Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,213 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beer day! No whalez, but damn. I'm incredibly excited to work through these.

Added in the locals I picked up.

Damn, that's good. Second one this weekend. Some HEB up by Lake Travis this weekend had it sitting on shelves so I had to grab a 4-pack.
maca1028
Damnit man!
army01
AG
quote:
Heading to Jellystone tomorrow for the week, what is everyone's favorite poolside beer?
Martin House Salty Lady or Stars Above.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Big fan of London Homesick...Ale?
SecoKid
AG
Nice! How is Hard Days Night?
Represent830
AG
Not for me, for a buddy in Houston in a few weeks. You know I don't like IPAs.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Represent830
AG
Oh boy... That'll be a sh*tshow
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Gonna make it 3 weeks in a row?
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
you mean it will be packed?
gigemJTH12
AG
I know this probably isnt most of you guys style...but I tried the Shiner Strawberry blonde this weekend. It was pretty nice for drinking around the pool.

Also had the Goliad brewing Watermelon Gose...it was pretty good. not the best I have had.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've had the Shiner Strawberry but, like most of the Strawberry beers I've had, it's just a bit too sweet. No Label seemed to be a good one that wasn't over the top sweet but it's been gone for a while.
gigemJTH12
AG
I honestly thought the sweetness wasnt too much. It was definitely less sweet that the Abita Strawberry.

I like both so I am probably not a great judge on sweetness.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Gonna make it 3 weeks in a row?
Sigh.............. looks like it.
Bmac04
AG
ISO Atrial if anyone ends up with any extras
Represent830
AG
Agree with Lucky. The Shiner was way too sweet and No Label was really good, I had one on Friday after being outside a while. Goliad was ok, haven't had anything of theirs I really like yet.

Check out Real Ale Gose. It's the perfect pool beer. The suggestion for Martin House Salty Lady is a great one too.
army01
AG
I've only been to Jester King a handful of times. I was down probably in January 2014 (the weekend La Vie was released to draft, not bottles) and they had bottles of Atrial for sale like 3 weekends in a row. When did the ****show start?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Shortly after that. We went a few times in the summer of 2014 and you could still get the fruited sours pretty easily a few weekends in a row. The next year, everything was out the first weekend every time and that's how it has been for those since then. I think the novelty is wearing off some of the other releases though. I do wish it wasn't so hard to get Funk Metal and RU-55 if you can't be in town that one weekend.
NColoradoAG
Gonna need some Atrial. FT Casey and Weldwerks
Represent830
AG
I'll see what I can do.
dave99ag
AG
AgEng06
AG
Damn, I'll be out of town this weekend.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Last night my wife and I stopped by my in-laws to drop a few things off. My mother in law offered me a beer, but none of the Karbach she had sounded interesting and I try to leave the Delirium's for her as they are her favorite.

I grabbed a random beer out of the back of the fridge that has been there forever. They had received a 6 pack of someone's homebrew as a party favor or something from their IT consultant. Nice packaging with a nice label. The beer has probably been in the fridge for a year or two. I had low expectations but it was probably the best beer I've had in the last several weeks.

My hat's off to you, Random Homebrewer who works for Ironedge Group.
La Fours
AG
So I'll be at La Cantera in San Antonio from Wednesday through Friday. I just informed my wife that we will be making a detour on the way home to stop by Jester King.
cc10106
boozey, dry, herbal, effervescent, funky, jammy, all that

JK nailed this one and made it worth every bit of time and effort spent on Memorial Day.

Nocturn '15 is aging wonderfully as well, like most of their beers seem to do nowadays.
Hudson2508
AG
Oooh, Banger's 4th anniversary tap list......

BSD
AG
My Dark Lord Hot Sauce review:

With the best of intentions, I went on eBay and bought a bottle of Dark Lord Hot Sauce to bring along to a tailgate bottle share this fall. My thoughts were to make brisket tacos or something for you guys. But yesterday it all went wrong...

We were getting ready to go to a birthday party and I noticed the bottle sitting next to the sink. I asked my wife why it was out and she said it was leaking. I found that to be odd, because it was still wax sealed and had never been opened. It had to be something else. So I took it over the the trash can and tore off the wax. It immediately popped its own top off and sprayed all over the trash, all over the kitchen, and all over me. So to you, my friends, I apologize, but this metal as *****hot sauce decided to give us the middle finger. Regular brisket tacos it is...

jetch17
jetch17
AG
so metal that it busted its OWN nut!

La Fours
AG
Here's my wife's exact response to the news of us going to Jester King.

quote:
<insert grumble here>
Jock 07
AG
Speaking of football, any ideas on which games?
Represent830
AG
Good question. We need to start preparing.
NColoradoAG
I'll be down for UCLA, Tennessee, NMSU, Ole Miss, and LSU.
jah003
S
I'll be at all the games, but can likely only make one share. You know... family and stuff...
dave99ag
AG
quote:
... and stuff...

Don't lie. It's the whalezbro@beer.com MeetUp and you don't want to share.
First Page Last Page
Page 970 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.