Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,334 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FancyKetchup14
Whoop04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know
Jock 07
AG
I have some pretty kickass friends who hauled these back for me from when they were in Belgium for some music festival

Oh yea, apparently icing is still a thing
docaggie
AG
quote:
I have some pretty kickass friends who hauled these back for me from when they were in Belgium for some music festival

Oh yea, apparently icing is still a thing

Sing it with me.
Which one of these is not like the other...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
If anyone is ever unlucky enough to have to drive through Oklahoma I recommend Endless Skyway Extra Special Bitter (ESESB) by Black Mesa Brewing.

It's aged in cognac barrels for 7 months and is one of the top beers I've tried.
Whoop04
Is that a barrel aged Smirnoff ice?
dave99ag
AG
Sitting at a draft house on Mackinac Island in Michigan enjoying Dragon's Milk and a Bell's offshoot Upper Hand UPX. It's 70 degrees outside. Not a bad Thursday at all!
Mustang1
AG
quote:
Sitting at a draft house on Mackinac Island in Michigan enjoying Dragon's Milk and a Bell's offshoot Upper Hand UPX. It's 70 degrees outside. Not a bad Thursday at all!
is mackinac living up to the hype? 70 degrees got my attention.
Jock 07
AG
Pumpkin beers are already out here
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've got no problem with that. I love pumpkin beers.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
quote:
is mackinac living up to the hype? 70 degrees got my attention.

It's pretty darn awesome up here. I really enjoyed hiking and exploring the UP (Tahquamenon Falls). The island itself is quite the tourist trap, but had one place with the best tap selection in the area. We opted to not stay on the island and are in Machinaw City instead. Heading down south for the remainder of the week.
Mustang1
AG
Grand Rapids seems to be worth a visit as well.
SecoKid
AG
Yellow Rose tonight for national IPA day! Mmmmmm
jh0400
AG
Had a Saint A Art Car IPA earlier at Hay Merchant. It was actually pretty good.
maca1028
Me too...

And I can't wait for this

Hudson2508
AG
Just tried a Bourbon County Barleywine at Banger's, Amazing beer. They had a ton of stuff on tap leftover from last weekend. May need to go back tonight.
jetch17
AG
A fine afternoon

Also, a 2014 cable car!
Jock 07
AG
Jealous
Jock 07
AG
Picked these up today. Any Colorado folks have any experience with the Brett loves citra?

Had the helldorado a couple years ago at the barrel works taproom and am trying to remember how it was. Went ahead and grabbed it as I know all the other proprietors reserve stuff is money.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Picked these up today. Any Colorado folks have any experience with the Brett loves citra?

Had the helldorado a couple years ago at the barrel works taproom and am trying to remember how it was. Went ahead and grabbed it as I know all the other proprietors reserve stuff is money.
Brett Loves Citra is easily the best brett pale ale ever made, and quite possibly the most delicious beer I have ever tasted.

Been trading locally like mad to obtain as much of that juice as possible.
NColoradoAG
There's also been some interesting drama with Casey being sold in the Springs. Where did you buy your bottle?
BSD
AG
Niiiiiiiiice.
jetch17
AG
Wish it woulda been off premise, but on only
Jock 07
AG
What kind of drama?
turfman80
AG
I was through Colo. Springs twice last week, on the lookout for stellar brews including Casey, so if it alluded me through some kind of internal 'conspiracy' , I will be pissed!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Not Your Father's Root Beer is unbelievably sweet. I like it but I'll probably be sharing future bottles. I like sweet, but damn.
MathNewman06
AG
Had Brash Cortado imperial breakfast stout at the release they had for it at hay merchant this morning. Best coffee beer I've had.
jetch17
AG
BSD
AG
Why do I picture Jetch going all Jimmy Burke on us and getting that Pliny Lufanthsa style?
jetch17
AG
Well I popped my cherry and see what so many of Yall have... Great time at RRBC

62strat
AG
quote:
Is that a barrel aged Smirnoff ice?
just throw a warheads in there for the sour version.
NoneGiven
AG
Speaking of sour versions. Just cracked a Sour Brainless on Peaches. Much better than the standard Brainless on Peaches.
dave99ag
AG
Sitting about 100' behind home plate for a Tigers game. Al Kaline just gave my father inlaw an autographed ball. "Enjoying" a Labatt Blue Light. Think I see Bell's Oberon in my future to cleanse my palate. Enjoy your Saturday!
turfman80
AG
quote:

7/31... hmmmm. Borderline.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Enjoying some brews at Flying Saucer Addison.

I can definitely tell a difference between looking at the menu now and when I started really getting into craft beer. I recognize most all of the menu and know what I'm looking for.

My gf suggested coming here today, I think she's a keeper.

What solid triple IPAs are our there? Had my 1st one the other night. Enjoyed it.

jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:

7/31... hmmmm. Borderline.

OLD!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 732 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.