Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,802 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn.
jah003
S
I'll mule... Hit me up. My commission is a bottle, though...
AggieOO
quote:
I want to try la Barbecue one of these days, but I'd have a hard time waiting in line for barbecue in Austin at a place other than Franklin.
been to La BBQ multiple times and never waited in line. 10 times out of 10 I'll eat at one of the other bbq places over waiting in line for Franklin. Its REALLY good, but there are places 90-95% as good that you don't have to wait for (or wait long).
La Fours
AG
They said on Twitter that it will not be distributed, except for special events.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Boo.

I'll be up that way the second weekend of March. Maybe it will survive until then.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Deep Ellum posted today that they're going to start distributing in Houston.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Now if only Lakewood would get more widespread down here.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of which, anyone open up a 2015 Deep Ellum Four Swords yet?
Scriffer
AG
I've got the Cabernet Barrel aged version still in the fridge. Looking for a good reason to open it up.
jh0400
AG
Midtown Specs had several cases of Raspberry Temptress earlier. That's a start.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, it would be nice if it was just at HEB or the bar.
ChipFTAC01
AG
But I do appreciate Specs muling down some of the Dallas beers that don't distribute down here.
Jock 07
AG
Wasn't kilt lifter part of one of the first big cease and desist cases in beer marketing?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Deep Ellum posted today that they're going to start distributing in Houston.

Do they not already? I buy Dream Crusher and IPA pretty regularly on the south side of town. Are they just expanding what they're distributing?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Per their Facebook the deep ellum in Houston has just been Specs self-distributing. Are you getting it there or somewhere else?

I've only had DE's main beers (Blonde, their IPA, and dream crusher) which I really enjoy. What are some of their more seasonal beers, special releases?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
No, I've gotten it at Specs. That makes sense. I've only had their main offerings as well.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well Four Swords is a good one that we were just discussing. Regular and barrel aged versions of the Belgian Quad.

The Oak Cliff Coffee Ale may be considered a regular, but I sometimes don't see it as often in the stores. Excellent brown ale.

Neato Bandito is a hybrid style lager, goes great with tacos. Seasonal.

Hop Seeker is their fresh hop ale. Extremely dank.

Hatch Chile Stout I enjoy, but some might not.

Wealth and Taste is a Belgian strong pale that I've seen in bombers but haven't been able to try yet.

Last but not least: Numb Comfort is a barleywine style ale that can be dangerous. First time I had it was at the end of a session at the brewery. My hangover was spinney AF.

They have some special releases but I'm not as tapped into those...some brewery only releases. But I'd imagine they're great. Great brewery.
jah003
S
Seriously... If anyone needs some RU55, shoot me an email at jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com or text me if you have my number. Planning to head out there Friday afternoon with my wife.

Planning on grabbing at least six bottles for myself, but I can certainly #goandpickituoformebro.
jh0400
AG
Email sent, but it may have been to your shsu.edu address.
jah003
S
quote:
Email sent, but it may have been to your shsu.edu address.

Can you forward it to the gmail? I let the shsu address die and can't even access it anymore.
jh0400
AG
Done.
maca1028
quote:
Seriously... If anyone needs some RU55, shoot me an email at jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com or text me if you have my number. Planning to head out there Friday afternoon with my wife.

Planning on grabbing at least six bottles for myself, but I can certainly #goandpickituoformebro.

I might see you there.
army01
AG
quote:
Well Four Swords is a good one that we were just discussing. Regular and barrel aged versions of the Belgian Quad.

The Oak Cliff Coffee Ale may be considered a regular, but I sometimes don't see it as often in the stores. Excellent brown ale.

Neato Bandito is a hybrid style lager, goes great with tacos. Seasonal.

Hop Seeker is their fresh hop ale. Extremely dank.

Hatch Chile Stout I enjoy, but some might not.

Wealth and Taste is a Belgian strong pale that I've seen in bombers but haven't been able to try yet.

Last but not least: Numb Comfort is a barleywine style ale that can be dangerous. First time I had it was at the end of a session at the brewery. My hangover was spinney AF.

They have some special releases but I'm not as tapped into those...some brewery only releases. But I'd imagine they're great. Great brewery.
Numb Comfort is solid and BA Four Swords is pretty good. I like Dream Crusher, but preferred the original rye IPA recipe that was in bombers. Outside of that, I'm not a huge DEBC fan.
Represent830
AG
Think I'd headed up to Jester too. TexAgs meetup?

Willing to mule as well, although I already have some orders placed.
turfman80
AG
Received another box today from placing 3rd in a Bowl Pick'em contest on a beer site !!

Represent830
AG
Nice! I think my buddy is bringing that same Cantillon to our draft in a month. Can't wait to try it.
jah003
S
quote:

Getting out there at 4... will probably be gone by 5 though. Parents are watching my daughter so we can spend the weekend in Fburg.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Getting out there at 4... will probably be gone by 5 though. Parents are watching my daughter so we can spend the weekend in Fburg.
If I can get out of here by 3 I should make it up by then.
jh0400
AG
Let me know if you got it. If not, I'll resend.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd like to try to make it out there as well but not sure if I can swing it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Fredericksburg with the misses? Have a good weekend. Woman go crazy for that place.
jah003
S
quote:
Fredericksburg with the misses? Have a good weekend. Woman go crazy for that place.

Luckily my wife isn't big into shopping. Wineries, though... That's a whole other story.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Luckily my wife isn't big into shopping. Wineries, though... That's a whole other story.
B*tches love wine.

Wait, not that your wife is a b*tch.

I'm... I'm... sure she's really great...

.../scurries away quickly.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd like to try to make it out there as well but not sure if I can swing it.
Let me know if you can't... I'll try to throw a bottle your way for hooking me up that one time.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

B*tches love wine.

Wait, not that your wife is a b*tch.

I'm... I'm... sure she's really great...

.../scurries away quickly.

First Page Last Page
Page 851 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.