Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,465 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wow. This thread.

Okay to get it somewhat on track, my brother said he's gonna head out to Jester King this weekend and offered to grab me an RU55. Asked me what time he should go so that the line is shorter and not crazy pre-open levels. I told him I thought that lines on Saturday die down a little once they clear through the pre-open waiters. Is that true?

I seem to remember a couple people saying it's easier to walk up a few hours after opening.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Seriously... If anyone needs some RU55, shoot me an email at jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com or text me if you have my number. Planning to head out there Friday afternoon with my wife.

Planning on grabbing at least six bottles for myself, but I can certainly #goandpickituoformebro.
How long you willing to sit on it? Would love to get my hands on a bottle just don't know the next time I'm gonna be down there.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Wow. This thread.

Okay to get it somewhat on track, my brother said he's gonna head out to Jester King this weekend and offered to grab me an RU55. Asked me what time he should go so that the line is shorter and not crazy pre-open levels. I told him I thought that lines on Saturday die down a little once they clear through the pre-open waiters. Is that true?

I seem to remember a couple people saying it's easier to walk up a few hours after opening.
Will it be that bad for RU55? The C5 released seemed to be one of the craziest I have seen outside of Atrial. Not sure how bad it'll be.

Thing is, he won't have to wait long. They finally changed it to where the special release gets its own line instead of the bottles to go line. Now you don't have someone up there getting the release, a t shirt, a coffee cup, 6 bottles of something else, calling their girlfriend over to ask her what size shirt she wears, etc. You just walk up, here's your special release, go.

Much better.
jah003
S
I doubt RU55 release will be that bad... Especially since Colour Five is gone. I don't even think they'll have a separate line for RU. I've been wrong before though... never underestimate a neckbeard.

Best time to get bottles is late Friday, Saturday afternoon or pretty much anytime Sunday.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll report back on Friday and let you know.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
Seriously... If anyone needs some RU55, shoot me an email at jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com or text me if you have my number. Planning to head out there Friday afternoon with my wife.

Planning on grabbing at least six bottles for myself, but I can certainly #goandpickituoformebro.
How long you willing to sit on it? Would love to get my hands on a bottle just don't know the next time I'm gonna be down there.

As long as you need... Shoot me an email when you get a chance.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Tried Jester King Simple Means tonight. Pretty solid.
Hudson2508
AG
Lines for the non-fruited sours are typically not bad at all. If you show up mid day Saturday or after opening Friday you'll be fine. I seriously doubt it will be crazy this weekend. I agree that they will probably sell RU from the bottles to go line instead of having a special release line.

I say that but after looking at this thread it looks like all us Aggies will be buying up the RU by ourselves by Friday.
Jock 07
AG
Email sent, preciatecha.
Represent830
AG
So... we all meeting up?
army01
AG
quote:
Fredericksburg with the misses? Have a good weekend. Woman go crazy for that place.

Agreed. Last time I took the rib there, I got laid both nights. Nine months later, I was a dad.

So...pack some slickers.
62strat
AG
quote:
Wasn't kilt lifter part of one of the first big cease and desist cases in beer marketing?
from who and to who?

Pikes on Seattle has a Scottish ale called kilt lifter.
Kyle98
AG
Wish I could get to Austin this weekend, haven't had RU-55 in forever!
SecoKid
AG
Drinking a Ten Fidy tonight. Forgot how much I love this beer.
bevokilla
AG
Karbach BBH chocolate is pretty damn good. I unfortunately missed the Vanilla but I am really digging the chocolate
CodyCurry9601
quote:
The barrel aged edition is really great.
Scriffer
AG
Not good. Just tastes like Brett water.

SecoKid
AG
quote:
quote:

Is that Colorado only? I don't think I've seen it here in Texas. Maybe we'll get some with the new Austin brewery.
Hudson2508
AG
Seco, sending your Westy home to SA with Represent830 tomorrow. He said he could get it to you down there. That should be the last bottle I need to deliver. Thanks to everyone who was involved.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Wasn't kilt lifter part of one of the first big cease and desist cases in beer marketing?
from who and to who?

