Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,409 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by 62strat
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Tough crowd! Do you people typically give someone this much grief over a ****ty filtered Untappd pic?

Just wait until you pass out in a chair...
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
Tough crowd! Do you people typically give someone this much grief over a ****ty filtered Untappd pic?

I brought so many high abv beers for my bottleshare stash. Someone is taking this crown this season
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
Any of you uppity beer snob dip****s going to the game this weekend, or are you all sitting at home again?

I'll be there... Want your Fen Tao?

Why yes I would.

We also need to find a place to hang and drink a few beers. Our spot is up in the air at this point since we got bumped to E.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
quote:

I brought so many high abv beers for my bottleshare stash. Someone is taking this crown this season

I'll get the artwork started
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Also no whiskey before noon when tailgating. None. Ever.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Also no whiskey before noon when tailgating. None. Ever.

Agreed
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Does Prairie Brett C age well or should I drink that shiz?
BattleReady
Tried the Flipside Red IPA, the last of my Sierra Nevada fall 12-pack. Pretty damn tasty!
La Fours
AG
Yeah, you want your bbhv?
La Fours
AG
I would say sort of. The brett c will continue to change the flavors of the beer over time. But how much or how good/bad it will be, I have no effing idea. If you can, buy another and drink one now and save one as an experiment. Tell your wife it's for science!
SecoKid
AG
Been sampling Oktoberfests over the last week. So far my rankings are:
1. Real Ale
2. Karbachtoberfest
3. Sierra Nevada
4. Freetail. Wasn't a fan of the Belgian yeast they used.
What is everyone else's favorite this year?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Karbachtoberfest followed by Karbachtoberfest and lastly Karbachtoberfest.
turfman80
AG
Seems like there is an official quorum for a tailgate this Saturday, even if we have to set up a card table in front of the Bush Library.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a damn good rule to abide by.

Give me my bailey's/coffee, tequila sunrises, Bloody Mary, screwdriver, before whiskey in the morning.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Tell your wife it's for science!
Chipotlemonger
AG
I haven't plunged on any Oktoberfest beers in store yet. Had Paulaner Oktoberfest at a bar a while back. Really like that one.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Seems like there is an official quorum for a tailgate this Saturday, even if we have to set up a card table in front of the Bush Library.
Ignore that thumbs down emoticon. Texags has no edit function for hamhanded users using an Ipad.
La Fours
AG
You behave a f&@?ing iPad but still rock a flip phone?
jah003
S
Power's out... Got nothing else to do but drink...
turfman80
AG
quote:
Old school !!!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:

This.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Old school !!!

So your iPad is actually an etch-a-sketch?
turfman80
AG
At least it was able to pull this up for me....

army01
AG
So about 2 months ago, my 6 year old was diagnosed with celiac disease. As it is typically genetic, My wife has decided that we should both be tested to see if either of us have it. I went in for my physical last week. Today, my blood work came back. Mi tested positive for 1 of the 7 screenings. So, it doesn't mean I have it, but they want to look into it further.

A celiac diagnosis would shut down my beer drinking, so, in the event I have to lose all gluten, I want to get tastes of everything that I can. If you were told you could only have 1 more beer and then never have another, what would it be?
La Fours
AG
Damn. That's a tough one. I would say to go after some Hill Farmstead IPA. Ephraim and Double Citra were amazing. And from what I can tell, they don't make a bad IPA. That's what I would seek out being an IPA fan boy. And of course Pliny.

Sucks your little boy has to deal with celiac. I hope you and your wife don't have it.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Count me in for something this weekend in College Station if something is going down!
AggieOO
quote:

It's still summer
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

I love Karbachtoberfest and it used to be my go-to tailgating beer, but after last season I decided to put it on the shelf. I determined that my tailgating with it was what was causing us to lose games. I'm pretty sure I'm about 0-7 tailgating with it for the last 2-3 years.

Switched the Buff Bayou's new Sam's Daily and Real's Hans Pils on Saturday with great success. Need to pick some up for this weekend.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Pliny would be supreme.

Personally, Signal de Botrange from Elevation is one I would consider.

I'd choose one of those 2 or one of Prairie Bible Belt or Apple Brandy Barrel Noir

Honestly, I'd wash it down my choice with a Hopadillo IPA and a tall Coors light. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Good luck, bud.
62strat
AG
quote:
So about 2 months ago, my 6 year old was diagnosed with celiac disease. As it is typically genetic, My wife has decided that we should both be tested to see if either of us have it. I went in for my physical last week. Today, my blood work came back. Mi tested positive for 1 of the 7 screenings. So, it doesn't mean I have it, but they want to look into it further.

A celiac diagnosis would shut down my beer drinking, so, in the event I have to lose all gluten, I want to get tastes of everything that I can. If you were told you could only have 1 more beer and then never have another, what would it be?
Wait.. you mean to tell me you're a grown man that drinks beer presumably with no side effects, but if a Dr. diagnosis you with celiac, you're gonna give up beer?!?!?!

Call me confused!

*I know nothing about celiac and what it can do to you if ignored
62strat
AG
quote:
That's a damn good rule to abide by.

Give me my bailey's/coffee, ...... before whiskey in the morning.
An Irishman would disagree!
army01
AG
quote:
Damn. That's a tough one. I would say to go after some Hill Farmstead IPA. Ephraim and Double Citra were amazing. And from what I can tell, they don't make a bad IPA. That's what I would seek out being an IPA fan boy. And of course Pliny.

Sucks your little boy has to deal with celiac. I hope you and your wife don't have it.
It's my daughter, but I appreciate it, Derek. She was having a lot of issues, so beer will be a no-go for her. Funny to sit in a meeting with doctors and nutritionists and have them tell you that your six year old should never drink beer...hard liquor is the way to go. Granted, they are just giving you all of the information needed for the future, but still strange.
BSD
AG
Poor girl. But kids are resilient. Since it will be part of her life from very early on, she will be used to it and deal with it easily. But still, poor thing. Good luck to you all!
Chipotlemonger
AG
If I couldn't have beer OR wine, and had to only drink liquor.... I just wouldn't like that.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

Wait.. you mean to tell me you're a grown man that drinks beer presumably with no side effects, but if a Dr. diagnosis you with celiac, you're gonna give up beer?!?!?!

Call me confused!

*I know nothing about celiac and what it can do to you if ignored
HAHAHA! I haven't given up anything yet, nor do I plan to. Just making an exit plan if the time comes. But before I reveal any of this to the rib, I am going to take out a couple of big bottles from the collection.

Seriously though, Celiac can eff you up if you ignore it. There is no cure. Once you have it, you have it forever. You can only treat the symptoms. To do that, you have to eliminate gluten.
First Page Last Page
Page 748 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.