Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,090 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by La Fours
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool. I'll can help facilitate something for the ASU game. What day are you coming into Houston?
jh0400
AG
quote:
Cool. I'll can help facilitate something for the ASU game. What day are you coming into Houston?

Are you tailgating?
BSD
AG
I don't know what my plan is yet. I have a few clients coming in and I'm not sure what time we are meeting up.
jh0400
AG
My wife and I are looking for somewhere to hang out for an hour or so before the game. We live to close to bother with setting up a tailgate, so crashing is my next best plan.
NColoradoAG
I fly into Austin late Friday. We'll be there to tailgate for a bit before the game Saturday. Heading back to CS after the game. Sounds like it may just be me and turfman drinking beers on Sunday. But he could flake too just like Jacob and Derek.
BSD
AG
My house is about a 5 minute detour from the route back to CS. Maybe we can figure something out.
BattleReady
Had a Polygamy Porter from Wasatch with dinner tonight. "Why have just one?" indeed.
jah003
S
quote:
I fly into Austin late Friday. We'll be there to tailgate for a bit before the game Saturday. Heading back to CS after the game. Sounds like it may just be me and turfman drinking beers on Sunday. But he could flake too just like Jacob and Derek.

Are you flying out of Austin/when are you leaving? I could grab a beer Sunday...
jetch17
AG
Stumbled on a whole endcap of BBHV at my local Kroger today. Figured I was too late, but good to get a couple unexpectedly
Stoli7
Drinking some 3 floyds at kumas! Cubs won. Great day
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Stumbled on a whole endcap of BBHV at my local Kroger today. Figured I was too late, but good to get a couple unexpectedly
Yeah, a friend in Dallas had requested some, there were about 20 of them at my local HEB. Neckbeards nowhere to be seen.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Are you flying out of Austin/when are you leaving? I could grab a beer Sunday...
I am flying in and out Austin. I don't fly home until Monday though.

I thought you said in our talkbeer convo that you couldn't make it.
maca1028
Last night of summer
maca1028
I'm a little late but NoCo or anyone else outside of the Houston looking for a bottle of BBHv I have an extra
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Been craving BB stuff for a while. Only thing I can find around Fort Worth is dragon's milk. It's ok but I'm ready for all the other ones.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am flying in and out Austin. I don't fly home until Monday though.

I thought you said in our talkbeer convo that you couldn't make it.
I won't be in CS or Houston... but I could meet up here in Austin. I even have Labor Day off...
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, a friend in Dallas had requested some, there were about 20 of them at my local HEB. Neckbeards nowhere to be seen.

In Dallas?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Sorry. In Houston. HEB at Westheimer & Kirkwood
army01
AG
quote:
Sorry. In Houston. HEB at Westheimer & Kirkwood
Man...I thought someone had pulled some strings and had something transferred up here!
Hugo Stiglitzz
For those interested, Smith St. Specs stills has a couple cases of FW Heldorado. Overheard an employee tell a guy the bottle is $20.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Just got back from a trip up to San Francisco, Napa, and Santa Rosa. Brought back a lot of delicious wine as well, but I figured that wasn't picture worthy anyways. Got to visit Russian River for the first time along with Rare Barrel, along with sampling a lot of Cellarmaker, Lost Abbey, and others. Russian River lived up to all expectations and more. Rare Barrel is fantastic as well if you ever get the chance to visit.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
For those interested, Smith St. Specs stills has a couple cases of FW Heldorado. Overheard an employee tell a guy the bottle is $20.
I wasn't as impressed with the heldorado. All the other proprietor reserve stuff is much better imo.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Got. Damn.
Represent830
AG
Anyone going to Freetail's bottle release this Saturday morning?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/6s_mDKx-BQ

What a coincidence
Finally was able to get my hands on a heady. So much better than Pliny IMO.

steve00
AG

The last Pliny and Blind Pig from my haul last month. Due to some unexpected travel, my 2 Pliny per day plan was a little behind, so these should have been drain pours. They were still pretty good though.

Luckily I have plenty of supplication and consecration that hasn't gone bad yet.
Jock 07
AG
Sounds like falling rock is going to be a **** show (not that it isn't always) Sat night of GABF with Troy Casey tapping a bunch of his stuff there.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Sounds like falling rock is going to be a **** show (not that it isn't always) Sat night of GABF with Troy Casey tapping a bunch of his stuff there.

I think Freshcraft will be worse on Thursday for the Casey/Side Project tappings event.
NoneGiven
AG
Anyone cracked a bottle of 512 Funky Kingston?
Jock 07
AG
NColoradoAG
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/1VcHjH8.jpg

BattleReady
Tried a Scottish Ale from Belhaven -- not bad at all for my first Scottish beer.
gordo97
AG
went to Kroger today to pick up a few groceries and came across Clown Shoes Rexx (Imperial Red aged in BB).... the bottle would not ring up at the check out and cashier didn't know the price..... so they called the manager who took one look at the impatient looking line of people behind me and rung up the bottle as $2.99 "general wine/beer"..... SCORE!!!!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Umm, which Kroger. My roommate and I love that beer and maybe the incompetence lightning strikes twice.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I second Spacetime's comment above^^^^ Would like to know that Kroger and get in on the action.
First Page Last Page
Page 739 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.