Pikes on Seattle has a Scottish ale called kilt lifter.
Found it

quote:
Moylan's has been involved in other trademark battles, too. Moylan says he was the first brewery to name a beer Kilt Lifter. However, he didn't trademark the two words. Over the years, other craft breweries put the same name on their own beers often dark and malty Scotch-style ales. Moylan, who says he isn't a "trademarkey kind of guy," wasn't concerned.
Then, as Moylan tells it, a brewing company in Arizona called Four Peaks not only adopted the name but applied for a trademark on it. Foreseeing legal troubles, Moylan voluntarily took the name off bottles of his beer that were shipped to states where Four Peaks beers are sold. Four Peaks representatives could not be reached for comment.
Moylan says the owners of Four Peaks recently visited his brewpub with a peace offering: a Four Peaks T-shirt and some beer. Moylan drank the beer and has even worn the shirt. It might not have been the happiest ending for his Kilt Lifter, but it wasn't a, um, bitter end.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Seco, sending your Westy home to SA with Represent830 tomorrow. He said he could get it to you down there. That should be the last bottle I need to deliver. Thanks to everyone who was involved.

Dammit! I was gonna text him a pic and tell him I got it in a trade but didn't know if it was any good.
CodyCurry9601
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that Colorado only? I don't think I've seen it here in Texas. Maybe we'll get some with the new Austin brewery.
Not sure. The only reason I even knew it existed is because of a client in Fort Collins. So...probably.
BSD
AG
BA Ten Fidy has been distributed to TX. I got it on Black Friday at Specs during the bcbs craziness so I'm not sure how widely distributed it actually was.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Broke open the Oddwood Taming The Savage Heart tonight. I gotta say those guys are doing some great work. Really crisp tart blonde ale that was very refreshing and drinkable. Can't wait to see their offerings expand in the near future.
SecoKid
AG
That works out perfect. Sorry I haven't been able to make it up to Austin. Thanks for handling the logistics!
Scriffer
AG
I have one in the fridge I'm waiting to crack open soon. Pretty excited for it.
jah003
S
I'll be out at JK this afternoon right at 4. If anyone wants to say hey, grab a beer, or just wait in line... I'll be the skinny guy wearing a blue plaid shirt and the facial hair of an 8th grade boy...
Represent830
AG
quote:
I'll be out at JK this afternoon right at 4. If anyone wants to say hey, grab a beer, or just wait in line... I'll be the skinny guy wearing a blue plaid shirt and the facial hair of an 8th grade boy...
You'll be super easy to spot amongst the neck beards.

I also saw the Taming of the Savage Heart last night at my honeyhole and was wondering about it. Their first beer, Saison, was really good.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

I also saw the Taming of the Savage Heart last night at my honeyhole and was wondering about it. Their first beer, Saison, was really good.

Does you honey hole happen to rhyme with Schwin Bickers and be in the town with Caves and Bees?

And... Taming the Savage Heart is the tits.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Does you honey hole happen to rhyme with Schwin Bickers and be in the town with Caves and Bees?

And... Taming the Savage Heart is the tits.
No sir. I'm in the town of breakfast tacos and well manicured lawns.
Hudson2508
AG
I'm aiming to be out there around 430 to meet Represent, I'll look for you Jah.
AgEng06
AG
Represent, it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it out there, so if you're able to pick one up for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks a lot man!
Represent830
AG
quote:
Represent, it doesn't look like I'm gonna make it out there, so if you're able to pick one up for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks a lot man!
Yep
No Bat Soup For You
AG
If any Fort Worth people are interested the Burleson HEB has about 15 bottles of CBBH just sitting on the shelf. I only got 1 and if I like it tonight I'm going back to get a couple more.
First Page Last Page
Page 852 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.