Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,025 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Heading to coeur d'alene idaho this weekend, anything I should keep an eye out for?
Love that place. There is a brewery in town called Tricksters I believe. I don't remember much about it other than it was cool to have some local beers. Lot of little bars to stop in for beer but I seem to remember Capone's and Moon Time being best.

And ya if you play golf the course is awesome and a ton of fun.

Thanks for the info. We're actually on Hayden lake which is just north. I'll have to check out the town sometime this week. We are playing golf just not exactly sure where.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Yeah. They have one keg they're tapping at 1. They tweeted they still have bottles so I guess we'll see. We should be there around 130.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
quote:
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad270/mbole11/ACC392A0-ACE3-4A43-9A2F-7750DFC648DE_zpsoxckmcp3.jpg

JK Provenance. Ale fermented with Lemon and Lime. The citrus comes through great as it warms up.

Drinking the grapefruit orange version now. Not my favorite JK, but not bad.

Drinking the Grapefruit orange now. Definitely prefer the lemon lime. I can barely taste the grapefruit or orange in this one.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Still bottles left of Syrah. No line. Keg was already gone though.
turfman80
AG
Took my bottle of West Ashley on our Colorado vacation to celebrate in case my sons and I were able to summit Longs Peak. We did, so we did!

CollinAB
AG
Picking over the leftovers from Banger's anniversary party tonight. Still some fantastic stuff hanging around.
jah003
S
quote:
Picking over the leftovers from Banger's anniversary party tonight. Still some fantastic stuff hanging around.
That's the way to do it. Went on Saturday last year and it was a CF of epic proportions... plus the hipster stench was overwhelming.
CollinAB
AG
For sure. Still had some Uncle Jacob's and Rumpkin, as well as the BCB Barleywine and some Brimstone Bomb. Also had the Real Ale Mysterium Verum Tenebrae Aeterna. That was some surprisingly good stuff.
BattleReady
Had a Midas Touch from Dogfish Head this afternoon. I don't enjoy everything they put out, but it's always an interesting beer experience.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've heard extremely varied reviews on that one.
BattleReady
quote:
I've heard extremely varied reviews on that one.

It's pretty divisive for sure. I gave it a 3.5/5 on Untappd, but it could've just as easily been a 2.5 or 4.5. It's worth a try either way -- just wish it wasn't $12 for a 4-pack here in Nevada.
maca1028
For some of you guys that go to San Francisco a lot, where are some good places to stay outside the city? My wife and I are looking for ideas for 10 yr anniversary and she has brought up SF a couple of times.
ChipFTAC01
AG
The Westin in DT Napa is nice and right next to some cool stuff
La Fours
AG
How was your trip out there?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I keep meaning to write it up, but I've been busy. The gist is, very nice. Hit up RRBC Friday before last. Had a sampler. Didn't get to have anything else because my uncle apparently passed out in the alley and hit his head. I've got a 12-pack of Pliny hopefully being delivered sometime this week. Watched a guy drop a 12-pack of Pliny steps after walking out the back door.
BSD
AG
quote:
For some of you guys that go to San Francisco a lot, where are some good places to stay outside the city? My wife and I are looking for ideas for 10 yr anniversary and she has brought up SF a couple of times.
Outside the city can be north (Napa/Sonoma), south (monterey), or east (oakland thug life). What area are you leaning towards?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Also had a bunch of good beer in Canada. Great brewpub in Banff and found a Calgary brewery called Big Rock that I really enjoyed a number of their beers.
jh0400
AG
quote:

I have a general rule that I stay in the place that I want to visit. I wouldn't go visit Manhattan and stay in Brooklyn, and I wouldn't go visit San Francisco and stay in Novato. That being said, SF hotels can be pricey, and depending on what's going on in the city (like Dreamforce; if you're thinking of going anytime between 9-15 and 9-18, go somewhere else), it can get completely ridiculous. If you're looking to see some of SF but not stay there, take an early flight from Houston, land around 9:00, have lunch and see the touristy stuff, and head out to Napa, Sonoma, Santa Rosa, Calistoga, etc. I recommend spending a weeknight in Santa Rosa drinking fresh Pliny from the tit. Add in some Drew Bites or Pliny Bites, and it can be a very enjoyable evening.
maca1028
North
BSD
AG
Once you get north of SF, it really isn't a SF trip anymore. But that can be a good thing. Sausilito is nice. Forestville Inn is north of there and has a great restaurant and it a cool place to stay. There's a Hyatt in Santa Rosa that's about 1/2 mile from RRBC. The Flamingo Hotel is a good place to stay too. Healdsburg is a cool little town north of Santa Rosa and is close to wineries. And then there's Napa Valley...
maca1028
Pricey was the first thing I noticed when I looked at SF hotels, we would like to be somewhere out north but not too far of a drive from the city
maca1028
Thanks, I'll look into some of those
jh0400
AG
quote:
Pricey was the first thing I noticed when I looked at SF hotels, we would like to be somewhere out north but not too far of a drive from the city

You can fly in, spend the day seeing the city, and still be in Santa Rosa by 5 pm. That's the way I like to do it.
BSD
AG
Or try Priceline. I do that a lot in SF because the city is so small and I have no brand preference to hotels there.
maca1028
We will likely stay outside the city BSD, and drive into the city for a day to hit some touristy spots. Haven't even made up our minds yet but when she mentioned SF my first thought was RRBC.
NColoradoAG
When I hear SF I think Sante Adarius
maca1028
quote:
When I hear SF I think Sante Adarius

Yes, that too
cc10106
quote:
Also had the Real Ale Mysterium Verum Tenebrae Aeterna. That was some surprisingly good stuff.
Tenebrae, Scots Gone Wild, and The Kraken from the MV series are some of the best Texas brews around. Hopefully Real Ale will bottle them at some point.
Jock 07
AG
Not too bad

jetch17
AG
1 day til toronado, 3 til RRBC
BattleReady
Had a Haymaker from a Shiner variety pack and it's...OK. Not great. Not terrible. Just OK.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Had a Haymaker from a Shiner variety pack and it's...OK. Not great. Not terrible. Just OK.
Not a bad Shiner. That and the Bohemian black are good out of that pack...but damn if some of the other stuff isn't plain bad.
turfman80
AG
I consider drinking any kind of Shiner at least a venial sin.
Whoop04
The worst part of living in Texas is always having to drink shiner at parties, because its either that or a miller lite.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
The worst part of living in Texas is always having to drink shiner at parties, because its either that or a miller lite.
You need to find better parties.
First Page Last Page
Page 731 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.