Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,079 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by La Fours
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there's anything in Houston you want me to pick up for you, La Fours, let me know.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 5/5/2012 2:37p).]
La Fours
AG
That's awesome BSD. If you come across any Black Butte 23 or The Stoic would love a couple bottles of each.
La Fours
AG
I'd like to add some Karbach ipa as well.
jh0400
AG
I just opened my second Endeavour of the afternoon. It's quite possibly my favorite St A brew.
La Fours
AG
Endeavor didn't really do it for me. But it is the best SA beer I've had.
713nervy
AG
Found some Stoic, but I don't think that I will see you until football comes around again!
713nervy
AG
quote:
I just opened my second Endeavour of the afternoon. It's quite possibly my favorite St A brew.

2 bombers of DIPA? Prepare for that hangover tomorrow.
WC87
AG
I may knock out a Hop Stoopid and an Endeavor bomber this evening.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm trying to get rid of the hangover I woke up with this morning.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Light weight.
713nervy
AG
You betcha.
BSD
AG
quote:
That's awesome BSD. If you come across any Black Butte 23 or The Stoic would love a couple bottles of each.

I can get you done on the BB 23. Haven't seen any Stoic lately though. And Karbach is always available so that is no problem.
BSD
AG
Anybody at Petrol for Drinking Made Easy? I couldn't make it but was thinking of swinging by late night after a wine dinner if they are still around.
La Fours
AG
BSD - you are a gentleman and a booze scholar. I thank you. Let me know how much and I can PayPal you or whatever.
AgDrumma07
AG
quote:
Anybody at Petrol for Drinking Made Easy? I couldn't make it but was thinking of swinging by late night after a wine dinner if they are still around.

I can't believe I didn't know about this.
713nervy
AG
Today has had in store...

Corona (lolz)
DFH Palo Santo
Kwak in the most attention seeking glassware of all time.
Chatoe Rogue Dirtoir Black Lager 24oz
Redstone sunshine nectar

Ordered a Lagunitas IPA and Southern Star Bombshell Blonde for the bottle-breaker. He is a big bag of p\/ssyface.
aggiespartan
AG
quote:
Ordered a Lagunitas IPA and Southern Star Bombshell Blonde for the bottle-breaker. He is a big bag of p\/ssyface.

you should bring him to Portland next time.
hbc07
AG
had lagunitas ipa for lunch, margaritas for dinner, and tecate for desert woooo.

spent post dinner bottling up my first batch of beer (nut brown ale). had a sip, it was delicious.
La Fours
AG
Yesterday I had some Dos Equis and a bomber of Laughing Dog Rocketdog Rye IPA. It was really good.
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD - you are a gentleman and a booze scholar. I thank you. Let me know how much and I can PayPal you or whatever.

Don't sweat it. We can settle up at delivery.
La Fours
AG

I really enjoyed this beer. It is lighter in color than I expected.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Found some Stoic, but I don't think that I will see you until football comes around again!

If you are willing to pick it up I'd be willing to pay for it now and wait until football to pick it up.
wasabi1787
AG

This is a pretty excellent IPA. The smell of this brew is quite pleasant, I must say.
jetch17
AG
Picked up some more Deviant in Houston today at Bunker

AgDrumma07
AG
Solid jetch.
BSD
AG
Impromptu gourmet burger & Bouchon pomme frites night at the BSD house!  Beers consumed:

Mikkeller 10 (IPA)
3 Floyds Gumballhead wheat
Mikkeller Chinook single hop IPA
Jolly Pumpkin calabaza Blanca (artisan white ale...barrel aged)
Alchemist/Ninkasi/Stone More Brown than Black IPA
3 Floyds Alpha King pale ale (2 of these)
Real Ale Fireman's 4
Real Ale Phoenix double esb
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
And some wine...

NColoradoAG

Been drinking a new barrel aged beer for every Game of Thrones episode this year. This is a beer fit for the king in the north. Simply fantastic. Great Divide has hit another home run.

This is the 2012 release. Huge vanilla, caramel, and bourbon on the nose. Sweet, creamy, flavor with hints of raisin and cherry. Finished clean with some smoke and bourbon. This is even better than this years Sucaba from Firestone Walker. And now for some Game of Thrones.

Edit, enjoying this with some Aggie brand beef jerky. Great pairing.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/6/2012 10:22p).]
jetch17
AG
BSD, you b***h
713nervy
AG
quote:
quote:

If you are willing to pick it up I'd be willing to pay for it now and wait until football to pick it up.

Easy enough. And if you find some between now and then then I guess I'll just have to drink it. Darn.

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 5/6/2012 10:44p).]
Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER TIME!

I happened to eyeball this new seasonal from Brooklyn Brewery in my local HEB and picked up a single for sampling. Oddly, there is not much on the interwebs about this beer, or at least the new labeling for this beer. As best I can tell this is Brooklyn's weisse with a new label. There was not a listing for it out on Beer Advocate when I checked.

Ok, so it's Brooklyn's hefe. It has all the normal look and nose of a Bavarian wheat beer. Plenty of foamy white head and citrus nose. The brew is good and I would take it over many other hefe offerings but it's not quite there with a Franzy. I would like to compare this one to a Sierra Nevada Kellerweise. Hefe lovers should pick this one up and grade it for yourself.

Enjoy great brews my friends!

army01
AG
Real Ale Phoenixx Double ESB tonight:

BSD
AG
quote:
BSD, you b***h

Suck it! Forgot to add the Collaboration Not Litigation to the list. Burgers and fries were just solid. Used pretzel buns ala Kuma's.
jah003
S
Having a sweetwater 420 and watching the storms roll in...
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
HEB was having a tasting of the Brooklyn Wheat that Marooned tried. As a lover of Hefes,it gets a solid "meh" from me. Of course it was a small sample, so maybe not the best opinion.
For me, a fresh Karback Weiss-Versa or a fresh Live Oak Hefe is the best I've had of the style.
AggieOO
Mbole - give circle blur a try if you haven't. I think its up there with the live oak.
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.