Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,979 Views | 62484 Replies | Last: 11 sec ago by hbc07
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No parking passes yet, if I can't find anything decent then we'll be taking the bus that drops off at the corp dorms
Jock 07
AG
No more games for me. Will be checking out the all Colorado beer fest here before the game however.
steve00
AG
A very good saison, based on their Delores.

maca1028
Is the walk in from the veterinarian buildings as long as it seems?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

No.
maca1028
Thanks, that's about the only parking that I can find that's decently priced
dixie whiskey
AG
drinking my first sierra nevada '15 celebration of the the year. one of my all time favorite seasonal beers and it costs nowhere near what most of the better beers I love cost. win win for me.
jah003
S
quote:

Pro tip (or pro tip 3 years ago)... Go through the second entrance (back lot) at the vet school to park. They shouldn't be able to take your money if you come through that way. We used to tailgate at the vet school before we got all classy and started tailgating at Clayton Williams.
La Fours
AG
I'll be working before the game from about 2pm until kickoff. But I should be able to stop by and hang out for a few minutes.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Who's going to the game this weekend? Last home game for me. Have a Port Black Tuesday and some Casey that needs to be crushed
Was planning on going to the game all year long until I saw it was a night game. Just had a kid and the wifey wont let me get away that long.

Had everything lined up to bring 3 HF growlers, some Trillium and Treehouse
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'll be around for the game. Would love to try and make it by. Have a few bottles that need to be finished off anyways.
cpscAG06
AG
I would love to do a share for the game.
Commander Gorn
corndog04
AG
Surprised no mention of this here:

https://www.brewbound.com/news/cascade-brewing-signs-with-favorite-brands-in-texas
La Fours
AG
It was discussed a couple of months ago on here that Cascade was rumored to be coming to Texas. It'll be interesting to see how much the bottles cost considering that even on the west coast they have some that are $40 piece.
army01
AG
Between Evil Tween, Stillwater, Cascade, Ninkasi, and AleSmith, the last half of 2015 beer year is looking pretty good
La Fours
AG
quote:
Between Evil Tween, Stillwater, Cascade, Ninkasi, and AleSmith, the last half of 2015 beer year is looking pretty good

AleSmith and Ninkasi?
Scriffer
AG
Ninkasi arrived in Dallas this week. I hadn't heard about AleSmith.
maca1028
Alesmith label approvals started rolling in last week I believe.
maca1028
I'll give that a try, thanks!
steve00
AG

Tried the 2014 next to the 2015 last night. The 2015 seemed slightly brighter and fresher, while the 2014 was sweeter and richer. It wasn't a huge difference though, so it's probably just from the 2014 aging for a year in my cellar. Both were excellent though.
Jock 07
AG
saw those here the other day but wasn't ready to drop 20 bucks on one though
steve00
AG
quote:

$20 is way too high. I got mine for the very reasonable price of $18.

But seriously, it is a pricy bottle. I know I really like it, so it's worth it for me, but I could see the hesitation to pay that for a first taste.
army01
AG
quote:
Alesmith label approvals started rolling in last week I believe.
That is correct.

As for Ninkasi, I know Lonestar and Hall's along with TW Plano received Ground Control, but I haven't found it west of Colleyville yet. Any other Funkytowners seen it?
Whoop04
Alesmith
army01
AG
quote:
Alesmith
I'm hearing they are with Andrews, so at least for now, it might be another North Texas only brewery, like Ninkasi.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I've started seeing a couple of beers from 4th Tap, a new brewery here in Austin, around lately. Anyone tried it yet? Seemed like a sort of odd set of beers for an initial release: a grapefruit IPA and a tamarind wheat ale, if I remember correctly.
duck79
AG
Yes both are with Andrews
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

$20 is way too high. I got mine for the very reasonable price of $18.

But seriously, it is a pricy bottle. I know I really like it, so it's worth it for me, but I could see the hesitation to pay that for a first taste.
yea I'll pay in the$15-20 range for a known quantity. I passed on a $22 AC Golden Ctayt as well

gordo97
AG
Has Prairie fallen out of favor with neckbeards??? I saw Vanilla Noir, Okie and Bomb just sitting around today.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Has Prairie fallen out of favor with neckbeards??? I saw Vanilla Noir, Okie and Bomb just sitting around today.
Not sure about the neck beards, but Prairie's price points have me looking at other beers.
La Fours
AG
I think they are producing larger batches now, making the beer not as rar.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
Not sure about the neck beards, but Prairie's price points have me looking at other beers.
Me as well. I'll try a new one, but I've had all of those. It's going to take more than a new Bomb! label to get me to buy more.
maca1028
This **** showed up in my neighborhood.

Score
jah003
S
quote:
They're saving their money for Black Friday...

I've been done with Prairie for a while now. $1 an ounce better blow my socks off. Too often I'm saying "it was good, but nothing spectacular".
First Page Last Page
Page 775 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.