to that perfect point, so you can enjoy it over a little bit of time without it getting too watered down.

As for your question, many of the ones we talk about most on here are barrel proofers. Stagg and Stagg jr. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Bookers, Makers Mark Cask Strength, William Larue Weller, etc. Pretty much anything over 120 proof (60% abv) is considered barrel proof.
FriedTex
AG
Never understood drinking with ice. Sometimes I'll put just a dash of water to open it up a bit, but I love bourbon room temp- I feel like you get more flavor out of it

To each his own though
anonymousAg05
AG
Sweet, thank for the info. Yeah, this was the first barrel proof that I've had and I was drinking it neat. Rookie mistake it looks like.
John Francis Donaghy
anonymousAg05 said:

Sweet, thank for the info. Yeah, this was the first barrel proof that I've had and I was drinking it neat. Rookie mistake it looks like.

Not so much a mistake as a first step. You'll probably find yourself taking the ice out sooner and sooner as you work your way through the bottle.

If that turns out to be the case, just know that your booze runs are going to start getting a lot more expensive.
RenoAg
Stagg Jr ain't no punk! I've always felt it was one of the "hotter" barrel proofs out there. Has a punch indeed. Compare it to the Booker's Rye which seems so smooth even though it is a higher proof bottle at 136 proof. I know I know. Part of the difference in being a rye. Just sayin proof itself doesn't always tell the complete story. EHT barrel proof and ECBP have nowhere near the punch of Stagg Jr at comparable or higher proofs too. Just my opinion of course.
showtime
AG
Probably because the Stagg Jr. is considerably younger. An acquired taste, for sure.
Ringo88
AG
I wish you guys were seeing the same shelves at home in Texas that we're seeing over here in Georgia right now. Lots of "regular" hard to find items are filling back up, and the allocated stuff is sneaking out behind the counters. Stagg, Jr. , Willet, Rock Hill Farm, Blantons is everywhere. Made my first round of stops yesterday to pick up special stuff.
Farmer1906
AG
Jelly
Post removed:
by user
Ringo88
AG
Third coast, i'll bet you're looking forward to that trip. It has all the makings of a successful treasure hunt. Best of luck on finding a dusty bottle of something fantastic.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Met RenoAg, talked bourbon, talked beer ( brewing today), sipped some bourbon.

Now that I got my ETL, looking for ECBP and Weller 12. Not mega whales, just looking to diversify my bourbon shelf. Need to get out and hunt some shelves too.

I can always sweeten offers with pours from Thomas Hand Saz '06 & '07, GTS '06.
John Francis Donaghy
Batches of ETL and Weller 12 should be hitting shelves in the next couple weeks. Keep a sharp eye out and you can probably get both for close to regular retail price.
Wheatables02
AG
I've got an ECBP for someone. I'd like a Weller 12 750 m or 1 liter in return for trade. Hopefully someone will find one in the next few weeks and won't go secondary prices on me...

I also have a stagg jr if someone is interested in c+s. Would prefer a deal in dfw to not deal with shipping.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'll keep an eye out. Need to get back into bourbon hunting.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Bourbon hunting is so tiresome
the dude10
AG
RenoAg is going to hook me up already but I will definitely trade a weller 12 for that ECBP. I am in Austin though
Wheatables02
AG
the dude10 said:

RenoAg is going to hook me up already but I will definitely trade a weller 12 for that ECBP. I am in Austin though

I'm all for that if we each pay own shipping. Take it to PM?
Farmer1906
AG
Drinking wellar 12 tonight. Very tasty.
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.