Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,395 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by maca1028
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This time of year makes me glad I hate pumpkin.

Stopped by my Whole Foods to taste a shot at some Alpine, but when they didn't have it, the beer guy had pity on me and hooked me up with a Cabernet Four Swords.
dave99ag
AG
Pumpkin beers or pumpkin in general because pumpkin pie is awesome.
AggieOO
You like all pie.
Scriffer
AG
Pumpkin in general. Pumpkin pie is only good if you bury it in Cool Whhip.
Jock 07
AG
Put me in the camp that doesn't have any use for pumpkin. Although I tried one of Avery's barrel pumpkin beers, rumpkin I think, at one of the bars at copper last year. It actually wasn't that bad, mostly cause it didn't taste like pumpkin too much.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
You like all pie.

Yeah, there's no doubt about that. One of these days I'd like to get a group back up for RAGBRAI. Well, assuming I learn how to ride a bike again.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
You like all pie.

Yeah, there's no doubt about that. One of these days I'd like to get a group back up for RAGBRAI. Well, assuming I learn how to ride a bike again.

If you go, you know we are in.
La Fours
AG
I don't hate pumpkin. But I have no use for it either. So no chasing pumpkinator for me.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well good evening to you too!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I don't hate pumpkin. But I have no use for it either. So no chasing pumpkinator for me.

I love Pecan Pie. All other pies are second rate citizens, honestly.

I make a mean Pecan Pie.
La Fours
AG
My favorite is the chocolate bourbon pecan pie.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
What is the difference in pie and cobbler? I bought a pecan cobbler from a little kid doing a school fundraiser. I haven't had it yet, but it looks just like pecan pie.
jah003
S
Hey! Take all this talk to the Pie Thread...
NColoradoAG
Had the green flash branded Nelson last night at the brewery. No noticeable difference iMO
Jason_Ag98
AG
Interesting - I've heard a variety of opinions from "tastes the same" to "much worse and I'll never buy it again." I've only had Nelson after the Green Flash acquisition so I don't have a reference for comparison but I thought it was really good.
AggieOO
quote:
Interesting - I've heard a variety of opinions from "tastes the same" to "much worse and I'll never buy it again." I've only had Nelson after the Green Flash acquisition so I don't have a reference for comparison but I thought it was really good.
probably the same people who swear Goose Island tastes different and complain loudly about InBev, yet will wait in line and drive all over town to pick up BCBS so they can post pictures on facebook and brag about "whalez bro."
BSD
AG
I was buying beer at HEB Bunker Hill for a party at my house this weekend but they didn't have Nelson yet. I was hoping to give it a whirl to see if there was a difference.
Hudson2508
AG
Had the GF version and it was damn good. Wouldn't let it deter me from buying it.
Jock 07
AG
the only alpine I've had was after the acquisition as well. I thought the hoppy birthday tasted significantly better on tap than the bottle I just had a couple days ago.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picked up JK Estival Dichotomous yesterday. Farmhouse Ale Refermented with Melons.

It was at Choice Beverage in McKinney if anyone is looking for it. They also had Snorkel.

Excited to try both.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
What is the difference in pie and cobbler? I bought a pecan cobbler from a little kid doing a school fundraiser. I haven't had it yet, but it looks just like pecan pie.

Pan style and structure of the crust.

Also, no such thing as non fruit "cobblers."

It's akin to all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are square. All cobblers are fruit, but not all pies are fruit.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Hey! Take all this talk to the Pie Thread...
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
I was buying beer at HEB Bunker Hill for a party at my house this weekend but they didn't have Nelson yet. I was hoping to give it a whirl to see if there was a difference.
What time should we come over? Attire?
Jack Thauer
AG
Just got my 2015 Pumpkinator.

Only one I have ever had was at a beer dinner and it was a few years old and barrel aged. Not expecting this one to be as good, but excited to try it.
wessimo
AG
There's some at the Kroger at Wirt & Westview if anyone is looking.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Did they have anything good on tap? I didn't see them on taphunter and the last tweet they had was from last weekend
soso33
I apologize for saying the CS heb was slacking. I asked Steve for a Pumpkinator in person, and he got one for me from the back. Thanks La Fours.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
Did they have anything good on tap? I didn't see them on taphunter and the last tweet they had was from last weekend
didn't even look. sorry. You can always call Sean and ask him to tweet out an update.
La Fours
AG
You're welcome, glad to help. Steve and Sereth are both really nice guys. I think they just are a little too busy to keep their social media stuff up to date.
dave99ag
AG
La Cumbre in Albuquerque has some legit beers. Definitely should make a visit if in town. Grabbed a bottle of Project Dank and an Saison refermented with apricots.
La Fours
AG
Turfman just texted me a picture from Side Project Cellar in St. Louis.
Jock 07
AG
Starting the weekend with one of my favorite styles

62strat
AG
Drinking a pumpkin from local brewery Barnett and sons. Only $4.50 for a 32oz growler.

Pretty tasty brew. Think I'll refill soon.
Kyle98
AG
Enjoying my first Alpine. Having a Hoppy Birthday!
army01
AG
I need to find some Alpine bottles. Haven't seen them in west Fort Worth. Doesn't help that our central market is slacking.
First Page Last Page
Page 770 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.