Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,823 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by swampstander
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drop $500 on one of the beer resale sites or find a collection of beer as rare as this bottle.
jetch17
AG
Kicking off the weekend with some P*ssy Wagon

Post removed:
by user
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Drop $500 on one of the beer resale sites or find a collection of beer as rare as this bottle.
Wait...really?

This makes me want to run out and buy a $30 Cascade on general principle. I will explain this to my wife by analogizing it to how much money she claims to have saved when she spends $250 at Hobby Lobby because it was all 30% off.
Hudson2508
AG
http://beerblackbook.com/beerprofile.php?link=96&var=355

A little less than $500. That site is pretty cool to gauge rarity/hype of a beer.
62strat
AG
quote:

A little less than $500. That site is pretty cool to gauge rarity/hype of a beer.
This is amazing to me.. because I know damn good and well, if that brewery slapped a price of $400 on that beer in the brewpub.. people would raise f-in hell.

There is no good reason why that secondary market money shouldn't be going to the brewery.. instead it's going to some no body.

62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gettin juicy tonight... Good stuff!

Is weldwerks having quality control issues? I'm in a FB beer group, and these 3 pics are within the last week.

I addressed the haze in an earlier post. Neil has also posted in all those facebook posts on CLTCB. Basically we're on our 5th batch and the yeast we have been propagating each batch has come from the bottom of the tank, so the more flocculating yeast. Thus it is not as hazy as previous batches. The beer is exactly the same in taste and aroma, different in mouthfeel and appearance. We pitched new fresh yeast for the new batch and are trying to figure out how to top crop the yeast to avoid fluctuations in appearance in future batches.
Ahh I must have missed your post.. so yeast alone can have that big of an effect on color? Or is just haze/clarity playing tricks on our eyes and making them look different colors? I would swear those darker ones had a different malt bill... But I have zero experience with propagating yeasts and its affect on color.

Edit.. oh I see Neil's reply on one of those (the crowler) saying it doesn't look right.. he's guessing oxidation from crowler is what caused the color change.
I think this a good conversation because I can learn something here about brewing. I have always thought that oxidation will not change color but create off-flavors (I think cardboard and bubble gum are two). I also thought that yeast in fresh beer make the beer cloudy and do not change color. If I am right, then color changes should be from Malt build and caramelization from the boil. Agree, Disagree?
I would agree too, with what limited knowledge I have. Only homebrewed for about 3- 4years, and it was a while back. I still brew with my uncle from time to time; he's done it for 20 years and is very heavily involved in the science of it, maybe I'll bring it up and see what he thinks.
Bmac04
AG
quote:

Basically this. I traded for these but everyone that has a bottle knows exactly how much it's worth and isn't letting them go for anything less.
Post removed:
by user
steve00
AG
Thanks a lot for the link.

It led me to MyBeerCollectibles.com and now my wallet hates you. I suppose it will hate you less when all the hard to get beers I ordered start arriving.
Hudson2508
AG
That's amazing....I've somehow resisted the urge to buy anything on that site yet.
steve00
AG
It was just so easy to buy Heady Topper, Maine Dinner, Pliny, Toronado25 and some others. I think my credit card got frozen for too many charges to PayPal within 20 minutes.
jetch17
AG
Haha, that site could be dangerous to scratch some craving itches, but 3 bottles of fresh Pliny for $65, holy balls I think I can wait. Plus 6/27 bottle dates, they're already drain pourable
maca1028
I was just telling my wife how broke we were! How am I going to justify this?!
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

This is amazing to me.. because I know damn good and well, if that brewery slapped a price of $400 on that beer in the brewpub.. people would raise f-in hell.

There is no good reason why that secondary market money shouldn't be going to the brewery.. instead it's going to some no body.

People would raise hell, but its only because beer nerds are stupid and have an antiquated ideal that "beer is for the common man" and should be cheap.

And after everyone was done *****ing Toppling Goliath would still sell out of every $450 bottle the day it went on sale.
jetch17
AG
Sweet sh*t, pappy BA dark lord is $899
Bmac04
AG
quote:

Still regret opening this one last year and not selling it
fav13andac1)c
AG
Homebrewed Hefeweizen "Head"shot

steve00
AG
Haven't had one of these in a while, but couldn't resist the novelty of the can. Probably should have shot gunned it.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Ranger Creek Dry-Hopped Berliner Weisse hits the spot on a hot Friday afternoon.
Represent830
AG
Mmmm... Toppling Goliath Mornin' Delight for a sweet $1,500!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
And that boys and girls is why I can't play in this league
Represent830
AG
Represent830
AG
Samsies
NColoradoAG
If Bmac keeps posting Assassin hauls its going to be pretty easy to shame him into bringing one to a football game.
steve00
AG

I didn't love the Trigave. The base flavor was good, but the tequila finish didn't do it for me.

On to some Devil Dancer.
Hudson2508
AG
Liking this Almanac Saison de Brettville. Wish Almanac distributed to Texas, great affordable sours.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
So can you honestly taste the difference in stuff in pappy and other exotic barrels? I've never had the pleasure to drink the truly high end stuff and have always wondered what it's like to drink with the big dawgs
AgEng06
AG
Deschutes Hop Slice after working in the yard all afternoon. Hits the spot.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Haven't had one of these in a while, but couldn't resist the novelty of the can. Probably should have shot gunned it.

Can you actually taste the barrel from the can? Cause I sure as hell couldn't tell that the stuff in the bottle had sat in a barrel
steve00
AG
This was just regular AB. I dont think it is barrel aged.

If you want in your face barrel flavor, get Southern Charred or Double ******* in the Rye. The rest of Stone's barrel aged *******s aren't as strong.
docaggie
AG
Personally, I think I'll just buy a new TV with that money.

I went on a couple of those websites, noticed that Jester King Atrial Rubicite sells for about a hundred a bottle.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
steve00
AG
quote:
Liking this Almanac Saison de Brettville. Wish Almanac distributed to Texas, great affordable sours.

I dabble in Almanac distribution to TX.
jh0400
AG
Anything in particular you'd like to have from TX on a regular basis? I love Almanac sours.
Jason_Ag98
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 959 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.