Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,227 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed on that front. It's always a little challenge to see if you can find something that changes someone's mind a little bit on a certain style. I have a buddy who loves sours, wits, hefes, but he despises IPA's and anything darker. It is always fun to see if we can find that one specific example that makes him start to think a little differently of that style, and if it doesn't happen, then we just move along. We never have any issues with him choosing to drink the styles he likes, just as much as much as he doesn't care that we drink certain styles that he doesn't really care for. No beer snobbery intended here.

Anyways, anyone braving the line for Atrial today yet?
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
The last few pages of this thread make me want to drop kick kittens. Lets talk about the beers we like, what we like about them, where to get them, and when we're all going to drink them instead of telling people what the should or should not like and what they should and should not taste. There's too much good beer out there for everyone. Enjoy it and spread the word about craft beer instead of being snobby.

Ill go back to kissing unicorns at the end of the rainbow now.
I don't know if this is directed at me, but I most certainly wasn't telling him he SHOULD like sours.. I'm simply pointing out that a sour is not small set of defined tastes within a style, like an ipa or amber beer, and maybe, just maybe there's a sour beer out there for him if he's interested in seeking it and didn't realize a sour came in so many varieties. Just as many of us surely have tried to find the craft beer that we can get a macro lager drinking friend to accept. It's trial and error, but it's always a fun challenge in my mind to find that beer that that person who says they don't like beer will like. Or on a smaller scale, a certain sour someone who doesn't like sours will like.

Big difference between being snobby and trying to be helpful and informative.
Edited so we can move on

AggieOO
its not a big deal, really. let's move on.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
I'm having a Town in City Chipped Tooth IPA, another new houston brewery

It's ok, doesn't blow my zipper out though

I still haven't had any of their stuff. Any of it any good?
jetch17
AG
This was my first one, again not bad. also had an 11 Below Colorblind IPA that was good
Represent830
AG
Um. Hi.
BSD
AG
I got lazy and will not be going to JK today...unless someone in Houston can talk me into leaving right now...and comes with me.
Represent830
AG
Tomorrow.

Nothing from the twitters though. At least from the line account.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I got lazy and will not be going to JK today...unless someone in Houston can talk me into leaving right now...and comes with me.

Im with you in spirit.
maca1028
This was posted about 5 minutes ago, not the best shot but it already looks like a cluster****.

We got there about 30 minutes early for MvB release and it was nothing like this.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
This was posted about 5 minutes ago, not the best shot but it already looks like a cluster****.

We got there about 30 minutes early for MvB release and it was nothing like this.
**** that noise. and MvB is the better beer anyhow. I was actually pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get my MvB bottles weekend before last.
Represent830
AG
My theory is all the neckbeards and crazies have to get there Friday and gets theirs on day 1. Will prove/disprove said theory tomorrow at noon.
AgEng06
AG
Funny thing... I'm almost certain the guy that posted that pic on IG is the guy I was talking about earlier that has 2800+ distinct on Untappd.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
This was my first one, again not bad. also had an 11 Below Colorblind IPA that was good
I've been pretty impressed with 11 Below. Their 7-iron is a damn good session. And I love Oso Bueno. Haven't had anything else yet.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
NColoradoAG
I'm at 1291 distinct beers.

I think the largest total of my friends is 4376. Bmac is at 3056.
MathNewman06
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm having a Town in City Chipped Tooth IPA, another new houston brewery

It's ok, doesn't blow my zipper out though

I still haven't had any of their stuff. Any of it any good?
I've been over there a few times because it's in the neighborhood. I would probably describe all of their beers as "It's ok, doesn't blow my zipper out though."
I liked drinking their California Common, Uncommon Cowboy. I'm not sure I could distinguish between it and Anchor Steam, which says something, I guess.
La Fours
AG
Just got here. The line is already stupid long.
BSD
AG
I'm at 126 distinct beers. Been stuck there for a while!
La Fours
AG

Drug my wife out here with me. She is not impressed.

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I'm at 1291 distinct beers.

I think the largest total of my friends is 4376. Bmac is at 3056.

715 or so for me right now.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Drug my wife out here with me. She is not impressed.

My guess is that you owe her big time.
BSD
AG
She hate you.
La Fours
AG
Yep

Most of the neckbeards in line around me are about their trades they are doing with the beers.
La Fours
AG
Haha. Probably.
jetch17
AG
LaFours
jah003
S
quote:
Just got here. The line is already stupid long.

I'm obviously not gonna make it out today. Just got back from the zoo. I'll be out there Saturday in the afternoon, though. Not holding out much hope Atrial will still be around.
maca1028
I know that look, seen it on my wife's face a few times. Especially when I spend $30 on a six pack.
Represent830
AG
That face tho. T&Ps for you bruh.
La Fours
AG
Lol. Yep. She was all wtf when I told her it was $20 a bottle.
BSD
AG
Did you tell her neckbeards will pay you $120 for it? Boom profit. Then make up lovin down by the fire.
gigemJTH12
AG
La fours How you feeling about getting your bottles? My buddy is in line for me and he has no idea how many are left
Jock 07
AG
I've seen that face before as well
gigemJTH12
AG
VICTORY!

maca1028
Blue Owl is in Houston.
First Page Last Page
Page 976 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.