Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,896 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by CDub06
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/BIEBPogjfHmTGDJNcKEkuRo0iEImUZWdoKk1yQ0
MW13
AG
Had the stars above, hell below and purgatory from Martin House tonight. Thought stars above and purgatory were damn good. Strange I live in Fort Worth and had do come to San Antonio to have it.

Bartender also said Martin House was about to stop distributing to San Antonio.
jetch17
AG
I'm hoping to get some HB/SA in Houston. I figure D&Q will get some.

/residenttoadiesfanboy
AggieOO
quote:
Does Franklin's sell BBQ sauce? Maybe you could explode one of his bottles all over La Fours.

Another TexAgs hookup!
its at HEB.
Scriffer
AG
Booked flights for Denver from 9/22 - 9/27. For the Denver guys, is there a good place to watch the Ags / Piggie game that Saturday?

Also, I'm happy to schlep some stuff up there if there are Texas brews y'all are looking for.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Booked flights for Denver from 9/22 - 9/27. For the Denver guys, is there a good place to watch the Ags / Piggie game that Saturday?

Also, I'm happy to schlep some stuff up there if there are Texas brews y'all are looking for.
The Fainting Goat is the A&M Club bar. It's a fun place to watch the game. Beer selection won't blow you away though. They usually have big plastic cups for $5 or $6 shiners. Food is decent. Atmosphere is great.

If you want a better beer selection I would go with Blake Street Tavern. I personally wouldn't want to watch a game at Falling Rock.
jh0400
AG
I watched the second half of the Bama game last year at Falling Rock. It wasn't the best game watching atmosphere, but the Pliny helped me cope with the pick sixes.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
Man... Franklin and JK... I'd be all over that if I didn't have plans that night. Freaking wife making plans for me...
Bro, you could still come stand in line with us at Franklin's and drink beer with me while BSD watches.
Zoo in the morning with the little one... I may have a window from like 1-6. Maybe I can convince the wife to let me go to JK as long as I'm back by 6:30 or so.

If I do make it I can bring you a couple of cans of Jai Alai.
La Fours
AG
Nice. So it looks like I won't be able to stand in line at franklins. But will be at JK.
maca1028
Are y'all talking about going Friday or Saturday?
La Fours
AG
I'm talking about Friday.
Represent830
AG
I'm going Saturday now.
Scriffer
AG
Much appreciated
Represent830
AG
Tallgrass seeing distro in Texas. Their Raspberry Jam Berliner is really good.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Terrapin majority sold to MillerCoors.

Their peanut butter cup porter is pretty good.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Terrapin majority sold to MillerCoors.

Their peanut butter cup porter is pretty good.

I hope that means they start distributing to Texas. Liquid Bliss is freaking fantastic.
Jock 07
AG
Looks like as long as I can get the leave approved at my new job, I'm going to the UCLA game.
gigemJTH12
AG
so tell me about this release friday...say I(my friend is going in my place) got there at 5...would there be any of the release left in to go bottles?
dave99ag
AG
Our son became our son today as we finalized his adoption! Celebrated by opening a Casey East Bank. We're pretty happy campers today!
AggieOO
quote:
Tallgrass seeing distro in Texas. Their Raspberry Jam Berliner is really good.
buffalo sweat and vanilla buffalo sweat have been longtime favorites. One less thing I have to have shipped to me.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Our son became our son today as we finalized his adoption! Celebrated by opening a Casey East Bank. We're pretty happy campers today!
Congrats!!
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

The Fainting Goat is the A&M Club bar. It's a fun place to watch the game. Beer selection won't blow you away though. They usually have big plastic cups for $5 or $6 shiners. Food is decent. Atmosphere is great.

The Denver A&M club? They stopped going to fainting goat in '14. Last year it moved to Icehouse tavern, I assume it will remain for this year.
jetch17
AG
congrats dave
62strat
AG
Is anybody (that isn't an AHA member) interested in getting saturday afternoon (AHA member session) GABF tickets?

I'm not going to use mine this year, so I'll offer to buy a pair for someone on here with no charge above what I pay. I believe they are $55, but I can't remember fees exactly.. comes out to about $140 a pair I believe.

On sale soon

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Denver A&M club? They stopped going to fainting goat in '14. Last year it moved to Icehouse tavern, I assume it will remain for this year.
2014 was the last time I went to a game there so that makes sense.

I have no idea where the Icehouse Tavern is or if it's better or worse than the Fainting Goat.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations!
maca1028
Congrats Dave!
dave99ag
AG
We were in Denver last Fall and went to Icehouse Tavern for a game. Beer selection was meh, but good to hang out with local Ags.
Represent830
AG
quote:
so tell me about this release friday...say I(my friend is going in my place) got there at 5...would there be any of the release left in to go bottles?

5? Possibly. But you'll be in the back of a long ass line. It'll go fast though. But they only have 1,000 on Friday so you're playing with fire.

Really interesting to see what the lines do with the new system. Do some people just wait until Saturday? My guess is the craziness isn't all on Friday anymore. Good for them as it'll draw more people to the brewery throughout the weekend.
Hudson2508
AG
First beer since our first son Henry arrived. Cheers beer thread!

Bmac04
AG
Congrats man! Felt like a loon kinda night

Chipotlemonger
AG
Cantillons
Scriffer
AG
Realistically, what do you have to do to acquire a loon? I've never even seen one in the wild.
Jock 07
AG
Congrats Dave and Hudson. The only way I've ever gotten them is when my buddies I used to work with go to some music fest over there and ship them back for me. They just left yesterday for the festival so I'm hoping to get another shipment again this year. Supposedly they come to the state but I never see them, I'm sure the bottles stay in Denver and don't make it down here. In the 3+ years I've been here I've seen it in town once at the local beer bar accompanied by the biggest **** show I've ever seen there
Hudson2508
AG
I brought 4 bottles back with me from France last summer and just acquired a bottle of Fou in a trade. Easiest way is probably mybeercollectibles.com or mybeercellar.com to just splurge and buy one. Trading for their more available beer isn't too bad if you have access to some good beer. That rose de Gambrinus I drank tonight is pretty easy to come by.
First Page Last Page
Page 972 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.