Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,911 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by CDub06
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hey yall,

whats a solid place in houston to pick up some good sours?

is HEB and Specs as good as it gets?

remember, I'm a rookie
Quincey P. Morris
AG
What side of town?
reesei10
quote:

I may head out this weekend just to get that glass... Beer sounds pretty good as well.
What are the lines like on Saturday if you get there when JK opens at noon? How long to get through the line?

Thinking about heading out to pick some bottles if I can convince my 8th month pregnant wife to hold down the fort with my 2 year old.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

I may head out this weekend just to get that glass... Beer sounds pretty good as well.
What are the lines like on Saturday if you get there when JK opens at noon? How long to get through the line?

Thinking about heading out to pick some bottles if I can convince my 8th month pregnant wife to hold down the fort with my 2 year old.

It's not a fruited sour, so there won't be lines. I would say you'd have bottles in 10 minutes tops... Even More Jeppe was released last weekend (1K bottles) and still hasn't sold out. This release is 3K bottles.
NoneGiven
AG
1/12th fruited sour
Represent830
AG
From last night. Friends came over for pizza and the guy likes grut bier so I bought him one at JK this weekend. Pretty good!

Mmmmmmmm....

That is drinking incredibly well.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I like this beer more than most. One of my favorite JKs.

maca1028
I may have found me a SARA trader, do they distribute or are they brewery release only, and other than the obvious West Ashley what are some other good ones? Also, what would be an acceptable return for SARA?
NColoradoAG
quote:
I may have found me a SARA trader, do they distribute or are they brewery release only, and other than the obvious West Ashley what are some other good ones? Also, what would be an acceptable return for SARA?

I don't think they distribute. Saison Bernice is the best mixed fermentation saison in the country and its not even close. Its available frequently so jester king 750s will get you close. Cellarman is the easiest to obtain of the barrel aged saisons. The other barrel aged saisons like To The Choir, Stenciled Pages, and Nonnas Blends are harder to get, but worth trying for. Nonnas 7, 8, and 9 are all incredible. I havent had a ton of their fruited wild ales, but West Ashley is amazing and Appreciation is also very good.
Scriffer
AG
Tried the Ballast Point Orange Vanilla Fathom tonight. It was good, but I'd really like to try an Orange Vanilla Victory at Sea.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't think they distribute. Saison Bernice is the best mixed fermentation saison in the country and its not even close. Its available frequently so jester king 750s will get you close. Cellarman is the easiest to obtain of the barrel aged saisons. The other barrel aged saisons like To The Choir, Stenciled Pages, and Nonnas Blends are harder to get, but worth trying for. Nonnas 7, 8, and 9 are all incredible. I havent had a ton of their fruited wild ales, but West Ashley is amazing and Appreciation is also very good.

Saison Bernice is the truth. Holy sh-/ it's good.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah literally everything from SARA is amazing. Farmhouse Noir is available decently often and is incredible. Bright Sea Blonde is fantastic. You really can't go wrong with any bottles from them.
maca1028
Man, that's music to my ears thanks guys!
La Fours
AG
BSD shared a bottle of bright sea blonde with me and that ish was also the truth.
Bmac04
AG
If you really want to go for it ,go track down a bottle of Westly from SARA. Its pretty amazing.
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
What side of town?
I am southeast houston, but I will drive a little ways if I can get a decent haul from anywhere in the houston area.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
There's a shell station at the corner of Blackhawk and FM 528 that has a great beer selection. They've usual got some sours. There is also a new place called Beers Looking at You in Webster but I haven't been there yet.
jh0400
AG
D&Q has the best selection in town IMO.
La Fours
AG
Just received this box from NCol to my office. His packing skills are impeccable. This box is for turfman and me. Not just me.

Thank you sir. Much appreciated.
jah003
S
quote:
Just received this box from NCol to my office.

Hey NCol...

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Hey NCol...

You and maca are up next.
aggiemike02
AG
holy cow that vanilla medianoche sounds amazing
maca1028
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey NCol...

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey NCol...

Dont I owe you for an MvB and the live oak?
big-ag
AG
Need advice, beer friends...my 40th is coming up and my brother is planning a trip to Europe for me, probably Belgium, Germany, and England in a few days of whirlwind binge drinking.

Any advice on places to request we go?
BSD
AG
quote:
Need advice, beer friends...my 40th is coming up and my brother is planning a trip to Europe for me, probably Belgium, Germany, and England in a few days of whirlwind binge drinking.

https://www.cantillon.be/br/3_2
http://sintsixtus.be/
62strat
AG
quote:

Do you like Belgian beer? Start there.
Jock 07
AG
Damn looks like I visited NCol a week too early for the stout.
big-ag
AG
Those are two I had in mind for sure.
maca1028
Yessir but I wasn't expecting medianoche, thanks dude!
NColoradoAG
quote:

Youre not getting Medianoche. You're just up in the shipping queue.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Medianoche was released back in June. I just owed LaFours and Turfman for previous trades.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! beer blue balls
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Medianoche was released back in June. I just owed LaFours and Turfman for previous trades.
Oh I see, couldn't remember if it was one of the ones in the barrels you had showed me.
maca1028
quote:
quote:

Bahahaha! **** I'm still excited!
First Page Last Page
Page 985 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.