Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,172 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If I couldn't have beer OR wine, and had to only drink liquor.... I just wouldn't like that.

Yeah, it certainly would make social situations more difficult. Awkward to be liquor guy when everyone else is just having beer/wine.
BSD
AG
try being the ******* who cant drink at all!
army01
AG
quote:
If I couldn't have beer OR wine, and had to only drink liquor.... I just wouldn't like that.
If I understood correctly, wine should be okay, because it is not made with barley, wheat or rye.
ElectricAg13
AG
quote:
quote:
That's a damn good rule to abide by.

Give me my bailey's/coffee, ...... before whiskey in the morning.
An Irishman would disagree!
Whiskey first. Whiskey always.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
If I understood correctly, wine should be okay, because it is not made with barley, wheat or rye.

You're in the blue
FlyFish95
I don't really want to plow through this entire thread to see if anyone posted about this, but how many of you are fond of Yellow Rose?
Hudson2508
AG
I'm a big fan, great beer. Buy it anytime I can find it in Austin.
steve00
AG
Very good IPA. Probably best one from Texas
Chipotlemonger
AG
Never had it but it's a consensus top Texas beer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Great beer but personally I like both 667 Neighbor of the Beast and The Jaberwocky from them better than Yellow Rose.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
So about 2 months ago, my 6 year old was diagnosed with celiac disease. As it is typically genetic, My wife has decided that we should both be tested to see if either of us have it. I went in for my physical last week. Today, my blood work came back. Mi tested positive for 1 of the 7 screenings. So, it doesn't mean I have it, but they want to look into it further.

A celiac diagnosis would shut down my beer drinking, so, in the event I have to lose all gluten, I want to get tastes of everything that I can. If you were told you could only have 1 more beer and then never have another, what would it be?
Tough question. Don't know if it's the best but Canadian breakfast stout is one of the best beers I've had in awhile.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So about 2 months ago, my 6 year old was diagnosed with celiac disease. As it is typically genetic, My wife has decided that we should both be tested to see if either of us have it. I went in for my physical last week. Today, my blood work came back. Mi tested positive for 1 of the 7 screenings. So, it doesn't mean I have it, but they want to look into it further.

A celiac diagnosis would shut down my beer drinking, so, in the event I have to lose all gluten, I want to get tastes of everything that I can. If you were told you could only have 1 more beer and then never have another, what would it be?
Wait.. you mean to tell me you're a grown man that drinks beer presumably with no side effects, but if a Dr. diagnosis you with celiac, you're gonna give up beer?!?!?!

Call me confused!

*I know nothing about celiac and what it can do to you if ignored
HAHAHA! I haven't given up anything yet, nor do I plan to. Just making an exit plan if the time comes. But before I reveal any of this to the rib, I am going to take out a couple of big bottles from the collection.

Seriously though, Celiac can eff you up if you ignore it. There is no cure. Once you have it, you have it forever. You can only treat the symptoms. To do that, you have to eliminate gluten.

Our niece had it.. Mom tested it time and time again, and it was always gluten that caused the rash and fever. She tested it once a year just to ensure it was an issue.

Sure enough 5 years later, no more side effects. She now ears gluten regularly.
Falcon85
AG
Yellow Rose is great, I try to find some on my trips to Houston- HEB is often a good bet.
Jock 07
AG
Any pro tips for zwanze day? I'm trying to figure out if I should try and watch the first half of the Nevada game before heading over to the bar or if I should go straight there. Hopefully it won't be as crazy in HI for a 9 AM tapping as it will be elsewhere.
62strat
AG
quote:
Heineken has reportedly bought half of Lagunitas

http://theweek.com/speedreads/576113/heineken-gets-hip-craft-beer-invests-lagunitas-brewing-company
Don't expect anything to change.. it may not be exactly what you're thinking

Article

quote:
HEINEKEN and Lagunitas will form a JOINT VENTURE and Lagunitas will continue to operate independently in the US and abroad, maintaining the integrity of its brews and culture. Tony Magee, founder of Lagunitas, will remain at the helm, with the same leadership and staff, same brewers, same recipes and same suppliers and distributors helping to drive the brand forward.

Both companies will benefit from the partnership. HEINEKEN provides Lagunitas with a global opportunity to present its beers to new communities and Lagunitas provides HEINEKEN with the opportunity to build a strong foothold in the dynamic Craft Brewing category on a global scale, a category that is growing in popularity almost everywhere now.

First up will be Mexico and an expanded footprint in the EU. Inside of 5 years our people and our brews will be doing things that were undreamt-of previously. Ten years from now? Well, who wouldn't want to do pint promotions in Belarus.?

Interesting paragraph on Heineken as well.. still family owned, they don't use any adjuncts, they own 165 breweries from 20K barrels to 13 million barrels..

Not that I'm going to be cracking open a flagship Heineken anytime soon.. But if I see their stamp on some brewery while visiting Belgium one day, I guess I won't shun it.

maca1028
Having Brett C for the first time tonight, it's pretty good.
dixie whiskey
AG
I really liked brett c, it stood out to me a little more than some of prairie's other recent farmhouse/sour stuff. picked up the 2 new real ale bombers today among others. drinking the iipa now, it's very tasty. love the inclusion of lemondrop hops. also excited to try the black quad.

tried some whole hog pumpkin ale, and was pretty surprised at how much I liked it. there's maybe 3 or 4 pumpkin beers I like out of however many thousand out there, and this one might top the list. much better flavor, use of spices, and texture/fullness than any others I've tried. unfortunately there were only 2 4 packs when I went to pick up some more, so looks like that's gotta get me through the season
docaggie
AG
I went on a pumpkin binge last fall, and of them all I liked whole hog's pretty much the best. Quite tasty. I also found it became more available as the season went on.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Anyone tried Prairie Okie yet? Picked up a bottle yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it.
dixie whiskey
AG
I intended to try okie but when I saw it was $16, I passed. short of scarlett Johansen bathing in it, I'm not exactly sure of what you could do to a whiskey aged brown ale to make it worth $16 a 12oz
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Had one this past week, despite the 12 dollar price tag. It was pretty tasty, though I'm so accustomed to their BBA stouts that the imperial brown can't quite compare. Still, it was a nice change of pace. Just wish they were a few bucks cheaper at least.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Damn, I would have passed at $16 a bottle too! I paid $12, which I think is already pretty outrageous.
BSD
AG
Attention JH: Temptation is now in stock at RRBC.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Attention JH: Temptation is now in stock at RRBC.

No plans to go to Cali anytime soon.
BSD
AG
I'm sure we can find a way to get a bottle or 12 down here.
jetch17
BSD
AG
So judging by Jetch's face, 24?
jetch17
jetch17
AG
I think I may have a baller tasty and snack on French laundry chocolates while watching the Ags tonight
BSD
AG
Fudge! I need to get those chocolate balls in my mouth!
jetch17
AG
I gotta get em to you, my old lady is eyeballin em
maca1028
Hudson2508
AG
Just splurged on 3 Prarie Bombs!, hope they were worth the price tag. Excited based on what I've read though.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I'm sure we can find a way to get a bottle or 12 down here.

maca1028
Game day drank
First Page Last Page
Page 749 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.