Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,087 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by SoTxAg
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, just looked them up. Plenty of other options. I might drive across state lines in search of New Glarus too.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
Thanks guys, I'll probably go with Bee Cave, we are staying between Dripping Springs and Wimberley so that will probably be closest for me.
Staying the weekend and can't come Saturday for my birthday?

Man I wish, we are driving back Friday evening, I have to go to work Saturday morning.
dixie whiskey
AG
so how good is MvB? I've not been lucky enough to come by any if the jk fruit sours, but I'm hoping to change that soon. I just don't make it to Austin hardly ever and it seems like whenever someone I know is able to get over to the brewery, it's never a time when a fruit sour is releasing. I don't have a lot of trade currency, so if I was even to attempt trading, (not even sure I have the ammo to land one so this might be moot anyway), I'd want to make sure it was for the right beer. MvB sounds great, just not sure if I'd be better served holding out for something else to release. I've had ru55, boxers, and funk metal back when they saw distribution, I've had all the other beers that see shelves basically, bufords, foudreweizen, sour and og black metal, and so forth. so, texags, do I pursue MvB? doesn't look like I'd be able to land one with cash, but would be willing to pay over value. otherwise all I've got to offer is stuff like the bbh variants, maybe some bishops barrel, pirate noir, hephaestus, russian river damnation, chrysopolis, the non ba temptress variants, trigave, and a handful of other stuff that's not all that valuable/rare to someone in tx I'd imagine. do I even have a play here?
Hudson2508
AG
As someone currently trying to trade for an MvB, my advice to you is make a cannonball run to the brewery Saturday or Sunday morning. MvB is one of their highest rated sours and also one of there most sought after. To come across one in a pre-trade right now is silly. What I've seen it go for 1:1 so far is Cigar City Huna, Casey fruits and Oak Theory, and some Rare Barrel bottles. Also seen it go for 4 Tree House or Tired Hands IPAs. Nothing local that I've seen has been enough to get a bottle. Of course the people I'm trying to trade with are the beer nerds on Facebook who over value the **** out of JK fruits.

I'd make a trip if I were you, you'll enjoy the bottles and will be able to taste it on draft as well.
Represent830
AG
Why not? Just go over and grab your two bottles, save one for yourself, and maybe trade for another.

I'm going because not only do I really like MvB, but I love the area around there, the pizza is great, it is a nice place to just sit outside and hang out with friends and make an afternoon of it. If you have time, again, why not?
Represent830
AG
Oh and Happy Birthday Scriffer!
jh0400
AG
MvB is by far my favorite JK fruit. That being said, I'm not sure I'd spend $100+ on a bottle.
BSD
AG
If you want to meet up at Petrol for lunch one day, I'll bring a bottle to share. I have one in the fridge at home and I'm not a big drinker.
Scriffer
AG
Thanks Rep!
AgEng06
AG
Rep, I plan on being there Saturday around opening, but might be a little later. I assume you guys will be around for a while?

I'm hoping to wait until the initial release line goes down and then get some MvB. I have had a few friends have good luck with this method in the past.
Represent830
AG
There are 3, probably 4 of us that are going. My plan was to be there right at opening because I don't want to miss out on any, but I also don't want to wait in line. I think I might try your method and see how it goes. With the staggered release, I feel I have a better chance.

What time you thinking? 1?
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I was hoping to get there between noon and 1. Then I'll watch the line and see how it's going. With 2500 bottles, it should last quite a while and I would think the line will start dwindling after an hour or so.
Represent830
AG
Agree. Think I'll shoot for 1ish then.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Oh and Happy Birthday Scriffer!

Happy birthday Scriff.
AgEng06
AG
Cool. I've still got your cell phone number, so I'll text you when I get out there.
Represent830
AG
Actually, shoot me a text tomorrow night and even Saturday morning if you can so I don't forget your RU55.

I have a terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible memory.
La Fours
AG
Happy birthday Scriffer.
maca1028
Happy Birthday Scriffer
Scriffer
AG
Thanks everyone! May have to open something good tonight.
Scriffer
AG
Also, Noble Brewing is doing a Beer Box contest. Win 12 Beers for $1.

12 Beers for $1
AggieStout
AG
All you JK guys and your sours, when is it going to get cold again so the board will be dominated with porters and stouts.
jah003
S
quote:
All you JK guys and your sours, when is it going to get cold again so the board will be dominated with porters and stouts.
It's Texas... so... November...?
maca1028
quote:
quote:
It's Texas... so... November...?

What part of Texas are you talking about? We're lucky to get a week of cold weather in January.
AggieStout
AG
I guess i can look forward to September/October for all the pumpkin blends those are kinda dark.

im just sad because i have money, space and time now to buy a bunch of great beers (dark beers) and I rely on you guys to bring up great options but board has been dominated by sours. I guess ill have to try one now.
jh0400
AG
This sounds terrible.

:large
Chipotlemonger
AG
What have you had what recs do you need?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You never know I guess. A sour refermented with hay didn't sound that great and it turned out to be one of Jester King's better releases.
Hudson2508
AG
BBH just hit distribution around the state, load up.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
BBH just hit distribution around the state, load up.

This.

Where are you located Stout?
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Thanks everyone! May have to open something good tonight.

Happy birthday! I just poured a pint of fresh homebrewed saison in your honor!
Represent830
AG
You're not paying enough attention. We've talked about AleSmith Speedway stout which is available pretty widely now, BBH and its variants are all over, and I'm drinking a Professor Black right now, a sour cherry stout.
jetch17
AG
Most yo-yos in here should change their usernames to AggieWhalez
Represent830
AG
H8er
jetch17
AG
I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go put water in BSDs mama's dish
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm dog sitting at my MILs tonight and grabbed something new out of the fridge. I got excited/nervous when I saw it wasn't on untappd. But when I Googled the brewery I found it was some IT consulting group down the street. Probably someone's home brew.
First Page Last Page
Page 963 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.