Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,874 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by SoTxAg
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Karbach is king.

I've enjoyed the samplings of the others, but will need to keep trying as the smaller guys expand production and put some more brews out on tap at bars.

I like what buffalo bayou is doing so far, and BSD and I hit the City Acre event last month that had several tasty brews.

I'm still not a huge No Label guy, but happy to see them succeeding.

3 bigger boys:

Karbach
Southern Star
Saint A

City Acre
Buffalo Bayou
No Label
8th Wonder (yet to try)
army01
AG
Tonight's beverage:

jh0400
AG
quote:
I'm still not a huge No Label guy,

I don't mind Pale Horse and El Hefe, but their jalapeno ale might be the worst thing I've ever tried.

I wish Buffalo Bayou was able to can/bottle, because 1836 is my cheap go-to when it's on tap.
62strat
AG
Man I'm lovin denver Just got done with dinner at bar Louie on southglenn. $5 burgers and $3 drafts. Had a Odell's 5 barrel pale, stone Cali-Belgium ipa, and a tommy knocker black ipa. All of $14
I totally brought that Texas heat with me it seems. 100 degree temps last few days. Totally doesn't feel like what I'm used to though. Been sittin outside at night, feels great.
BSD
AG
Strat, if you are driving back and load up with a few cases of goods for me, I'll put you on my Christmas card list!
Max06
AG
I'm sipping on my second Ten Pin Porter. Lovin' it.
army01
AG
I'm getting down to the dregs...other than 2 special bottles. The wife was not happy to find my 4 cases of beer that Iagave packed to put in the apartment. She seemed to think it would be acceptable to put in storage for the next 6 months....

713nervy
AG

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 6/26/2012 11:44p).]
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Had some Rahr, Avery and Independance. I see Arizona in my future. Anything special I should look for?
army01
AG
Why the edit, nervy? I just finished a regular Yeti, but photobucket is down, so I can't post...

[This message has been edited by Army01 (edited 6/26/2012 11:49p).]
jah003
S
http://realalebrewing.com/news/64-save-the-date

Think I'll be going... Anyone else planning on attending?
62strat
AG
Bsd, I did drive here actually. But, it was one way, I'm now a Coloradan So long to 22 years in Texas.
jetch17
AG
looks like Karbach is up to no good today. or perhaps good by the looks of it.

ORAggieFan
Anyone had the new Widmer Rotator IPA? Good stuff, the X-114 IPA but added grapefruit peel to the boil.

http://widmerbrothers.com/beer/#rotator-ipa-shaddock-ipa
spadilly
S
quote:
Spadilly, you try that DFH Festina Pecha?

sorry. just made my way back around to this thread.

Disclamer: Sours are in no way my type of a beer.

That being said, I tried one, drank another, and then gave the other 2 away knowing I wouldn't touch them again. It was just a little too tart and sour for me. The peach flavor actually tasted like it wasn't yet ripe. I may try this one again down the road sometime, but it's not anything I'll pay for in the near future.
I love most of what DFH puts out, and I respect them for trying different things. This one just missed the mark for me.

If you love sours, you'll really enjoy it.
spadilly
S
Now Saturday night, on the other hand, was a complete success.

Had some bombers I wanted to drink, so me and a buddy took down the following:

-Deschutes Black Butte 23
-Great Divide 18th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA
-Widmer Brothers Barrel Aged Brrrbon 2011
-Deschutes The Stoic
-St A Homefront
helgs
AG
Thanks, spadilly. Glad I didn't wast my $12.99/6.
BSD
AG
quote:
Bsd, I did drive here actually. But, it was one way, I'm now a Coloradan So long to 22 years in Texas.

I'll be damned. I knew you were going up there for a while but didn't realize it would be THAT long! Enjoy it!!
62strat
AG
At paramount cafe in Downtown Denver. Had a nitro boulder mojo ipa, and now an Avery karma. Happy hour, only $2! I have a feeling I may gain some weight here! Every single place I go in has awesome beers.
62strat
AG
little bomber run from lucas liquors by the house. They have a walk in section, the 'bomb shelter', probably 200 different bombers in there.

Wife is a hardcore early 90s PJ fan. we saw PJ 20 at river oaks theater when it came out, and I remember hearing about this beer. Problem now is, I wanna drink it, wife wants to keep it Guess I'll have to see if they'll get another one in, this was the last one.

Green Fairy
AG
Any of you turds get an invite to the next City Acre event? My otherwise crappy week got a little better after mine came today.
jetch17
AG
i didnt even register for this one, but got an invite... i guess they just sent some to people that attended the last one.

you gonna go? im debating whether free beer is worth sweating my balls off and getting bit by bugs to watch 'Rushmore' on a houston summer night.
aggiespartan
AG
Relaxing with a Rainier right now.

Oregon Brewer's Festival is in a month...counting down.
BSD
AG
quote:
you gonna go? im debating whether free beer is worth sweating my balls off and getting bit by bugs to watch 'Rushmore' on a houston summer night.

Precisely why I didn't sign up. I'll wait til they open the brewpub (or cooler temps)
Jock 07
AG
Ol ranier, the pearl of of the northwest
jh0400
AG
I found these guys hiding in the singles bin at the Buffalo Speedway HEB.

62strat
AG
man i love some dechutes, I got a mailer for the liquor store by me, dechutes is beer of the month, all 6 packs are only $5.99. Guess i need to get in there!
Mustang1
AG
And what store would that be sir?
jh0400
AG
nm

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 6/28/2012 12:54p).]
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
i didnt even register for this one, but got an invite... i guess they just sent some to people that attended the last one.

Yeah I think I'm going to go. The event itself isn't too appealing but I do want to try some of their brews and see their set up before they open to the public. I may see if Agmechanic wants to be my ambiguously gay man date.
62strat
AG
Mustang, it's Lucas liquors, south Denver.
La Fours
AG
62strat, if they have Collage and are selling it for that price a 6 pack load up. I'll buy a couple six packs off you.
aggiespartan
AG
quote:
if they have Collage and are selling it for that price a 6 pack

I don't think they are even selling 6 packs of it in Oregon. Just singles as far as I've seen.
La Fours
AG
I was wondering about that. Makes sense though.
army01
AG
2012 Stone Imperial Russian tonight. Very nice.

First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.