Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,550 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Indio is being released in the USA

They have it at the CS specs. Any good?
La Fours
AG
I picked up a Great Divide 18th anniversary oak aged ipa, clown shoes miracle ipa, SA Homefront, and a Stoic today at the CS specs. Had an Austin Beerworks IPA at Washbangers. It was ok.
aggiespartan
AG
Heading to Pelican Brewery tomorrow
army01
AG
Can't tell if this is a sour or a ***** beer, but either way, i'm a bit inebriated.

p-wonk01
AG
quote:
Heading to Pelican Brewery tomorrow

One of my favorites. Make sure you sit in the back porch and drink a beer while the sun sets over the Pacific. It's nothing short of a perfect end to a day. Just don't continue to drink a few more tasters and other brews and then scale the sand dune at night
txag2008
AG
Will be in Phoenix and Sedona through the weekend. Any breweries or craft beer locations that are a cant miss out there?
aggiespartan
AG
quote:
One of my favorites. Make sure you sit in the back porch and drink a beer while the sun sets over the Pacific. It's nothing short of a perfect end to a day. Just don't continue to drink a few more tasters and other brews and then scale the sand dune at night

Pacific City is just a lunch stop on our way to Newport. We will probably be making our way to Rogue sometime today too.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Will be in Phoenix and Sedona through the weekend. Any breweries or craft beer locations that are a cant miss out there?

I've heard good things about 4Peaks but never had any of their beer.
BSD
AG
Spartan,

You know I'll want one of those! Thanks. Although my wife will probably drink it before I can.

Houston folks...Central Market has Deviant Dales if you are having trouble locating some. I picked up 2 four packs.
GovAg
Tried this beer over the weekend.

Surprised, but I really enjoyed it. Had a bitter like a grapefruit.
BSD
AG
Tonight's burger beers:

Deviant Dale's
Home brewed IPA
3 Floyd's Jinx Proof Lager
NB Tart Lychee

And a Padron Serie 1926 cigar to finish the night.
jetch17
AG
Like a bawss
BSD
AG
All just a warmup for next weekend's ball-to-the-wall blowout.
helgs
AG
My haul from LA, People's Republik of Kalifornia. No Pliny. Checked about 3 reputable liquor stores. Owner of Stearns in Long Beach even called his distributor for an extra shipment but no luck. Oh well.

That little blue bottle was $16!!! It's been aging for a couple of years though.

BSD
AG
That's a nice haul. Your $16 supplication bottle is one of my favorite beers ever. Firestone Walker is doing a little event on June 9th that I wanted to attend but I'll be on the east coast that weekend. Their lineup is pretty solid. Ive never tasted Port Brewing (have a few of their stouts in the fridge aging) but I'll be in San Diego this summer and they are right next to my hotel so I'm sure I'll taste plenty! Enjoy those beers!
NColoradoAG
quote:

Deviant Dale's
Home brewed IPA
3 Floyd's Jinx Proof Lager
NB Tart Lychee

And a Padron Serie 1926 cigar to finish the night.

I have such an internet man crush on you. I've been smoking a lot of 1926 #6s so far this spring. Usually on the patio Saturday night after dinner. They pair really well with Espresso Yeti and Stone IRS.
La Fours
AG
I had a funny thing happen last night. Had a few friends over for burgers and beers. My IPA buddy brought over a few bombers to share. I go to open the Moylans NorCal IPA and when I do, it erupts like a geyser. I'm not kidding. Seriously it shot out nearly a foot from the bottle. It must have been over pressurized because it had sat for 2 hours in the fridge before we opened it. And it lived in my buddy's beer fridge for a few weeks before that. I wish I had video.

We drank a SA Homefront and a GD Hercules DIPA along with a bunch of coors light and shiner ruby redbird.

quote:

What's next weekend?

BSD
AG
That Padron was a very nice smoke. I've been out of the cigar game for about a year but have had few lately. No real reason for the hiatus other than just passing out before I get a chance to smoke. One of my neighbors just got into cigars so I've been smoking with him lately. And another buddy recently bought a humidor so we are going to a shop today to get some sticks. It's too hot for a stout but we'll probably get into some decent beers or some scotch once we get back. I love 3 day weekends.
BSD
AG
That's messed up, La Fours. I would have laughed my ass off though. How was the SA Homefront?

Just getting older next weekend. Hitting up Mark's for dinner on Friday, followed by a party at the house on Saturday which will move to HOB for a Beastie Boys tribute band. We tend to go overboard on birthdays here so we'll see what happens.
BSD
AG
quote:

I like how "ball" is singular. Insert Willy Lump Nut jokes here...
La Fours
AG
Nice. My kids birthdays are Friday and Saturday.

Oh we definitely were laughing our asses off. John shear ridiculousness of eruption was very entertaining. And then my reaction and running to the sink with it had to be hilarious.
La Fours
AG
The Homefront was good. It's not as good as Endeavor but something I would buy again.
NColoradoAG
quote:
It's too hot for a stout

I can see that. We're lucky up here in the fact that no matter how hot it gets during the day it will be in the 70's by about 9:30 pm.
BSD
AG
Niiiiice. I'm quite jealous of your summers.

Speaking of summer, guess what's being released soon? I'm gonna need another beer fridge...

La Fours
AG
Any chance of that making it to Texas BSD?
BSD
AG
I've read that it should go through normal Sierra Nevada distribution channels in the same quantities as Ovila, so let's hope so!
La Fours
hbc07
AG

Smokey. Can taste the whiskey.
army01
AG
Retread night...
jetch17
AG
Picked up a Saint A Homefront today, figured I'd give it a whirl seeing that it's Memorial day and a good cause and all
jetch17
AG
Not bad, a nice IPA

BSD
AG
Freebirds and

La Fours
AG
How was it BSD? I still haven't opened mine yet.
BSD
AG
Not bad. It certainly isn't a typical DIPA but it's a nice change of pace. Followed up with a little BBQ

Green Fairy
AG
Filled the growler with Sierra Nevada Hoptimum while at the Bellaire Whole Foods earlier today. Pretty dang good DIPA....I would get it again if I came across it. At over 10% abv it packs a punch.
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.