Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,895 Views | 62612 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by dave99ag
hbc07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
had the 18th ann a week or two ago on tap. it was pretty good.

had ninkasi helles belles last night. wasn't a fan. it was dry and had a certain flavor (couldn't figure out what it was) that i didn't like.
713nervy
AG
Mine were $8.50.

Had Ninkasi's Dominate IPA or whatever it was. Decent.

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 5/2/2012 11:28p).]
army01
AG
Damn it! Oh well, after FW to Garland, to Plano, to McKinney, I was done driving.

Another day of celebration though....letter is written. only 11 more days of this effing drive.

Tonight's beverage:

My home brewed cream stout. Fermented 27 days, bottle conditioned 27 days -- Pudge Cream Stout:

Much better than my last home brew. Ready to try making an IPA now.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Army01... When you track down the rare brews in Fort Wroth, let me know. I am always trying to find random stuff outside of what Central Market, Goody Goody, etc have.

I am interested to see what Specs will have beer wise...
62strat
AG
army, do really make labels for your beers?

AggieOO
i've made a few for mine too, but not all of them.
army01
AG
ShockEm...FW can be a little tricky. The Kings Liquor on Berry near TCU has a decent selection, and you can find some good finds in there from time to time. The one benefit to my long commutes has been the beer stores over here in Dallas. I just gave my notice today, so my selection of stores is about to go way down.

62strat...Not all of them....just a few for fun. I did the first one as a gag gift to my sister in law. This one I did in about 5 minutes just jacking around.
army01
AG
ShockEm....which side of Fort Worth are you on? Halls in Colleyville has a good selection, though Charlie Hall can be pretty proud of some of his bottles.
AgDrumma07
AG
Picked up a sixer of Abita Jockamo IPA. We'll see how this goes tonight.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3/39390
713nervy
AG
Has the time passed for Abira strawberry? I always miss that stuff.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Has the time passed for Abira strawberry? I always miss that stuff.

It's still plentiful in the Tine.
713nervy
AG
Sweet! I have only been able to find it at World Market up here in Dallas. Is that weird?
MW03
AG
Glad you nabbed some of that 18th, 713.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
ShockEm....which side of Fort Worth are you on? Halls in Colleyville has a good selection, though Charlie Hall can be pretty proud of some of his bottles.

I'm on the Southwest side in Benbrook but I am all over town, primarily west of 35W.
army01
AG
quote:
Sweet! I have only been able to find it at World Market up here in Dallas. Is that weird?

That had it @ Mr. G's and CM in Plano; and I saw it last week at CM in Southlake.

army01
AG
quote:
I'm on the Southwest side in Benbrook but I am all over town, primarily west of 35W.

Ah...the 'Brook. I am a product of Western Hills. I'll keep a look out on that side of town and let you know what I find....
62strat
AG
Was looking for a beer tonight at specs.. nothing was screaming my name. Then BAM! Thought to myself, man I haven't had this beer since about 2004. For less than $7 a 4 pack, why the hell not.
Ohhh creamy goodness.

Then, as many times as I've looked over this since they've been here, I figured I'd relive my Alaskan cruise from last summer.. Drank a whole lot of these. (Among the other Alaskan offerings
AgDrumma07
AG
Abita IPA - not bad. Light enough that you don't feel like a giant field of hops when you have one.
jah003
S
Having a bomber of this tonight...

Not my picture:

Really, really impressed. The rye is there but not overpowering. Best thing is I picked this up during Central Market's 25% off sale!
BSD
AG
Mmm, Bear Republic!

I'm having a RRBC Blind Pig IPA and an Alpine Pure Hoppiness IPA...my last of each
BSD
AG
Oh, and the Spring Valley Specs did not have 18th Anniversary but I did back up more Black Butte Porter 23. That's like 5 better than 18.
NColoradoAG
Weihenstephaner Vitus for me so far. Gonna pop a bomber of Dry Dock DIPA next. It's my friday.
army01
AG
Muser's campout and a 2011 Full Sail Wreck the Halls:

Not bad at all. I probably waited too long to drink this (found it at the back of the closet a few nights ago), but it was still pretty good.
hbc07
AG

I like it. It gets a thumbs up.
713nervy
AG
Uinta
hbc07
AG
not sure how to take that
713nervy
AG
It's that weirdy name that is impossible to pronounce!
hbc07
AG
i still don't know how to say it.
62strat
AG
Uinta = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTAtOTcAuiA#t=10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uinta_Mountains

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 5/4/2012 8:48a).]
713nervy
AG
Visited Deep Ellum last night. I have spent a LOT of time researching this one and have been so excited. As mediocre as SaintA is, I really missed the community surrounding the brewery from when i lived in Houston.

Talked to John for a long time, he's the main guy. All I really have to say is to never meet your heroes. He didn't treat me poorly, but it was absolutely the wrong kind of environment to be talking business shop with him, which was not my intention.
MW03
AG
Alaskan Amber is solid. Great choice.

Drowned my Mavs sorrows in Old Chub last night. Strong to quite strong beer. Regretting the last one this morning.
AgDrumma07
AG
quote:
Visited Deep Ellum last night. I have spent a LOT of time researching this one and have been so excited. As mediocre as SaintA is, I really missed the community surrounding the brewery from when i lived in Houston.

Tried their stuff at the Texas BeerFest last weekend. Solid.
AggieOO
probably gonna have a couple of these tonight:

La Fours
AG

Picked these up today. Never had any of them. Is the Monk's Cafe Sour any good?
AgDrumma07
AG
WTF is a top ten beer. Your mouth will orgasm.
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.