Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,171 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I drank about 1/4, then made my wife try it, then poured it. Looking back, I should have saved some to clean a wound someday.

It got a LITTLE better (i use that loosely) as it opened up, but I'm still left with a taste in my mouth like I've been chewing on a dry erase marker.

Maybe I drank it all cuz I've had a couple Deviants and not an F was being given. The 11% beez kickin
BSD
AG
La Fin Du Monde is a great beer. Enjoy!
jetch17
AG
And the B Please will be the cause of a monster grogan in the a.m. on its own
defroach
Marooned - if you make it up to Austin (or I am guessing some stores in Houston), look for Adelbert's or South Austin. Both focus solely on Belgian style beer and sell in bombers.
defroach
Tonight...staying at the parents house in NB for a change. Got the usual selection of some form of Sam Adams...today it was the east-west kolsch. No real surprise that it was not worth remembering. I really need to get my Dad to start buying more local things and venturing off Sam Adams...but, it is better than his past of Fosters and Amstel. I usually buy a random Austin 6 pack to leave down here so he can try them...but didn't this time.
htc0008
AG
Dark Horse - Marshall, MI
Arcadia - Battle Creek, MI
Bell's Beer - Kalamazoo, MI
Short's - Bellaire, MI
army01
AG
*****, please!
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
I finished it, but don't know that I'll be drinking another. Tasted like a tire fire

Had the cask Brewdog paradox smokehead at hay merchant a couple of weeks ago. Tire fire is a good description for it too....tasted like campfire with a side of tire fire. Fortunately it comes in a snifter. There is no way I could have had more than that.
cpscAG06
AG
Got my hands on a few bottles of Avery's Uncle Jacob's stout the other day.

cpscAG06
AG
These are my submissions for this weeks Beer Summit at work.

Dogfish Head's Chateau Jiahu-

Rogue Voodoo Maple Bacon Donut-
jetch17
AG
Prepare to piss off your coworkers with the Voodoo
cpscAG06
AG
I know I already tried a bottle with my wife last week. It is pretty bad. I brought the Chateau Jiahu as my actually submission and the Voodoo as a "Don't waste your money and let's all sample it" type of entry
jetch17
AG
Voodoo is fine as a novelty but definitely needs to be split several ways
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Voodoo is horrible. We had a hard time finding enough people to finish the bottle - and that was at a bar during a cask event!!

Don't waste your money on a full bottle!
Marooned_n_Aggieland
I've grown to really appreciate Avery. That stout will be on my list if I can find it. Their tripel and quad are quite good for the price (although for just a buck or so more get the La Fin du Monde)!
Marooned_n_Aggieland
quote:
tasted like campfire with a side of tire fire

Smoked beers just DO NOT work for me. How many on this list truly enjoy smoked beers? Now I have had Stone Smoked Porter and it decent but nearly every thing else is a waste of my money.

The Shiner Smokehouse was horrible, the Ranger Creek stuff was better but still not "bottle worthy".
Marooned_n_Aggieland
defroach, the HEB here carries them and I have tried and reviewed one Adelbert brew.

http://untappd.com/user/BottleCapAg/checkin/9457227

jh0400
AG
I actually liked Shiner Smokehaus. I only had it a couple of times, but it wasn't bad. It was a nice twist on 99.
jetch17
AG
The Karbach Pontificator smoked dopplebock was a decent one that didn't overdo it.
AggieOO
i like addelberts. not had south austin yet b/c their 750s are about $3 more than addelberts.
gordo97
AG
Had the cask Brewdog paradox smokehead at hay merchant a couple of weeks ago. Tire fire is a good description for it too....tasted like campfire with a side of tire fire.

i bought a 12oz bottle of that crap a few years ago at specs..... one of the worst things i have ever tried in my life..... and the bottle was like $9
defroach
I have never bought a brewdog because of their prices...but the ones that I have had have never been anything to remember. Just my thoughts on them...
jetch17
AG
for BSD, Framboise For a Cure underway:

BSD
AG
Boner! Boner! Boner!
defroach
defroach
I think I will be showing up more in this thread now...I sort of like it after never coming to this forum...
Marooned_n_Aggieland
quote:
I have never bought a brewdog because of their prices..

I have had exactly one - Brewdog Tokoyo and thought it was OUTSTANDING!

BrewDog BrewSheet

ABV:
18.2%
OG:
IBU’s:
Malts:
Marris Otter, Dark Crystal, Caramalt, Chocolate Malt, Roast Barley
Hops:
Galena
Twist:
Brewed with Jasmine and Cranberries. Dry-Hopped then aged on oak chips.
gordo97
AG
i like brewdog dogma ale.... not too expensive
BSD
AG
I'll drink the Brewdog Hardcore IPA from time to time.  The Tokyo was good but I'm waiting to get my hands on the Tactical Nuclear Penguin!
Green Fairy
AG
Had a successful beer run today:

Ruination 10 yr Anniv.
Deschutes Hop in the Dark
Lagunitas Anniv. Alt
Ranger Creek single batch #1
and a single of Deschutes Twilight

Drinking a Walloon now with the ruination 10 chilling.
jetch17
AG
Wallooning, as well

spadilly
S
I had a bottle of Bacon Voodo last week. Terrible. And I still owe BSD for a bottle he got me. Seriously. Let me pay you already.

Starting my weekend off with a few bottle of Spaten Oktoberfest (still my favorite go-to beer).

Picked up 2 bottles of Ranger Creek Small Batch Series #1 this afternoon. Going to try one this weekend and age the other for 6 months or so. Both bottles hand written with a date of 4.9.12.
jetch17
AG
They had a sh*t-ton of kill devil at bunker HEB

defroach
Tonight, I had 1 coney Barrel Blockhead
2 - Deep Ellum IPAs
1 - Guadalupe Belgium Saison (believe that is what they called it).

My love fest with Deep Ellum continues. As much as I don't like DFW, I damn well will be at their brewery one Saturday
gordo97
AG
Found Kill Devil at my HEB..... Looking forward to trying it
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.