Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,011 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by SoTxAg
Marooned_n_Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IT's BEER review catchup time!

A friend brought back a few Y-ling brews from the east coast. So far this is the only one I've sampled.

This beer surprised me. First, if you are a real porter lover you will likely NOT like this beer. It really doesn't have some of the usual properties of a popular porter. As a porter I would not recommend it. It's not that roasty or deep. As a beer, it's not that bad. To me it seems like this brew could be rebranded / classified to possibly find a better audience.
713nervy
AG
quote:
Hey group, are many of you using one of the "drink social" applications to post what you are drinking, opinions, pics, etc?

I've been playing with Untappd and have used ratebeer before. Anyone else here using these or others?

I use Untappd, username is Jayci Gia.
jetch17
AG
I'll have to checkout untappd
jetch17
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by Jetch17 (edited 6/12/2012 7:52p).]
jetch17
AG
Dogfishin' tonight with the 75 min ... bottle conditioned poured heady as sh*t, but came down after a few.

Strong like the other DFH IPAs, a hint of sweetness with the syrup, but not overdone. A tasty brew.

jetch17
AG
sweet grainy pic too, i like to think im being hipster like instagram, when really its just a sh*tty cell cam
NColoradoAG
Jetch, whats the date on that bottle? Wondering if a new batch is incoming.
jetch17
AG
ill check in a few when i pour the second glass
NColoradoAG
I really like 75 minute. Probably my fave DFH. Palo Santo kicks ass too.
jetch17
AG
of all marks on the bottle, the bottled stamp is mostly rubbed off. Ive had it a couple of months from when they hit the shelves here in Houston
Jock 07
AG
I drank some 90 min the other night and was underwhelmed, it seems as though the quality has dropped off. Maybe my tastes have just devolved since I had my last one over a year ago. Still love me some burton baton however
army01
AG
Found the wife watching "Sister Wives" tonight, so broke out the Polygamy Porter and watched half an episode with her.
cpscAG06
AG
Jock, funny you say that about the 90 min. I had it last night, for the first time since about a year ago, and thought it was much better than i remembered (and i really enjoyed it last time).
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Untappd --> BottleCapAg
La Fours
AG
Untappd - la_fours
La Fours
AG
713 - I just figured out who you were. I guess I didn't realize you changed your name on TexAgs. I'm smrt.
713nervy
AG
quote:
713 - I just figured out who you were. I guess I didn't realize you changed your name on TexAgs. I'm smrt.

WHAAAAAT!?! I guess that means I'm keeping it mostly under wraps then. And for the record, it was not MY choice and this is a NEW username.
La Fours
AG
I should have figured it out when you called everyone bonerfaces a few pages back asking about Untappd.
713nervy
AG
txaggie05
AG
Finally got on Untappd -> TxAggie05
army01
AG
quote:
Hey group, are many of you using one of the "drink social" applications to post what you are drinking, opinions, pics, etc?

I've been playing with Untappd and have used ratebeer before. Anyone else here using these or others?

I thought that is what we had been doing for the last 87 pages, no?
BSD
AG
Exactly!
jetch17
AG
Yeah F apps, and I've been calling it 'social beverage time' for years.... Apps tryin to get all up in my 'social' and sh*t
NColoradoAG
Drinking the new Lost Abbey/New Belgium collaboration Brett Beer. It's alright. Fans of super funky, barnyard aroma Belgians will like. I like a bit more tart or sourness, or some more aggressive hopping in the funky beers.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 6/13/2012 9:28p).]
jetch17
713nervy
AG
Lips of Faith Tart Lychee gets and underwhelming "meh" from this corner. It's decent, wouldn't pour it out, but wouldn't order it twice.
NColoradoAG
I enjoy tart lychee, and at $8, it hits the spot when I want something a little sour.

Le Terrior is still my favorite. I think I used five of my tickets at the Avery Sour Fest a few weeks ago on Le Terrior. That was at least a bombers worth.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Had DFH Festina Peche on draft today. Great beer. is this technically a sour?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Also... Just joined untappd: mbole
NColoradoAG
It's basically a Berliner Weisse. So yes, I'd put it in the realm of sours. Very nice summer brew.
army01
AG
Avery Salvation tonight...

...and army01 on untappd
jetch17
AG
Houston Folk: Bunker HEB has 15% off all Craft and Import Specialty Beer Bombers (22oz or larger) thru next Tuesday

rhoswen
AG
Just FYI.... Twin Liquors is having a "Wine 101" class on beer in the month of July, 2nd and 4th Wednesday in College Station. Other towns have them too, check out the website. I think I'm going to the one on the 11th.

http://www.twinliquors.com/event/wine-101-beer-free-college-station
BSD
AG
quote:
Houston Folk: Bunker HEB has 15% off all Craft and Import Specialty Beer Bombers (22oz or larger) thru next Tuesday

Uh oh!!!
jh0400
AG
quote:

Hopefully Buffalo Speedway is doing the same.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.