Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,445 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jh0400
big-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dead Guy is great stuff!
BSD
AG
NColorado wins tonight! Heady Topper is in my top 3 DIPAs!
BSD
AG
Another non-Texas brew

BSD
AG
One more from last night. Hitting up Sweetwater Brewing Co today.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Had both of these the other night. Recommend both of them if you like Belgians.

Also topped off the evening with my DFH World Wide Stout. I picked this up while I was in Oregon back in March. EXCELLENT. It is somewhere between 15%-20% according to the DFH website, but tastes much smoother. First sip burns a little, but after that it is perfect.

Inspector Spacetime
AG
Wow, haven't seen that Dogfish brew before.. must find.

Here in Cali (and I know other states in the east have them too but not Texas) there's a chain of liquor stores called Total Wine & More which is basically about 2/3rds the size of the Specs warehouse in downtown Houston. Basically anything I have a desire for can be found, so I'll have to go by there a little later and see what I can contribute to this thread tonight.
big-ag
AG
DFH Stout looks tasty.
spadilly
S
speaking of DFH, picked up a 4 pack of Festina Peche at HEB earlier today.

i dont normally drink fruit beers, but i love peaches and really wanted to try it.
cooling off in the fridge now.

NColoradoAG
Heading to Falling Rock before the Rockies game tonight. Hoping there's some goodies on tap tonight. I'm getting sick of always having Pliny.
713nervy
AggieRN02

[This message has been edited by AggieRN02 (edited 6/8/2012 5:51p).]
Green Fairy
AG
Let's try this again under my account and not my wife's...

I almost pulled the trigger on the Festina Peche today, but wasn't in the mood for something fruity. I'm curious to hear how it is.

Ended up with a Stone Cali-Belgique IPA, Stone/Fat Head/Bear Republic collabortion TBA and a Jester King Black Metal (one of the last non-farmhouse bottles I've seen).
army01
AG
Dead Guy is some good stuff...drank a growler by myself after the Tday game last year...made T+1 a rough day
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Starting this weekend off right

jetch17
AG
I see some Lychee in my future this weekend, as well
spadilly
S
here. here.

thought about cracking one open tonight, but sticking to alaskan summer and St A homefront tonight.
it's on the menu for tomorrow
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Ehh.. that first one was not my favorite. Not a big sweet and sour beer guy yet (this was the second example I've tasted).

Here's one of my absolute favorites. 100% recommend this Dunkel Weisse (and most anything by Ayinger):

Edit: Hard to read, but this one's the "Ur-Weisse"

[This message has been edited by Inspector Spacetime (edited 6/8/2012 8:23p).]
La Fours
AG
I wish I could get my hands on more Tart Lychee.
BSD
AG
The tart lychee is a solid beer. Inspector Spacetime, if you are going to live in NorCal, you're going to need to come around on the sours! Btw, In what town are you living?

So I hit up Sweetwater Brewing Co in Atlanta today for the Friday afternoon tour/happy hour. The beers were ok, with the IPA being my favorite. The scenery, however, was world class!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'll keep giving the sours a try, but right now it's just like when I first had a taste for beer and couldn't stand IPA's. I use that example because I love them now so I'm sure there's a chance I could come around on these as well. But not right now. However making myself drink the whole thing probably went a long way.

I'm living in Sacramento, which is pretty well-situated for beer. SF and Chico (Sierra Nevada) are both about an hour and a half away. And I know there are lots of smaller names that I haven't gotten to know all around.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Lagunitas varieties are about as cheap as Shiner is in Texas in most bars up here.
BSD
AG
Most of my favorite NorCal breweries are on page 37 of this thread. Ah, memories...
Inspector Spacetime
AG
How did you enjoy Drake's?

I love their pale ale and they sell it at a corner store a couple blocks from my apartment in midtown.
BSD
AG
Drakes was one of the better beers that night (SF Beer Week Opening Gala). They only had 2 on tap there but I really liked them. I'm hoping to do a full visit there this fall.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
That's good to hear. Did it cost much to tour/taste at most?
713nervy
AG
Any of you bonerfaces on Untapp'd?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
What that is
713nervy
AG
Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmm.

/laquisha
jetch17
AG
duck79
AG
Inspector,

Total Wine just opened their first store in Dallas. The grand opening was Thursday but they have been open for a couple of weeks. The place is amazing and they carry everything that we distribute in Texas.
army01
AG
Duck, who distributes in Fort Worth? the selection is rather lacking.
duck79
AG

[This message has been edited by Duck79 (edited 6/9/2012 10:16a).]
duck79
AG
A couple of different companies now distribute. We distribute statewide and have about 75% of the products talked about here but the problem with Ft Worth is that their aren't as many good beer stores overall. When you get these limited products that the breweries send there are only so many places that you can send 30 cases. When these big chains come in(Specs, Total Wines) they are going to take beer sales away from somewhere.

My guess is that you are seeing the core items but you aren't finding the "cool" items that you want readily available. Is that right?

[This message has been edited by Duck79 (edited 6/9/2012 10:21a).]
La Fours
AG
Duck, who do you work for?
713nervy
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.