Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,098 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Jock 07
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Had the Hop Rod Rye last night... delicious!
La Fours
AG
quote:
WTF is a top ten beer. Your mouth will orgasm.

Awesome.

This is up first. My first ever sour. It is very good.
AggieOO
Wtf is good, but not orgasm in your mouth good.
BSD
AG
La Fours, where did you find the Collaboration?
BSD
AG
Pouring out a little Pliny tonight for MCA.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:

I saw it just the other day at the wesleyan specs and the Beldens on chimney rock/north braeswood.

Did you say you snagged the black butte 23 at the spring valley specs? I've been on the lookout for more with no luck.
BSD
AG
Looks like I'm heading down south. And yes, just left Specs again about an hour or so ago and they had at least 8 Black Butte 23s left.
La Fours
AG
quote:

College Station Specs has had it for a little while now.
La Fours
AG
I will have to ask at the CS specs if they will be getting any BB 23.
La Fours
AG
quote:

You want me to grab you a few? Arrange a trade?
jah003
S
Picked up a 6 pack of Devils Backbone at HEB today... will probably crack one or two open tonight.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Looks like I'm heading down south. And yes, just left Specs again about an hour or so ago and they had at least 8 Black Butte 23s left.

Thanks....I'll have to head that way tomorrow.
Nom de Plume
AG
RIP MCA

SIAP...I haven't read all 2,400 replies. I had this at The Point in Leon Springs tonight and it is outstanding (and supposedly available at HEB).
http://www.alaskanbeer.com/our-brew/year-round-beers/white.html#awards
AggieOO
this is quite tasty...i'm pretty sure MCA would have liked it. almost picked up a brooklyn lager tonight...

NColoradoAG
Just did 12 hours in the yard remodeling a flower bed, trimming bushes, and potting up our flower pots. I enjoy gardening. But not as much as I enjoy this Zombie Dust. Might be my favorite beer EVAR
helgs
AG
WTF isnt a top 10 beer. It has an 88/100 on BA.
BSD
AG
quote:
You want me to grab you a few? Arrange a trade?

I'm going wine shopping tomorrow so let me look around here and I'll let you know. Gracias!
BSD
AG
quote:
But not as much as I enjoy this Zombie Dust. Might be my favorite beer EVAR

One of top beers of the year! I had about 10 of those this past weekend!!!
La Fours
AG
You can't judge solely on BA rankings. It was really ****ing good. I haven't had a bad beer from lagunitas. It's hard to say of it is a top ten, but it is a great beer.
713nervy
AG
La Fours, monks Cafe was a very different sour than what I have experienced. I ha it last weekend. Yipes.
AgDrumma07
AG
quote:
WTF isnt a top 10 beer. It has an 88/100 on BA.

Have you ever had one or do you base all of your beer purchases on what one website says?

Let's assume you've had one. Since you didn't state your opinion, just a meaningless score, your argument is moot.

Of course, all of this is subjective so it doesn't really after anyways. The guy who posted the pic of the beers, including WTF, didn't know anything about any of them. So I posted my opinion as support for one of his purchases.

/endrant
AggieOO
i know that wasn't directed toward me, but i did post in response to your other post....

not sure why you are so distraught about someone disagreeing with your opinion.

there are plenty of beer styles. I don't like IPAs at all. I love malty beers. I wouldn't care if someone didn't like a malty beer i liked...

who cares if someone doesn't like your favorite beer? WTF is good, but i don't think its fantastic, so maybe you'll ignore my entire post.
hbc07
AG
in addition to some mcmenamins(sp?) beers from one of their billion brewpubs, i'm ending the night with a bomber of deschutes hophenge.
MW03
AG
And I hate sours. Blech!
jetch17
AG
BSD, specs out here in JV had an asston of Collaboration last week
La Fours
AG
quote:
BSD, specs out here in JV had an asston of Collaboration last week

STFU, you'll ruin my plan.

And besides that would mean he has to go to Jersey Village.
jetch17
AG
Oops, it was the hangover talking
La Fours
AG
Those Belgian beers must not like me the morning after. I had those two bombers last night and that sour. With the Collaboration being the last one of the night. Usually I don't feel hungover after that much beer but today I do.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
So Beer List, Craft Beer Week is coming up soon. What's on your list / what is your favorite bar/pub doing for the week?

Here in BCS it looks like O'Bannon's and Harvey Washbangers are the winners. Washy is doing a specialty Texas beers and OB's is doing a little bit of everything, capped off with a bus tour to Rahr.

Now, on a side note, who has had the Jalapeno beer from No Label - Don Jalapeno Ale?

I had a taster at Texas Beer Fest and thought it was drinkable. To me, there was more jal nose than taste ... BUT ... I didn't have a pint of it either.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
I happened upon this booth at the Texas Beer Fest.

They call themselves Texas Big Beer Brewery and are located in Buna, TX (yeah, I know - East Texas). Their thing is making high ABV beers. I sampled their blonde which was over 10%! IBUs were under control coming in a 28. Decent, different brew.

Anyone else have some opinion / experience with their offerings? They are brand new in the market and targeting the Houston/Galveston area for sales. I'm guessing they are self distributing.
jetch17
AG
NL jalapeño ale. Had a sip, that was enough.
BSD
AG
Sorry La Fours, I cleaned out the Specs near Dunvale so no trade needed this time around. Too bad my wheels are gone...

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 5/5/2012 1:43p).]
AgDrumma07
AG
quote:
I happened upon this booth at the Texas Beer Fest.

They call themselves Texas Big Beer Brewery and are located in Buna, TX (yeah, I know - East Texas). Their thing is making high ABV beers. I sampled their blonde which was over 10%! IBUs were under control coming in a 28. Decent, different brew.

Anyone else have some opinion / experience with their offerings? They are brand new in the market and targeting the Houston/Galveston area for sales. I'm guessing they are self distributing.

I tried their stuff too. Not really my thing though it wasn't a bad beer. Kind of like the moonshine of beer.
MW03
AG
Had a jalapeno beer at beerfest called Billy's Chilies that was pretty decent. One beer was enough though.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Sorry La Fours, I cleaned out the Specs near Dunvale so no trade needed this time around. Too bad my wheels are gone...

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 5/5/2012 1:43p).]

Glad you found some.
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.