Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,684 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by La Fours
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Place Pigale was our favorite place in Pike Place
The Russian Bakery, Piroshy Piroshy in Pike Place is awesome.
Woodinville is fun, but some of the wineries can be a little kitschy. Redhook is out that way. It can be a pain to navigate traffic to and from if you don't time it right, which we did not.
Represent830
AG
quote:
JK MvB release this weekend. They are going to stagger the release to try and cut down on lines and such...

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/2016-montmorency-vs-balaton-release

quote:
Friday, July 8th 1,000 bottles & four 50L kegs

Saturday, July 9th 2,500 bottles & six 50L kegs

Sunday, July 10th 1,000 bottles & two 50L kegs, plus any leftover bottles and/or draught

I'll be out there when it opens Saturday. This is my "birthday party" from my wife so if anyone shows up let's have a beer together.
Scriffer
AG
Speaking of JK...which we pretty much always are...how long before they have a Farmdog brew using this stuff?

maca1028
Damn, I'll be out there Friday when they open but have to head back to Houston after that.
Represent830
AG
That'll go for at least $500 on the secondary market
AgEng06
AG
That might be the excuse I need to meet you and get that RU-55.
Represent830
AG
Let me know so I can bring it or not.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Thanks for the recommendations. We aren't planning on renting a car so we are pretty much limited to the more central Seattle locations.
steve00
AG
It's not beer, but if you like great cocktails, you can Uber to Canon or Knee High Stocking Company from downtown. Call for a reservation at Knee High, as it is very small. Canon has an insane whiskey selection. They both make cocktails that I found worthy of researching and copying at home.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I have Canon on our list of "maybe". I am afraid I will lose my life savings if I walk in there. So many good choices.
jah003
S
quote:
JK MvB release this weekend. They are going to stagger the release to try and cut down on lines and such...

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/2016-montmorency-vs-balaton-release

quote:
Friday, July 8th 1,000 bottles & four 50L kegs

Saturday, July 9th 2,500 bottles & six 50L kegs

Sunday, July 10th 1,000 bottles & two 50L kegs, plus any leftover bottles and/or draught

Leaving for Pensacola on Friday... If anyone can #goandpickitupformebro I'll make it worth your while (likely in the form of Jai Alai).
SecoKid
AG
Take the Savour Seattle Market tour. Lots of fun with cool information about the history of Pike's place market. And samples at all the stops. I've done it on both my trips to Seattle. Can't give any beer recs, as that was before I got into craft beer. It's a great time of year to go!
Represent830
AG
I'll actually be there with lots of mulez (again, because my friends are going up there for my birthday... Before the godfather makes fun of me ). Should be three of us so I can probably get 6. Maybe 8. One is spoken for so I can grab a few more for anyone interested.

I would not want any Jai Alai, however.
NColoradoAG
Im in for a bottle of MvB. Plenty to trade.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'd be in for a bottle of MvB if you have any extra you wanna trade. Can hook you up next time you come through dfw if you'd like.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Matts on the Market was our favorite restaurant visit. It's in Pike's Place Market and has an outstanding view to pair with really great, simple seafood that's obviously extremely fresh. Tons of great coffee too if that's your thing. The Starbucks reserve roastery is a cool visit along with Milstead. Eat plenty of fresh oysters too. Man I miss Seattle.
maca1028
If I go I'll have an extra up for grabs.
Hudson2508
AG
So our first son is due Friday, if you or Rep come up with an extra I'll make it worth your while. MvB is the last fruit I haven't tried so would love a bottle.
Represent830
AG
Mmmmmmm... CMN
BSD
AG
quote:
If I go I'll have an extra up for grabs.

Oh???
Bmac04
AG
Would love a bottle of MvB if anyone has an extra, also have plenty to trade
jah003
S
Just let me know. I can send you paypal and throw in some beers or trade.
Represent830
AG
Get some sleep, bruh.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Get some sleep, bruh.
I think he works over night some times.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
Get some sleep, bruh.
I think he works over night some times.

I was at work but 2:30 is generally when I squeeze in a nap.
maca1028
Austin folks, who has the best beer selection on the Jester King side of town? Looking to get some blue owl stuff. I see it was on JK to go menu last week but figured it'd be a little cheaper at a store.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Austin folks, who has the best beer selection on the Jester King side of town? Looking to get some blue owl stuff. I see it was on JK to go menu last week but figured it'd be a little cheaper at a store.
Blue Owl is pretty readily available around here now. I'd just hit up the Westgate Central Market or one the larger HEBs
jh0400
AG
We usually stop at Brodie Lane Specs on our way to JK from Houston.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
We usually stop at Brodie Lane Specs on our way to JK from Houston.
If they have anything rare, it is at the customer service register (one closest to entrance)

Central Market is right by there as well; so you have two options if one fails ya
dave99ag
AG
In downtown Minneapolis this week. Plan to visit Surly. Anyone been to Fulton or other recommendations?
jah003
S
quote:

The Twin Liquors Galleria in Bee Caves... Seriously. Nobody buys beer there, everything just sits. Too many house wives buying Wine and Vodka.
maca1028
Thanks guys, I'll probably go with Bee Cave, we are staying between Dripping Springs and Wimberley so that will probably be closest for me.
La Fours
AG
quote:
In downtown Minneapolis this week. Plan to visit Surly. Anyone been to Fulton or other recommendations?
Town Hall Brewing. See if they have any of their BA Barleywine. It's amazing. Had a dude send me a growler of it after winning a BIF on TalkBeer a couple years ago.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Thanks guys, I'll probably go with Bee Cave, we are staying between Dripping Springs and Wimberley so that will probably be closest for me.
Staying the weekend and can't come Saturday for my birthday?

La Fours
AG
Looks like they only release the BA stuff in February.
First Page Last Page
Page 962 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.