Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,038 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by La Fours
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the most part, yeah. Spent 3 years going to mr g's , lone star and recently specs...now back in FW. Hall's is the only decent store in tarrant county. Nothing on the west side
duck79
AG
Yea Halls does and will continue to be a store with a good selection but there aren't very many more in Ft Worth. Mr Gs has always had a good selection and now that it is owned by Specs that won't change. Believe me, if we could get enough product to place releases more places we would but breweries just don't produce enough.
jh0400
AG
Homefront was meh. Right now I'm working on a Collaboration not Litigation. I also bought another plus an Avery Salvation so that I can do a side-by-side-by-side once I can get my hands on an RRBC Salvation.
62strat
AG
wife has been on a chocolate stout kick, so picked up a couple varieties of that, and I got avery belgian pale ale.
Still drinking breckenridge lucky u ipa from last night though, in a can.

and the gulden draak quad for sometime in the next couple days..
oh and wine and cheese too

Quite a little haul from specs for sure.

jetch17
AG
Lychee'n it up on the patio on a nice evening with a little Chris Cornell on the speakers.

May get into the other stuff I've been hoarding later
BSD
AG
quote:
Homefront was meh. Right now I'm working on a Collaboration not Litigation. I also bought another plus an Avery Salvation so that I can do a side-by-side-by-side once I can get my hands on an RRBC Salvation.

Have all 3 at home. Looking for an excuse...
BSD
AG
quote:
May get into the other stuff I've been hoarding later

I double dog dare you.
jh0400
AG

[This message has been edited by Jh0400 (edited 6/9/2012 8:47p).]
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Username at gmail and I'll join you.
jetch17
AG
and i, as well
Marooned_n_Aggieland
I've been away from this thread for a few weeks. Good to see everyone is still enjoying a big variety of brews! At this end I'm currently finishing off a Real Ale Devil's Backbone which has become my favorite Real Ale offering right alongside their Coffee Porter.

strat, add a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout to the wife's group. It is worthy and fairly easy to find.

Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER TIME!

The BBQ pit was fired up this evening and I needed something to cool me off while doing my duties alongside the pit. HEB was running a sale on Summer Pils singles and I took one. It was $1.40 so maybe a little cheaper.

OK, so this is a Pils and pilsners are nothing but a session beer in my opinion. I drank it - it tasted pretty much like all the other pilsners out there. Not bad, but nothing to make it stand out. I would not have picked it up if it was not discounted.

I suppose there is a following for the Pilsner style but I'm just not one of them. Maybe the upcoming Rahr Imperial Pilsner will change my mind. We'll see, last years normal batch did not.
jetch17
AG
did it come with a free glass?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Ha!, not this time. I got that at a St. Arnold's event at a long establishment a couple years ago. I have shaker pints with graphics for several of their regular beers all from brewery promotion events. Shaker pints don't really do it for me, I like more distinctive glassware.
jetch17
Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BREWPUB TIME!

A recent adventure took me through Padre Island Brewing Company down at the far south tip of this great state. Of course I order up a sampler.

Currently serving (left to right / top to bottom):
Cinco de Mai Bock
Padre Island Pale Ale
South Padre Island Blonde
Tidal Wave Wheat
Speckled Trout Stout

They were all drinkable, enjoyable beers but the Cinco de Mai Bock was by far the stand out for me. It was higher in alcohol, maybe 8% or so and a great taste. This is the best maibock I have tasted this season. Honestly, I did not expect the maibock to be the winner of the group.

Inspector Spacetime
AG

The smoke beer is delicious and just as its name suggests. Wish I had it earlier when I was eating some giant pork ribs
BSD
AG
Being open minded, I tried a Yuengling Traditional Lager tonight for the first time tonight. Not my style. But the Scotch flowed like wine so I'm good.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Username at gmail and I'll join you.

We'll talk soon. I'll look when I get back to Houston but I think I only have one RRBC left so this would be a nice way to send it off in style.
EFE
AG
I had some of this last week, was quite nice
Jock 07
AG

Sierra Nevada hoptimum dipa I brought back from Minneapolis over the memorial day weekend. Huge bittering hops on this one. I enjoyed it. Says it's a whole cone beer. I'm assuming most breweries use hop pellets in their beers. Pretty big beer @ 10.4% and I can report back that Texas is in fact not the only state with backward ass liquor laws. I learned that in Minnesota a liquor store can only operate one location in each incorporated city. But at least you can get whiskey drinks on the main level @ target field.
hbc07
AG
Wrapping up a big weekend of drinking (and touring OR) with my former roommate who came up involving:

10 Barrel Brewing - Precursor
Jester King - Black Metal
Lagunitas - Wilco Tango Foxtrot
Widmer - Oatmeal Porter
Various from Rogue
Tasters from Deschutes and Full Sail

Enjoying the peace and quiet tonight with:
army01
AG
I only drink on school nights....

cpscAG06
AG
had Real Ale Volume XV (barrel aged Imperial Russian Stout). Also, had cask of (512) pecan porter with Hondorian Vanilla beans and Cocaca nibs. delicious @ common table in dallas
helgs
AG
quote:
I only drink on school nights....

...and in the garage, apparently.
spadilly
S
reply #3000!

Marooned_n_Aggieland
Hey army, how was the Brother? I want to get it on tap in McAllen but when they went to pull my glass of brew the keg was empty.
jh0400
AG
Has anyone seen Ska Mexican Logger in the Tine? I'm doing fajitas in a couple of weeks, and it sounds like something that would be nice to have. According to FB BRC has it in cans, so it should be available in retail somewhere.

army01
AG
quote:
...and in the garage, apparently.

This was discussed on previous pages...poured and photo taken in the garage, enjoyed in the comforts of the house.

quote:
how was the Brother?
Choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking up a bottle.

La Fours
AG

I like it. I will probably finish of my last one or two from the six pack tonight.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
quote:

quote:how was the Brother?

Choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking up a bottle.

Now I'm really sorry that the tap ran out on my pour! Oh well ... the glass got filled with Ommegang's The Art of Darkness from another tap so there's a win in there somewhere.
jah003
S
As usual... too lazy to take my own pics, but having a few of these tonight:

Might continue the north coast theme and have an old rasputin later tonight if the mood strikes me...
Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER TIME!!

This one is interesting. All the nose and front end taste of a hop head IPA but without all the bitterness. Very drinkable. I keep thinking the bitter is just around the corner. Nice change of pace. I've had the Rahr Alt beer but this is nothing like that.

Enjoy Great brews!
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Hey group, are many of you using one of the "drink social" applications to post what you are drinking, opinions, pics, etc?

I've been playing with Untappd and have used ratebeer before. Anyone else here using these or others?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
jah, if you like North Coast give their Pranqster a try. Good stuff!
First Page Last Page
Page 86 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.