Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,839 Views | 62483 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by jah003
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a 13 and 14 Abyss buried in my beer cabinet, I wonder how they taste now
maca1028
I've had it once through trade, I usually miss it when it comes out. Kind of sucks because I was going to give Black Friday a try this year
duck79
AG
No that's not correct. Rare actually landed this morning(at least for DFW).
maca1028
quote:
No that's not correct. Rare actually landed this morning(at least for DFW).
corndog04
AG
quote:

I've got an '07 and minimum of 4 of each year since. Starting Christmas 2017 plan is to open a bottle of fresh, 5 yr, and 10 yr each xmas moving forward. Maybe add 15 yr in to the mix starting 2023 if it hasn't turned to ass.
La Fours
AG
That's awesome.
maca1028
Wow, that's patience.
Whoop04
Ignorant question: how can you be sure that changes in flavor have to do with aging, and not changes in the brewing process?
NColoradoAG
quote:
I'd actually take down at least 6 bottles for the cellar/parties. Think NoCol will make the order like he did the Cantillon? Oh yeah, I went there...

Chug bleach. Blame the *******s who chew up any loons online in 30 minutes flat.
NColoradoAG
I also hate Abyss.
NColoradoAG
Stopped at Yazoo today. Good beer. Terrible tap room.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:

I've got an '07 and minimum of 4 of each year since. Starting Christmas 2017 plan is to open a bottle of fresh, 5 yr, and 10 yr each xmas moving forward. Maybe add 15 yr in to the mix starting 2023 if it hasn't turned to ass.

I'm just proud of myself that I haven't opened my enjoy by 10-26-15 yet. No way in hell I could do that.
turfman80
AG
Asking for a friend.....did KarbacH Trigave make it to the Dallas area?
corndog04
AG
quote:
I also hate Abyss.

It was my first love, and first big annual release to get excited about when I first got in to the Portland beer scene. While I can recognize its flaws, I'm in too deep at this point to not let myself think it's amazing.
steve00
AG
quote:
The wink face meant is was joking! I'll bring you a bottles on my next Legoland trip.

As far as the box, I bought one a while back and broke it down to put it on the wall out back. I think I got it from these same guys offering the beer.

And for everyone wants a bottle, they probably won't ship to Texas. Sorry.

I'd be happy to open up another Veritas when you come out this way. I also just got this year's Utopias, so I can now do a vertical tasting of the 2011, 2013 and 2015.

I'll order the case of Westvleteren if enough people want some. I can check the box next time I fly to TX and drop it of at a central location for someone to disperse it.
62strat
AG
Is this westy box happening? I'll throw in for 2-3 bottles if we're still filling orders.
streetfighter2012
AG
I'm in for 2 bottles if it happens.
jh0400
AG
I'm in for two. I'm also trying to figure out if I could have it shipped to our SFO office, and then have them ship it to Texas.
NColoradoAG
**** quads

/NoCoOut
Hudson2508
AG
Put me in for 2 if it happens.
jh0400
AG
Trying this tonight. Wish I'd bought two so I could've had one fresh to compare.

steve00
AG

Ordered. I'll take 4 bottles and send 20 to TX. I may be flying in next month. I need a volunteer, probably in Austin, but maybe Houston, to keep track of who wants bottles, then take delivery from me and hand them out accordingly.
AgEng06
AG
Woo! I hadn't spoken up before, but if there are any left I'm in for 1 or 2. I'm also in Austin and can try to help distribute.

jah003
S
quote:
**** quads

/NoCoOut

Hudson2508
AG
Let me know how you prefer payment, can PayPal or arrange something else if it's easier.
steve00
AG
quote:
Let me know how you prefer payment, can PayPal or arrange something else if it's easier.

My preference would be to take a box of beers I can't get back home with me in trade. Jester King, 512, Yellow Rose, etc. Whatever people think makes sense to trade. Cash is boring.
jah003
S
quote:
Trying this tonight. Wish I'd bought two so I could've had one fresh to compare.

Fresh is awesome... There.
Hudson2508
AG
Agreed, that's way more fun. Well I'm in Austin so if you send the beer here I can certainly add some JK to the box. Yellow Rose is also readily available so just let me know if you're looking for something in particular. Have an extra Aurelian and BdBdB available and will have some Froudreweizen if interested.
62strat
AG
Where you based out of steve00? Are all the westys allocated for yet?
jh0400
AG
Aged was pretty good as well.
steve00
AG
quote:
Where you based out of steve00? Are all the westys allocated for yet?

I'm in San Diego. I'm not sure who's really in at this point. Doesn't seem like 20 bottles yet.
62strat
AG
Would you ship a few to CO? Or possibly trade? I've got 150+ in the basement, though I'm not sure I'm willing to part with a lot of them, so I may just want to pay. How much $ each by the way? Email me
Metaltim at sbcglobal dot net
Jock 07
AG
I'll be in ft worth on wed night thru sun and Houston around Christmas. I can bring you some Colorado **** for my bottle or two.
steve00
AG
quote:
Would you ship a few to CO? Or possibly trade? I've got 150+ in the basement, though I'm not sure I'm willing to part with a lot of them, so I may just want to pay. How much $ each by the way? Email me
Metaltim at sbcglobal dot net

I'm interested in CO stuff, but I have never been successful at shipping beer. UPS and FedEx have both shut me down in the past. I guess they'd be about $12 each, but I'm not really looking for money. I'm more interested in trade.

This is getting kind of complicated, so instead of filling up the thread, PM me your requests and anyone willing to help out on the TX end. Limit 2 bottles per person. Logistical help gets you extras.
62strat
AG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/76x49efmcxq3cz7/Beer%20Cellar.xlsx?dl=0

No pm capabilities. Email above.

What issues do you have with a shipping? I've done it several times, they never ask anything except is it flammable, breakable, etc. just use a plain brown box and plenty packing material.
First Page Last Page
Page 786 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.