Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,096 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
SecoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll have to pick up a few bottles then. Any shelf bottles around here worth bringing back or should i just load up at Russian River? Ive got a wine check. We went to the Caf (no prix fixe menu) portion of Chez Panisse, and it was great. They had an apricot gallete with ice cream that I will be dreaming about for years. No other foodie dinners until Bouchon Bistro on Sunday night!
BSD
AG
Cool. I've been meaning to check it out but we have so many other places we go to out there and never seem to be in that area.

If in SF, go to Tony's Napoltena for lunch. The Margherita pizza is awesome. Also, check out the fried chicken at Addendum (the shed behind Ad Hoc) when you are in Yountville. I think they are open Sunday. Grab it for an appetizer before lunch. Best fried chicken I've ever had.

I'd load up on RRBC and SARA...and growlers of Cellarmaker.
maca1028
Sounds like a bad ass trip so far seco. Not much to report here in Oregon yet, heading out to Canon Beach today and then down to coast to Tillamook and de garde. Sometime this weekend I'll hit downtown Portland for cascade, HoD, and Belmont.
army01
AG
God, I need a beercation. Jealous of these trips.

Maybe after I finish with school and take the kids to Disney. Disney has beer, right?!?!
Scriffer
AG
Epcot definitely does
dave99ag
AG
Around the World beer drinking at Epcot is quite an experience. Go see Crush and Turtle Talk buzzed. You'll have more fun than the kiddos.

Plus a lot of the hotels on property have good beer. Jai Alai isn't too hard to find.
jah003
S
Currently working on a spreadsheet... be looking for instructions this afternoon/evening.
army01
AG
quote:
Around the World beer drinking at Epcot is quite an experience. Go see Crush and Turtle Talk buzzed. You'll have more fun than the kiddos.

Plus a lot of the hotels on property have good beer. Jai Alai isn't too hard to find.
Awesome.
Hudson2508
AG
Picked up four different bottles of Cantillon today in Paris. Going to try and bring three of them back in a checked bag. We'll see how it goes since I've never tried it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Godspeed.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Currently working on a spreadsheet... be looking for instructions this afternoon/evening.

La Fours
AG
Nice. Wrap them in tshirts and pack plenty of clothing around them. Maybe swipe a couple hotel towels to wrap them in. Good luck.
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks, the store bubble wrapped them so I'm hoping with that and me wrapping them in some shirts I should be OK.

Going to crack open the bottle of Iris tomorrow to celebrate 5 years of marriage. Never had it so I'm pretty excited.
jah003
S
Ok... spreadsheet is ready to go. If you'd like something, please send me an email at: jah 003 at shsu dot edu

I'll shoot you back an email with the spreadsheet link. I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP, but I do have an 11 month old... Could be another round depending on how well this first round goes.
Scriffer
Whoop04
For my fellow hop-heads out there, I saw Stone Ruinten at HEB in BCS.
La Fours
AG
I drank one of those yesterday that I picked up at Tower Point HEB.
Jock 07
AG
2013 vintage. Past its prime. No carbonation at all

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
2014 Prairie Bomb tonight. As always, fantastic.

Trying to get rid of some aging beers to make room for the beers I brought back from Vancouver.
NColoradoAG
quote:
2013 vintage. Past its prime. No carbonation at all

http://i.imgur.com/YoDZOFC.jpg

it's port/lost abbey, there's always a 50/50 chance your beer will have no carbonation. Only brewery that is worse is hair of the dog.
Jock 07
AG
Well **** I hope I don't get screwed on my bottle of Angel's share. Was going to pick up red poppy next time it drops here but maybe I'll pass now.
aggiemike02
AG
email sent!
aggiemike02
AG
damn it - i have one of those in the fridge!!!
BSD
AG
I have a 2011 Older Viscosity somewhere in the cellar. I wonder how that's holding up.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I found an '09 Avery Hog Heaven in my beer fridge the other day... Is that even drinkable?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Avery Blind Pig
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
quote:
Avery Blind Pig

Ha. Got my Pig beers mixed up... It's the barleywine, Hog Heaven.
AgEng06
AG
Ah... to be fair I had to look twice, and wondered if there was some kind of collaboration I didn't know about.
army01
AG
quote:
I found an '09 Avery Hog Heaven in my beer fridge the other day... Is that even drinkable?
It's a barely wine, so my guess is it is fine. I don't think that one could get any more barelywine-ish...drink that whole bottle, and your chest hair will grow chest hair.
aggiemike02
AG
the st arnold devine reserve 10's (from 2010) are still great
Hudson2508
AG

Yep, the Cantillon Iris is excellent.

Stoli7
Picked up a 4 pack of the O'Dell blackberry goze and some bockslider.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Enjoying my first Canadian beer brought back. Kind of a pale ale with spruce tip hops. Only 4.5%. Overall the beer in Vancouver was pretty good. They do a bunch of IPAs in the style of the rest PNW, but with seemingly less abv.

Jock 07
AG
Iris is the only cantillon I've had and it was on tap and damn good.
SecoKid
AG
Not a bad shelf turd here in Santa Cruz. Imperial Biscotti Break on deck. SARA tomorrow!

First Page Last Page
Page 716 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.