Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,650 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Chipotlemonger
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a 2013 goose Island Sofie. Is is that Drinkable? Not sure how that style ages.
jah003
S
quote:
Got a 2013 goose Island Sofie. Is is that Drinkable? Not sure how that style ages.

It'll be fine. Sofie ages quite well actually...
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:

It'll be fine. Sofie ages quite well actually...

Thanks. I'm a n00b to beer aging.
NColoradoAG
How plentiful is the bbh vanilla? Got some of thr CO crew interested. Casey and crooked stave could be provided in return.
La Fours
AG
Not sure. The Karbach sales guy I asked tonight wasn't sure. The HEB by my house only got 2 cases yesterday. And it was sold out before I could get to the store last night. If more shows up, I'll grab a couple bottles for you.
CollinAB
AG
Hey, Tate Martell. I'll drink some Yellow Rose to that.
Scriffer
AG
BSD
AG
quote:
How plentiful is the bbh vanilla? Got some of thr CO crew interested. Casey and crooked stave could be provided in return.

I'll swing by my HEB/Specs and look tomorrow. I wish I had known earlier this week, as I passed on the offerings (bought wine I won't drink instead).
Jock 07
AG
quote:

That and batch 60 are still by far my favorite CS stuff.
Scriffer
AG
Yup, it's pretty close to perfect.
BSD
AG
quote:
That and batch 60 are still by far my favorite CS stuff.

I think batch 60 is the one I really liked at the bottle share last year. So damn good. I need to find another.
army01
AG
So the rib is out of town this week, so I decided to take inventory and straighten up the beer cabinet. I don't think she would be too happy if she knew I had almost $2k in beer up there. Some dick swinging pics...

Inspector Spacetime
AG
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
I don't have a cellar of desirables, but bought a few BBHV and would be willing to trade one and throw in the freshest Yellow Rose I can find if you've got something a beer trading newb won't have seen before in Houston. PM me if you want to discuss.
dixie whiskey
AG
lone pint gentlemans relish tonight. English style brown ale. one of the most underrated styles imo, and they pull it off pretty well. id see myself drinking this a lot more regularly if available in 4/6 packs though. still pretty tasty
Chipotlemonger
AG
Very nice
AggieOO
quote:
i've not been able to track any down in austin yet.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Pak's convenience store at W Alabama and Flora in Houston has 7 Prairie Pirate Noir remaining for $11.99, limit one per customer. Just left there about half an hour ago.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Southwest Parkway Market had some when I went by yesterday. Also picked up a Pirate Noir.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
i've not been able to track any down in austin yet.
Try Rosedale Market if the suggestion above fails
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Pak's convenience store at W Alabama and Flora in Houston has 7 Prairie Pirate Noir remaining for $11.99, limit one per customer. Just left there about half an hour ago.

Blowing up the spot.
maca1028
11.99 for one 12oz
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've bought a few Prairies 12ozers for that kind of price. I'm done with those expensive little *******s for a while.

Really fun to try but damn.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
That's what Prairie usually costs me here in Houston. Non-barrel-aged Bomb is their cheapest imp stout single and usually it's at least $8. Expensive but most of the bomb and noir variations have been worth it.

What is the thumbs down and "blowing up the spot" comment about? Thought I was being helpful.
La Fours
AG
I'm guessing you outed his honey hole.
maca1028
I'm not knocking you, I've done it before and almost got a bottle this time, I have just gotten to a point where prairie isn't worth the price tag to me
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Hub05
AG
My first de garde haul from a buddy who went to the brewery last week. Growlers are Barley Brown IPAs

Scriffer
AG
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Haha, didn't consider that HNIC. My bad
BattleReady
Had an Au Golden Ale from American River with lunch today. Not generally partial to the style, but it had some nice crisp, citrusy flavors.
maca1028
Barley Browns IPA is such an awesome beer, nice haul dude!
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/6s_mDKx-BQ
BSD
AG
So did you get your Karbach taken care of or should we keep looking?
NColoradoAG
quote:
So did you get your Karbach taken care of or should we keep looking?
I think I'm good between inspector space time and lafours, but if anyone wants to do another one or two just for cash we'd be in.

I may need to proxy the deal with inspector if he can't make the ASU game
First Page Last Page
Page 738 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.