Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,499 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sipping the home front as well tonight.

62strat
AG
I picked up a beer I had a bit back but forgot about, I need to start stocking this one. It is by far the best bang for your buck I've found in craft brews.

Bridgeport Kingpin double red. 7.5% abv, a 6 pack is $6.99 at specs.

Just did a bit of research, and while it's the oldest brewery in Oregon, it was bought in 1995 by Gambrinus co. (The shiner parent company).. so that explains the cheaper price maybe? They put out 100K barrels a year now.

Also, there was a space on the shelf for their seasonal, it was only $4.99 a sixer, but they were out. Have to keep an eye out for that. I haven't seen a craft sixer at $5 in a long time.
gordo97
AG
that boulevard BBQ is the tits
713nervy
AG
Any Mexican beer you boys want me tO bring back? Lulz
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
I've got six total... and found a few more that i can get if need be.

Is my name potentially on the list for 1 or 2? Please..oh...please! E-mail in profile if so.
62strat
AG
going offshore again! another 8 days w/o beer!

Oh well, I'm staying in NOLA tonight before I head to dock in the morning..
Hmm.. $120 per diem - motel 6 = at least $80 to blow on something.

p-wonk01
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my favorites. Make sure you sit in the back porch and drink a beer while the sun sets over the Pacific. It's nothing short of a perfect end to a day. Just don't continue to drink a few more tasters and other brews and then scale the sand dune at night
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacific City is just a lunch stop on our way to Newport. We will probably be making our way to Rogue sometime today too.

Details on the trip ? Was it the first time you guys had been to Pelican? On our first beer trip to Oregon we hit up the Winter Ale Festival and Civil War. We then went though Corvalis to Newport and then up the coast through Astoria and back to Portland. I enjoyed the Rogue brewery and Moe's chowder in Newport.

On a separate note, it seems Tillamook is making a big push into Texas over the last few months (outside of their limited cheese contract with Sams/Wal-Mart and other grocery stores). They've had several commercials here and I've seen their street teams out at some of the stores. They were a bit taken back when they asked me if I had ever tried it before and I went into a discussion of all the ones I'd had there and general Oregon knowledge. It's some dang good cheese I must say.

[This message has been edited by p-wonk01 (edited 5/29/2012 11:15a).]
p-wonk01
AG
I was out at a work convention in Las Vegas this week and staying in the Palazzo. I happened upon their spa level and ate at the Canyon Ranch restaurant. I noticed they had several bottles of Joseph James brew from Nevada. I wasn't able to try any, but am curious if anyone else had and their thoughts? They had the Red Fox, Tahoe Blue, American Lager and Weize Guy.

One of the evenings I found myself killing 20 minutes inside Public House in the Palazzo prior to dinner. They had a ton of good taps and bottles. I started with one of my favorites, Firestone's DBA on tap. I happened to be sitting next to the barback and there was a nice, dark beer poured in a tulip. I overheard the manager saying the customer had left and it wasn't needed anymore so I did what any guy in his right mind would and said "I'll take it off your hands if you're going to throw away a perfectly good beer". It worked and I had myself what I found out was a $33 glass of Labyrinth from Unita. I thought it was a very well balanced Imperial Stout and tasted of pure greatness! I'd love to trade for one for any of you that can get your hands on it (not us in TX).

[This message has been edited by p-wonk01 (edited 5/29/2012 11:30a).]
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
going offshore again! another 8 days w/o beer!

Oh well, I'm staying in NOLA tonight before I head to dock in the morning..
Hmm.. $120 per diem - motel 6 = at least $80 to blow on something.

Take the Causeway across Pontchartrain to Abida Springs to the Abida Brewery and report back!
62strat
AG
Reporting back; my results, no such thing as abida, however Abita makes decent beer

Eh I have to be at the water at 6 am, not gonna have time to go Abita. Gonna be a quick scroll through the quarter and some dinner, maybe throw a hundy down on black at harras.
p-wonk01
AG
Yeah I think I drank a bit too much this Memorial Day weekend...

quote:
maybe throw a hundy down on black at harras

That or the field on craps and thank me later.

Green Fairy
AG
quote:
a $33 glass of Labyrinth from

Damn, $33 a glass....is that brewed from unicorn tears?
La Fours
AG
quote:
Any Mexican beer you boys want me tO bring back? Lulz

I would like a quart of Superior please.
hbc07
AG

This beer is... interesting. A pronounced vegetable type flavor to it (which makes sense given the ingredients of yam, pumpkin, and other stuff)
jetch17
62strat
AG
dear lord, yam beer? what's next!

Still waiting for a mass produced pizza beer.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

$2 a bottle online.

http://www.mammamiapizzabeer.com/main.php
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Well kind of $2 a bottle... also $20 shipping..
gordo97
AG
had this last night..... tasty!!!!

txag2008
AG
quote:
had this last night..... tasty!!!!

You waiting until June to take down your Christmas tree?
spadilly
S
Yuengling on the beach in Key West.

I win.
gordo97
AG
You waiting until June to take down your Christmas tree?

not my house...... got that pic off the internets
62strat
AG
quote:
Well kind of $2 a bottle... also $20 shipping..
that's the only kind I know of, hence my qualifications of 'mass produced'

hah man, so we're taking generic shots off the internet now, yet ones that appear to be genuine?
gordo97
AG
some of us are very lazy about posting own pics
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Has anyone tried the Sam Adams East West Kolsch? I was able to get it on their summer seasonal pack. Perfect beer for grilling weather, I wish they had it available in a 6 pack.
To go along with the theme of getting pictures on the internet that look like our homes...

Pahdz
That East West Kolsch is great, but too bad its stuck in the pack with other crap.
army01
AG
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid for dinner

La Fours
AG
Big fan of Hop Stoopid.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
That East West Kolsch is great, but too bad its stuck in the pack with other crap.

Agreed. Forgot how much I hated the Cherry Wheat. Had to throw it out...
Pahdz
that saison that's in it is awful as well
713nervy
AG
quote:
Yuengling on the beach in Key West.

I win.

O-ver-ra-ted clap*clap*clapclapclap

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 5/30/2012 11:10p).]
army01
AG
^
I
I
This X 10000000000
AgInSingapore
AG
Beerfest Asia 2012 just around the corner on this side of the globe..... I can't freaking wait because they will have, well, lots of beers for me to try.

beerfestasia.com
p-wonk01
AG
Picture from the current office

I happen to be in CS through this weekend and had to stop by and talk to my friends at New Republic Brewery.

I figured I'd pass along they are doing tours this Saturday at 7pm out at the brewery. I believe it's $6 for the pint glass and two complimentary samples (pints)of beer. If you are around and looking for something to do then I'd say come out and support some local Ags.

11405 North Dowling
Unit#8
College Station, TX 77845
www.newrepublicbrewing.com
jh0400
AG
Currently at Hay Merchant enjoying a Stone Old Guardian.

First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.