Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,809 Views | 62483 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by jah003
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone had any of the test beers from Eureka Heights in Houston?
Jock 07
AG
I plan on being out there Sunday with an outside chance of being there tomorrow evening
MathNewman06
AG
Going to a Jester King beer dinner tonight.

In addition to the pours with dinner, these others will be available that I haven't tried.
Which ones should I get? (I wish the answer could be *all of them,* but budget and 6 other pours won't allow that.)
Ol oi
Boxer's Revenge (I'm pretty set on trying BR- somehow I've never had it.)
Feral Dampf
Intersection of Species
The Parking Lot (Wicked Weed/Jester King collab)

For reference, the pours with dinner will be:
Figlet, Cloudfeeder, Snorkel, O&P
plus 2 additional "secret" pours

Scriffer
AG
Ol Oi is just about my favorite beer of theirs. I've had a bottle of Snorkel in the fridge for awhile, so I'm curious to hear what you think of it.
MathNewman06
AG
Just found out the two secret pours are Noble King green bottle vs. brown bottle.
Hudson2508
AG
I'd try Oi Oi and Boxers between those if you haven't had them. Both solid.
reesei10
quote:
There is one in Wolf Ranch in Georgetown near the Target off of University. Unless it has closed.
Yes it is still there, but I do not know if it carries Blue Owl. I was in Spec in Round Rock next to IKEA last weekend and it had all of the Blue Owl Lineup (Little Boss, Spirit Animal, and Professor Black).
jh0400
AG
quote:

Second this. IMO, Ol Oi and Boxers are 2a and 2b when it comes to best large format JK beers. In case you're wondering, La Vie en Rose is 1.
MathNewman06
AG
I think that's probably the way I'll go.
I was thinking about the others because they were one time collaborations, but I think I'll just go with the best beers. Decisions like that are probably why I havent had Ol Oi or boxers yet, so it's about time.
MathNewman06
AG
Triple post.
MathNewman06
AG
Triple post.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Agree with this suggestion.
AgEng06
AG
Picked up some more Professor Black at Lakeline HEB in Austin.
Hudson2508
AG
MvB was the last of the fruits for me to try and it definitely delivered on draft. The release was really smooth. Had my bottles before official open time and walked straight up and ordered a glass.

I would imagine tomorrow the line will dissipate pretty fast and you'd be able to walk right up after 1.

AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the update, that's what I plan to do. Now get back to that wife!
Hudson2508
AG
Haha, I was back by 445, she laughed at me when I walked in the door nervous.
maca1028
quote:
MvB was the last of the fruits for me to try and it definitely delivered on draft. The release was really smooth. Had my bottles before official open time and walked straight up and ordered a glass.

I would imagine tomorrow the line will dissipate pretty fast and you'd be able to walk right up after 1.

You must've been around the same spot in line as me.
Represent830
AG
Text me, bruh
Represent830
AG
Agree on Boxers and OO. I would put Foudre up there if we consider it "large format".
AgEng06
AG
Damn, I thought I did. PM me your number.
Jock 07
AG
So as im not a trader got a quick question for the more experienced traders. Assuming I can get a mule for a couple extra MVB on Sunday what kind of BBA stout would those pull in a trade. Also if I get there 1ish on Sunday I should still be good for bottles?
MathNewman06
AG
I went with the suggestions to try Ol' Oi and Boxers, both great.
...and, despite my wallet and liver, tried most of the rest anyway - shared bottles with a few other guys.

MathNewman06
AG
quote:
Ol Oi is just about my favorite beer of theirs. I've had a bottle of Snorkel in the fridge for awhile, so I'm curious to hear what you think of it.
Snorkel was alright. This was batch #4 and some of the others who had it before said this one was a little lighter on the flavors from the mushroom and smoked sea salt, but I definitely still got the smoked salt in it. I'm glad I tried it, but probably wouldn't feel a need to have it again.
NColoradoAG
quote:
So as im not a trader got a quick question for the more experienced traders. Assuming I can get a mule for a couple extra MVB on Sunday what kind of BBA stout would those pull in a trade. Also if I get there 1ish on Sunday I should still be good for bottles?

Black Note just dropped. You could probably get a couple of those. Others in that realm are probably Huna, Regal Rye, maybe a cycle weekday, bruery stuff like Mocha Wednesday or Grey Monday or Chocolate Rain.

Id personally send you a huna, regal, or bruery stout, but id probably try for the black note first.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Black Note just dropped. You could probably get a couple of those. Others in that realm are probably Huna, Regal Rye, maybe a cycle weekday, bruery stuff like Mocha Wednesday or Grey Monday or Chocolate Rain.

Id personally send you a huna, regal, or bruery stout, but id probably try for the black note first.
Sweet might have to take you up on that. How hard you reckon it might be to find the black note in a place like Omaha where there's bells distribution?
AgEng06
AG
Ahh yeah...

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sweet might have to take you up on that. How hard you reckon it might be to find the black note in a place like Omaha where there's bells distribution?

No idea if its going into distro or not. You should poke around in the great lakes forum on BA
Represent830
AG

So good. Finally got AgEng his RU55. Still doesn't make our atrial trade fair tho. Lol.
AgEng06
AG
Today's haul:

And thanks again Rep. Good to see you.
dave99ag
AG
Enjoying a PseudoSue for beer 1,000 on Untappd after taking my kiddo to see the St. Anthony falls in Minneapolis.
AgEng06
AG
Any of you guys had Goliad Watermelon Gose? Picked up some at HEB yesterday and it's not bad.
jh0400
AG
jh0400
AG
Thanks again Steve.

Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a sick haul!

Whalez:

My brother doesn't take the clearest pics.
jetch17
AG
Damn sons, whalezzzzzzz
First Page Last Page
Page 965 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.