Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,552 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by Chipotlemonger
Ashley96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We found 4 unopened cans of Dammit Jim in the New Republic parking lot the other night. Yes, we took them home with us!

We are currently turned onto the Fistful of Unidragon Russian Imperial Stout. It's damn good stuff.
cc10106
I haven't been impressed with BWD's beers, but it's been a while, and I like their setup. Washbanger's is a good spot, and Rough Draught at Northgate just opened or will shortly. They're a whiskey bar, but I've been told they will have plenty craft beer. Definitely visit New Republic if you can, and they always have a good variety available on draft in the taproom. Look for their coffee porter and imperial stout if you go. Rio Brazos distillery is also next door to them.
NColoradoAG
New barrel aged speedway stout is nails.

https://instagr.am/p/6RHIZ_R-DV
BattleReady
Thank you for all of the replies. Even with the possibility of a curb-stomping, I'm still excited to see my Wolf Pack's first visit to SEC country!

If any of you find yourself in my neck of the woods, drop me a message with any questions you might have.
Jock 07
AG
Enjoy your time, just don't expect to be able to find anyone who knows how to make a picon.
62strat
AG
Enjoying a DFH festina peche on the back deck on this beautiful day. Man I could suck these down one after another.
Jock 07
AG
Trying to track down some Black Project stuff, do they distribute at all in the Denver metro? I know former future hasn't made it down here yet. Also, anyone have an opinion on them?
turfman80
AG
Yeah, I know it's 100 degrees outside, but I couldn't wait any longer to sample some Colo. beers brought back from vacation. very nice!!

LaFours, I have one set aside for you the next time we cross paths.
Hub05
AG
La Fours
AG
You are too kind. Thank you.
cc10106

I wanna go back to Asheville.
dave99ag
AG
Wicked Weed's Funkatorium is awesomeness.
BattleReady
Yeah, it's a drawback we're all familiar with here. The places outside of northern Nevada that even know about picon punch -- much less make one -- can be counted on one hand.
BSD
AG
Blueballed

AgEng06
FTACO97
AG
quote:
Well I popped my cherry and see what so many of Yall have... Great time at RRBC

Where was this at?
AgEng06
AG
Russian River Brewing Co., Santa Rosa, CA
FTACO97
AG
quote:
Russian River Brewing Co., Santa Rosa, CA
Ah, thought it might be something local. I was like "I'm headed there Saturday!" Oh well.
cc10106
quote:
Wicked Weed's Funkatorium is awesomeness.
Yessir. I was already thoed by the time we rolled up there after having already visited Sierra Nevada, WW's brew pub, Catawba, and Twin Leaf. Next time I know where I'm going first.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I made the decision that I'm going to drink all of the beer in my fridge and pantry before I buy any new beer. All of those one little dudes left over from a random 6-pack that someone brings over. The Heinekens my mother in law left in the fridge. The ciders we bought for my wife's cousins from England. The hefes & wits that my wife likes, but who is now gluten free.

The night before last I drank my last IPA, there's a little bit of good stuff left in there, but it's gonna be a long month or so of *****ly Pears, Heineken, old Christmas beer and wheat beers.

Hopefully I have 12 Pliny's showing up on my doorstep next Monday.
Jason_Ag98
AG
You're not going to let those Plinys sit for a month while you drink the crappy beer are you?!
ChipFTAC01
AG
No, the Pliny's will buoy me through my month long trudge through mediocrity. They're already 3 weeks old. Getting them back from California has turned into an ordeal.
PhiAggie
AG
Recently enjoyed Scuttle Mutt Baltic Porter from Bellingham, Wa.

So dark and thick I could chew it. Delicious!
AgEng06
AG
quote:
No, the Pliny's will buoy me through my month long trudge through mediocrity. They're already 3 weeks old. Getting them back from California has turned into an ordeal.
Hell, might as well be a drain pour by then. Why don't you go ahead and forward them to my address and I'll dispose of them for you.
BSD
AG
quote:
Blueballed

Huuuuuuuuu!!!!!

I'm going to need a Kleenex.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
Hell, might as well be a drain pour by then. Why don't you go ahead and forward them to my address and I'll dispose of them for you.

At the brewery the only Pliny I got was 2 2 oz samples. We had to cut our stay short, so I didn't get to sit and savor a pint or three. Next week will be a blissful, hoppy nightly indulgence.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:
Blueballed

Huuuuuuuuu!!!!!

I'm going to need a Kleenex.

My dear lord.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Whoa
BSD
AG
I can't drink much so I had a taster of Supplication and Consecration, a taste of Ales for ALS (an ipa), and a Pliny to wash down my mother ****ing Drew Bites. A damn fine lunch.

(Even better was hiking the giant redwoods at Armstrong Sate Park this morning with my son)
jetch17
AG
I dug the Ales for ALS
BSD
AG
As did I.
BSD
AG
Today RRBC haul:

4 Consecration (keeping the vertical going, not pictured)

4 Supplication (keeping the vertical going...not pictured)

Shadow of a Doubt (released in 2013 and my buddy has been holding on to it all this time):

And some Pliny that is already too old for neckbeard standards:

The reserve bottle of the day was a Batch 4 Sanctification but my buddy I was with is a winemaker and despises Brett so he wouldn't split it with me. I have some old Sanc at home anyways so didn't mind passing on it. He did mess with my head a bit though and said the bottle of the day was Batch 4 Beat...I almost beat him. *******.
La Fours
jah003
S
8/13... F that noise... You gotta drain pour man. And by drain I mean my mouth and by pour I mean pour.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Epic! Will have to remember to ask about the reserve bottle when I'm up there in a week! That Pliny be fresh though.
First Page Last Page
Page 734 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.