Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,182 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Thanks for lugging those across campus, hanging out for a beer, and playing photographer Adam!

He's still complaining about lugging that beer all over campus!
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
Thanks for lugging those across campus, hanging out for a beer, and playing photographer Adam!

He's still complaining about lugging that beer all over campus!
This is the kind of thanks I get around here. IIRC, I even gave you one of the Fen Tao that had a nice label left.
BSD
AG
no, you don't RC. You drank too much. I expertly placed it back on there so it looked halfway normal.
NColoradoAG

IDGAF, it's all Jacob's fault anyway.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My Mother in law and sister in law went to Brussels back in August after spending a few days in London. They brought me back a beer that I'd never heard of. I tossed it in the fridge while I'm working through my stash of Pliny and other random beers. Yesterday at the store I happened to notice the same pink elephant that was on the bottle that they brought back. Based on what I just looked up on wikipedia, apparently Delirium is good stuff? I'm not sure if it's the Tremens or the Nocturnum in the fridge right now.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
My Mother in law and sister in law went to Brussels back in August after spending a few days in London. They brought me back a beer that I'd never heard of. I tossed it in the fridge while I'm working through my stash of Pliny and other random beers. Yesterday at the store I happened to notice the same pink elephant that was on the bottle that they brought back. Based on what I just looked up on wikipedia, apparently Delirium is good stuff? I'm not sure if it's the Tremens or the Nocturnum in the fridge right now.

It is good stuff, enjoy. Been a while since I've had a Delirium.
maca1028
I can officially say that I no longer live out in the sticks, announced today that this is happening about 3 minutes from my house

Which means no more driving 45 minutes for a decent beer selection.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome.
62strat
AG
There was a 100k sqft heb by my old house (vintage park), it didn't have much beer selection at all. Maybe 20-30 bombers and only 1/4 of its beer area was craft beer. But wait long enough, I'm sure a specs is on the way

This was years ago. Maybe they've changed it up.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
HEB has stepped up their craft game. They're not a bottle shop by any means but you can get some decent stuff relatively easy there.
maca1028
We have a specs in town but they have nothing as far as beer is concerned.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
http://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants/austin-craft-beer-bar-defies-tabc-ban-on-crowlers-7764392

Interesting....
BSD
AG

La Fours
jetch17
AG
anyone been to the new Pour Society gastropub in Houston at Memorial City under Churrascos? Looks like an asston of local taps and good food
Jock 07
AG
Mr. B's is claiming to have some sort of epic cellar release next week.
AggieOO
ABW will be part of Sierra Nevadas beer camp next year.

also, i'll be knocking back new glarus, central waters, and three floyds all weekend!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
French Quarter Temptress release today. Going to stock up at lunch.

Is it being bottled this year?

Their site says draft only.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I know for a fact that Troy bottled a ton of Montmorency Fruit Stand to sell to accounts for GABF week. I assume Mr. B's will get a lot.

Not sure if I'll chase bottles next week. Kind of over it. I'm going to focus more on tappings and going to breweries I haven't visited before.

Looking forward to next week. I'm out of the office at noon on Wednesday and plan to be drunk until we finish off Arkansas Saturday night.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah there are tons of bottle of FQ Temptress available around the metroplex now thankfully. Their website must have a mistake because it's available at most bottle shops, Central Market, and some of the other liquor stores.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I guess the mobile website is outdated because it says "We are hoping to be able to bottle next year."

Anybody know anywhere in SW Fort Worth that has some?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
I know for a fact that Troy bottled a ton of Montmorency Fruit Stand to sell to accounts for GABF week. I assume Mr. B's will get a lot.

Not sure if I'll chase bottles next week. Kind of over it. I'm going to focus more on tappings and going to breweries I haven't visited before.

Looking forward to next week. I'm out of the office at noon on Wednesday and plan to be drunk until we finish off Arkansas Saturday night.
Same here, GABF Thur & Fri and might check out breweries Sat before the night game. Staying at the sheraton.
And this is all after zwanze day on Saturday.
Whoop04
Love this. F TABC.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'm pretty sure that CM Fort Worth got a bunch. I'm sure Specs on Hulen will get some as well.
army01
AG
quote:
I'm pretty sure that CM Fort Worth got a bunch. I'm sure Specs on Hulen will get some as well.

I took two bottles from FW CM at about 5. It looked like they only had another 1.5 cases. Might have more in the back though.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Jeeze. I'll have to make some looks rounds tomorrow for it
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Thanks for the heads up. My HEB guy in Burleson got me 4 bottles. I'm enjoying one as I type this.

They had 5 or 6 cases.
AggieOO
More proof that beer and running go together. On my run tonight, I passed a larger mini fridge on the curb with a sign saying "free." went back and picked up my new beer fridge.
cpscAG06
AG
Colorado folks, the wife and I will be flying into Denver and driving to Vail, Saturday the 26th. I am going to be dropping in a Mr. B's. Any other spots that I need to hit up. Trying to find good sours, Avery stuff, RRBC, etc. TIA
62strat
AG
RRBC beers are typically on release day, if not in a few good hours. Good luck on that.

Tipsys on the west side heading out is enormous, very large walk in bomber room with probably 1000 labels.
cpscAG06
AG
62strat, thank you very much.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Thanks for the heads up. My HEB guy in Burleson got me 4 bottles. I'm enjoying one as I type this.

They had 5 or 6 cases.
Price?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Colorado folks, the wife and I will be flying into Denver and driving to Vail, Saturday the 26th. I am going to be dropping in a Mr. B's. Any other spots that I need to hit up. Trying to find good sours, Avery stuff, RRBC, etc. TIA
I imagine everything will be picked over in Denver due to GABF. Mr. B's is doing a Casey tasting at 3pm on the 26th. Tipsys and Applejack are the best stores to hit as you head up into the mountains. Fortunately, the stores in Frisco and Vail do not get as much traffic as the front range locations. Basecamp Wine and Spirits is a great store in Frisco. I think it's Alpine Wine and Spirits in Vail that had the nice selection when I was up there last.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
12.99 I think.
cpscAG06
AG
Thanks nocol
First Page Last Page
Page 751 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.