Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,464 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by swampstander
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Houston folks, Mongoose vs. Cobra still has kegs from their anniversary party last weekend. I had Scots Gone Wild and Black Crack tonight, along with a Dammit Jim with my food. They should take notes from Hay Merchant and Saucer as far as their food menu goes. Now to see what this Prairie Gold is all about.
CollinAB
AG
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with them now. Sucks that I've had mixed results. The good was good. The bad was awful.
wessimo
AG
I've gotten lucky so far with the Gose and the Berliner. Really like the Berliner and will keep buying.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Blind Pig and Lawyers, Guns, and Money.
62strat
AG
Picked up a FW stickee monkee, a CS blueberry petite sour, a paradox #27, (dark sour ale dry hopped and aged in wine barrels) and a NB LOF pear ginger beer.

To the cellar they go.
jetch17
AG

La Fours
AG
Drinking an Odell ipa with my wife's grandma.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My buddy's shop should be opening here in the League City/Webster area in the next couple of weeks. Apparently TABC told them to get the wrong license and they've had to go back and get a beer and wine license because a beer license is only for beer under 4.1% ABV.

http://www.oakbarrelbeerexchange.com/index.html
BSD
AG
It's like the Kung Fury of beers!
jetch17
AG
Many thanks to the king
BSD
AG
Aww shucks. Just spreading the love, just like I did in Saigon. It burned a little.
jetch17
AG
Geriatric Punk
AG
Any of you Colorado boys going to the Front Range Rally tomorrow? If so, I'll buy you a beer.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Any of you Colorado boys going to the Front Range Rally tomorrow? If so, I'll buy you a beer.

I'm not going. Be sure to hit WeldWerks and tell Neil that Adam sent you.
steve00
AG
Very smooth. I like it better than the Sour in the Rye I am drinking now.

Geriatric Punk
AG
Will do.
maca1028
quote:

We must know the same people
Tressels Vest
AG
Enjoying a Defiance Willy Nilly tonight. Supporting the state breweries.

Of course, I didn't support them last month when I went on a Beer Trip.

Anchor
21st Amendment
Lagunitas
Russian River
Crux Fermentation Project
10 Barrel Brewing
Deschutes
Mazama
Block 15
Rogue
Olde Town Pizza
Hair of the Dog
Buckman Botanical Brewery (bar hopping in Kansas, buddy thought it looked interesting...)
Basecamp

Plus many other bars/beer.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
A couple of St Arnold employees stopped by Karbach today with a couple low-fills of BB10 and it was delicious. Going to be one of my favorite Bishops Barrels I believe. It's their BBA 20th anniversary barleywine. Definitely going to be picking up as many as possible.
FlyFish95
Karbach's summer seasonal is pretty good.
Jock 07
AG
So how hard would it be finding heavy machinery in Austin next Sunday?
Jock 07
AG
Also planning on popping the jester king cherry next Sunday as well
jah003
S
quote:

You talking about the Half IPA...?
Pretty tough. There's a Twin Liquors at the Hill Country Galleria that might still have it around. Close (ish) to JK too...
AgEng06
AG
New (to me) beer and postseason Aggie baseball...

jetch17
AG
BSD
CollinAB
AG
jah, if you're at the baseball game tonight, just saw you doing some finger guns or something on TV at the end of the 10th inning.
jah003
S
quote:
jah, if you're at the baseball game tonight, just saw you doing some finger guns or something on TV at the end of the 10th inning.

Yep, that was me... Sadly it was not enough. Aggie sports hate me.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Having my 3rd of a 4-pack Destihl Gose right now.

It's good but I probably won't be buying it again. Not worth risking getting one of those crappy and spoiled diacetyl 4-packs.

Heard today that New Belgium La Folie isn't a bad starter for sour beers? I've only have had a couple sour beers in my life. Any recs to continue with? In DFW.
CollinAB
AG
Yeah, that was a rough one. Aggie sports hate everyone, always.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:

You talking about the Half IPA...?
Pretty tough. There's a Twin Liquors at the Hill Country Galleria that might still have it around. Close (ish) to JK too...

Saw several four packs at whole foods at William cannon
62strat
AG
quote:
Heard today that New Belgium La Folie isn't a bad starter for sour beers? I've only have had a couple sour beers in my life. Any recs to continue with? In DFW.
It's a great example of the style (oud bruin), there's no argument there. But 'sour' is not a style of beer, so it would be hard to pinpoint a 'starter'. Sour is a characteristic of many different types of styles. Oud Bruin, flanders red, berlinerweisse, gose, lambic.. all styles of beers from the eastern world.

Then Americans are souring just about anything and everything; stouts, ipas, blondes, fruity beers, etc.. Then many are barrel aged as well, some in bourbon, some in wine, some in plain oak. The flavor spectrum of american soured beers covers every corner pretty much.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
It's a great example of the style (oud bruin), there's no argument there. But 'sour' is not a style of beer, so it would be hard to pinpoint a 'starter'. Sour is a characteristic of many different types of styles. Oud Bruin, flanders red, berlinerweisse, gose, lambic.. all styles of beers from the eastern world.

Then Americans are souring just about anything and everything; stouts, ipas, blondes, fruity beers, etc.. Then many are barrel aged as well, some in bourbon, some in wine, some in plain oak. The flavor spectrum of american soured beers covers every corner pretty much.

Great explanation, thanks.

I have had a few of those styles that have a sour characteristic. Gose, lambic, Flanders red to name a few.

Side note: just poured half of my Texas red from Rahr & Sons out. They do not bottle well at that brewery for some reason. Heard their stuff on tap is a lot better.
La Fours
AG
Survive Barbie dream house hell: check!

Dad of the year achievement unlocked: check!

Celebratory beer: check.

Inspector Spacetime
AG
NOLA Hooker Barbie?
First Page Last Page
Page 697 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.