Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,815 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by La Fours
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go put water in BSDs mama's dish

oops, pow, surprise!

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
maca1028
quote:
You're not paying enough attention. We've talked about AleSmith Speedway stout which is available pretty widely now, BBH and its variants are all over, and I'm drinking a Professor Black right now, a sour cherry stout.

Professor Black, is that the blue owl one?
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:
I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go put water in BSDs mama's dish

oops, pow, surprise!

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Post removed:
by user
AggieStout
AG
quote:
quote:
BBH just hit distribution around the state, load up.

This.

Where are you located Stout?
Austin/Round rock. Bought a couple at the store the other day.
AggieStout
AG
quote:
You're not paying enough attention. We've talked about AleSmith Speedway stout which is available pretty widely now, BBH and its variants are all over, and I'm drinking a Professor Black right now, a sour cherry stout.
The BBH variants that were talked about recently I am looking forward to. I guess that really is just the cherry one that will be coming out and the regular BBH.

Ill have to check out this professor black and speedway.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The Nightman Cometh

Pretty good DIPA. Very similar to Rodeo Clown.

Stout, you'll dig Speedway Stout if you like bittering malt. Love that beer.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes and hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggg it's so good

Grab a 4 pack Friday
maca1028
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes and hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggg it's so good

Grab a 4 pack Friday

I found some spirit animal at the HEB in Dripping Springs, no luck on PB. I'm going to try Bee Cave tomorrow.

I saw wicked weed was still on the to go menu at JK, yay or nay?
Jock 07
AG
Any idea where one might find the blue owl stuff in the Georgetown area?
Hudson2508
AG
I would try HEB first, they carry their beers but Prof Black may not have made it that far north. Specs would also be a good bet to have their beers.
cc10106

pig > pliney
jh0400
AG
Specs online inventory search is fairly accurate. I'd start there.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for the suggestions. Stopped by the HEB on the north side of Georgetown near the lake and wasn't throughly impressed with their selection. Looks like the closest SPECS is down in round rock
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had the full sampler last summer when I was at russian river and thought it was great. I brought home a case of pliny but wish I would have bought some pig too. I was out in LA last weekend and the bar we were planning on going to had both on tap. I think I was more excited about the pig than the pliny. Alas, everyone ws tired and we just stayed at the hotel for a few drinks and dinner.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
There is one in Wolf Ranch in Georgetown near the Target off of University. Unless it has closed.
La Fours
AG
quote:
This sounds terrible.

:large
I want that. Sounds delicious. But I'm weird and like pickle juice. So...
Jock 07
AG
quote:
There is one in Wolf Ranch in Georgetown near the Target off of University. Unless it has closed.
Yup just saw that I overlooked that one somehow. But when I looked up blue owl it said to call the store while the round rock location said it was available.
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
If you want to meet up at Petrol for lunch one day, I'll bring a bottle to share. I have one in the fridge at home and I'm not a big drinker.

just got back around to this thread. first off, thanks for the replies, all. I unfortunately can't make it out there because of work (I have the pleasure of working weekends), or I'd definitely be on my way right now.

and bsd, that's a very kick ass offer of you. I love petrol and don't get up there near as much as Id like, so one of these days I'd be down to grab a beer, regardless of the mvb. feel like I owe you at least a beer on me honestly since youve helped me out a couple times. Fridays contain generally the only day time hours I have to do things like that normally, so maybe one friday soon. thanks for the offer, whatever happens.

62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
This sounds terrible.

:large
I want that. Sounds delicious. But I'm weird and like pickle juice. So...
I had a cucumber berliner recently.. it was pickly.. gross.

I hate pickles.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Grocery store has 10+ bottles of Southern Tier Warlock that were bottled September 2015. Does this beer age well? I was thinking of offering $2 a piece to take them all.
maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/BHm74FBBSPO
La Fours
AG
Nice.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Oh hell yea. Get a pitcher?
dave99ag
AG
Made a quick trip across the border and am happy with my beer haul on this trip. Definitely give Historic Casanova Liquor if you're ever in Hudson, WI.

Scriffer
AG
Please wait while I assemble my list of demands.
dave99ag
AG
quote:

I'll hold on to some for you to try next time you're in town. This is my first to have New Glarus too.
jwag
AG
Every time my Gf's family comes into town from Wisconsin Raspberry Tarts are in tow. That's quite a haul.
maca1028
Nice haul Dave!
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

I'll hold on to some for you to try next time you're in town. This is my first to have New Glarus too.
You're good people.
Hudson2508
AG
So plans opened up..... I.e. the baby is late so I was able to run out real quick to JK. I'm in line with a white and green umbrella if anyone is out here come say hello. I'll grab a quick beer but then heading back.
Represent830
AG
How's the line?

Wish I could meet up with you and buy you a new baby beer but I'll be out tomorrow.
AgEng06
AG
Nicely done. If that baby is born while you're standing in line for a beer, well... at least you'll have a story to tell if your wife doesn't kill you.
maca1028
It's good.
https://instagr.am/p/BHnWea_BAug
Hudson2508
AG
She made me go, likes their fruits as well and is pissed our boy is taking too long. Plus doc was confident he won't be here until late next week.

I have been checking my phone frantically though.
First Page Last Page
Page 964 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.