Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,027 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
If anyone needs some Fen Tao I got mules on top of mules today... It would be a #goandpickitformebro. Email is username at shsu dot edu.
Jack Burton
AG
Give all your home brewing equipment to someone you don't like. Biggest damn addiction I've ever had.

Starts out innocently (as it always does) and before you know it- you have $500 sitting in a room and about 3K bottles (SLIGHT exaggeration) waiting to get rinsed and de-labeled all while trying to plan other fun things like tailgating

That being said...sweet Jeebus it's awesome to drink a beer you've made. Even the "so-so" beers have added happiness because YOU'VE made them
jah003
S
quote:
Give all your home brewing equipment to someone you don't like. Biggest damn addiction I've ever had.

Starts out innocently (as it always does) and before you know it- you have $500 sitting in a room and about 3K bottles (SLIGHT exaggeration) waiting to get rinsed and de-labeled all while trying to plan other fun things like tailgating

That being said...sweet Jeebus it's awesome to drink a beer you've made. Even the "so-so" beers have added happiness because YOU'VE made them
I can already think of about $150 worth of equipment I now "need". It'll certainly be a slippery slope.

I have a feeling this first batch will be "so-so", but I learned a lot along the way.
dave99ag
AG
I was kicked out of the kitchen with my homebrewing and now I have a small garage dedicated to the brewery. I blame my wife for all expenses incurred.
Jack Burton
AG
Don't have the setup to lager yet (budgeting for it as we speak) but made an "Oktoberfest" Ale last Sunday that should come in at a paltry 9.5%. So. Addictive.
jetch17
AG
Dank

maca1028
Shot you an email but it may have been too late
Jock 07
AG
jetch17
BSD
AG
You don't see those around much these days!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
You don't see those around much these days!
You really don't. I've only seen them here a couple of times over the past couple years. We really only see consecration and sometimes supplication here. I have one more temptation and a sanctification in the cellar. I picked up the sanctification last year on the way back home from GABF. That was the only time I have seen it in the state.
Represent830
AG
Man I can't wait to go to Russian River in March. Those look so good.
jetch17
AG
Not bad

Hudson2508
AG
Anyone interested in trading something for a Fen Tao? I have 4 and willing to trade 2. Would love to try a Biere de Syrah or Atrial Rubicite. I know Rubicite is probably hard to pry away but worth a try, in Austin if anyone is interested in a swap. Also willing to entertain non Texan beers.

maca1028
quote:
Dank

That **** is good
maca1028
Y'all are making me thirsty
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Anyone interested in trading something for a Fen Tao? I have 4 and willing to trade 2. Would love to try a Biere de Syrah or Atrial Rubicite. I know Rubicite is probably hard to pry away but worth a try, in Austin if anyone is interested in a swap. Also willing to entertain non Texan beers.

What kind of non Texan stuff you interested in?
Jock 07
AG
dixie whiskey
AG
just put down that stone thunderstruck, I really liked it. typical stone hop bomb but the nz hop profile made it pretty interesting. regarding inexpensive shelf beers, I really like the sierra nevada oktoberfest collaboration they did this year. much better than most of the 2500 or so other oktoberfest beers ive already seen on shelves. pretty cool concept collaborating with a different german brewery from various regions each year.

and if anyone struck out on vbbh, like several others here, I have a bottle or maybe two I'd part with in trade. after landing a couple and no longer looking, I saw 2 more in the cold section at Randalls sandwiched between some kind of angry orchard bull**** and giant "a-rita" cans/Heineken bombers and couldn't not buy them.
Scriffer
AG
Can anyone recommend a good bottle shop near the Heights? Going to be staying there for the game this weekend. Is there any Karbach or other local stuff worth grabbing now that BBVH is gone from shelves? A few Yellow Roses are all I currently have in the plan.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Can anyone recommend a good bottle shop near the Heights? Going to be staying there for the game this weekend. Is there any Karbach or other local stuff worth grabbing now that BBVH is gone from shelves? A few Yellow Roses are all I currently have in the plan.

D&Q is probably the best bottle shop in town, but it's not in the Heights.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/d-and-q-mini-mart-houston
Scriffer
AG
That doesn't look too far off, so I should be able to bounce down there. I appreciate it.
dave99ag
AG
Don't forget your skinny jeans and handlebar mustache while you're there.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Nightmare on First Street is a pretty legit pumpkin ale. They posted earlier that D&Q had gotten theirs.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

There's also Premium Draught on Studewood. I usually just buy bombers and haven't ever really paid attention to their bottle selection.

http://premiumdraught.com/
turfman80
AG
quote:
Growlers Beer and Wine To Go on Waugh has a decent bottle selection to go with, yes, growler fills from usually a very good list
Hudson2508
AG
Jock, email me at my username @ gmail.com

Would like to hear what you'd have to offer in a trade. I'm pretty open to any good beer that's hard to find in Texas.
AgEng06
AG
Scored a Pirate Noir this weekend at my local HEB. Not too bad...

NoneGiven
AG
If you find yourself in Westlake village CA, I highly recommend a trip to wades wines. They had quite the selection. Including a bottle of cascade nw Manhattan I couldn't bring myself to buy
BattleReady
Tried a couple of Innis & Gunn's offerings in the last week: original and rare oak pale ale. A little mellow for barrel-aged beers, but both very good. I'd go with the rare oak if I had to pick one.
maca1028
Jock 07
AG
Not sure about this. Not much coconut and extremely thin

NColoradoAG
quote:

So sour. Much pucker
maca1028
Yes, so sour
Chipotlemonger
AG
Never had a kriek. Where to start, Brooklyn K for Kriek?
First Page Last Page
Page 742 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.