Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,607 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Jock 07
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want a Cable Car
BSD
AG
quote:
I was #12 or so in line, and got the last Vanilla. They ran out pretty quick.

Here a shot of the menu for ya'll going up there after work.

Glad you got a bottle!
Hugo Stiglitzz
Plug for Blacksmith Coffee in Montrose.
The owner is a real cool dude. He passed out free ice coffe to all of us morons waiting in the hot sun for Hay Merchant to open. Super cool guy, and awesome coffee. Highly recommend!
Mustang1
AG
Same owner as hay merchant, no?
maca1028
How did the BCBCS inventory look? I'm assuming most of this stuff is gone by now
steve00
AG
BMac and BSD - no luck on the Cable Car. They said they are out. Getting 50 cases in a week or so, but only for on-premise consumption.

Had a Damnation and a Bear Republic Tartare to ease my disappointment. Wish I had heard about that brunch thing in time.
Bmac04
AG
Thanks for trying anyway!
BSD
AG
Yeah, thanks for trying. I'm glad I was able to get some last month so it's all good. Although maybe I should come out there again for the on-site release...
gordo97
AG
Trader Joe's opened in my hood recently so I went to check it out. I saw they have a lineup of stouts, porters, IIPAs, hefes etc made by a brewery I never heard of for $5.99 a six-pack which is a bargain. I'm guessing this is their own label, so I decided to get the oatmeal stout to try it out. Anyone tried those before?
BSD
AG
That reminds me, the new Whole Foods on Voss had about 5 different JK's in the fridge in Friday. I can't remember what they were but that's the most I've seen in distribution since they started selling in house.

By the way, how does any shop at WF? That place blows.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Something like that...Underbelly, Hay Merchant and Blacksmith. Three different partners.
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
Same owner as hay merchant, no?
sort of...same ownership group (clumsy butcher) but greenway coffee is the "original" blacksmith before they joined up with the clumsy butcher guys (who also own hay merchant, pastry war, julip, nightingale room, underbelly..)
Hugo Stiglitzz
BCBCS and the rest were limit three. For example, I got 2 BCBCS and 1 BCBS.

MW13
AG
quote:
Trader Joe's opened in my hood recently so I went to check it out. I saw they have a lineup of stouts, porters, IIPAs, hefes etc made by a brewery I never heard of for $5.99 a six-pack which is a bargain. I'm guessing this is their own label, so I decided to get the oatmeal stout to try it out. Anyone tried those before?

Simpler Times is the worst beer I've ever had and I'll drink anything. Would much rather have Big Flats. I never tried anything else from there after not being able to finish that
62strat
AG
quote:
It is their in house label. I had a Belgian triple, in a bomber. It was good. And like $6.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Happy 4/20 y'all

GTBullitt68
AG
I know this is a long shot but does anyone know where I can get a bottle of Yellow Rose in DFW? I just finished my last CPA exam and would like to celebrate. Sucks that it's so hard to find up here. TIA
Jock 07
AG
I'd been taking a break for a little while but I'm back in the game tonight with this.

Jock 07
AG
****in busted ass texags
SecoKid
AG

Pretty good box waiting on my porch from Minneapolis. The Abrasive is 3 months old but still fantastic.
La Fours
AG
Courtesy of BSD.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Let me know if you find the answer!
Jock 07
AG
I miss abrasive. So good
Scriffer
AG
Is Batch 3 Barrel Aged Legion hard to track down on Dallas at this point? I've been working crazy hours and haven't been able to go find any.
defroach
This week's label approvals:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-april-21-2015/
62strat
AG
quote:
I'd been taking a break for a little while but I'm back in the game tonight with this.

http://i.imgur.com/EhzNVmQ.jpg
man I opened up a #10 Sunday night and it was a frieken geyser. I poured half of it, and bubbles rushed up for 30sec. I filled another cup with foam. Never seen anything like it.

What did you think? I've got a 17 in the cellar.

Had some good beers tonight; a FCB double chocolate stout nitro, Loveland ale works raspberry sour, crooked stave st vieille, then finished off with a funkwerks saison. Got to do some drinking and shooting the chit with the president of Americas of my company.

Amazing how you can talk to a guy and never have the slightest clue his net worth is 9 figures.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

http://i.imgur.com/EhzNVmQ.jpg
man I opened up a #10 Sunday night and it was a frieken geyser. I poured half of it, and bubbles rushed up for 30sec. I filled another cup with foam. Never seen anything like it.

What did you think? I've got a 17 in the cellar.

Had some good beers tonight; a FCB double chocolate stout nitro, Loveland ale works raspberry sour, crooked stave st vieille, then finished off with a funkwerks saison. Got to do some drinking and shooting the chit with the president of Americas of my company.

Amazing how you can talk to a guy and never have the slightest clue his net worth is 9 figures.
It was pretty decent. Decent amount of alcohol heat, taste profile similar to terroir. Is 10 a flip top? I stopped buying paradox for the longest time cause they were either gushers or flat. They've seemed to have improved recently. Looking forward to checking out the new spot in divide.
GTBullitt68
AG
Will do. I may have to get a buddy of mine to ship it to me from Houston.
Bmac04
AG
Taps and Caps normally has it on tap. Heard DFW should be seeing bottles later this week.
Kyle98
AG
We're headed to North Cali in a couple of weeks for our anniversary trip, and working on planning my RRBC day. Is Lagunitas worth checking out as well? I've basically got a whole day (Thursday) that I can dedicate to breweries. Thinking of doing a long lunch at Russian River, then heading over to Lagunitas for the 3PM tasting tour.

We're staying in Windsor, and looks like there's a smaller brewery there (Old Redwood Brewing Company), so we might check that out as well.
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
We're headed to North Cali in a couple of weeks for our anniversary trip, and working on planning my RRBC day. Is Lagunitas worth checking out as well? I've basically got a whole day (Thursday) that I can dedicate to breweries. Thinking of doing a long lunch at Russian River, then heading over to Lagunitas for the 3PM tasting tour.

We're staying in Windsor, and looks like there's a smaller brewery there (Old Redwood Brewing Company), so we might check that out as well.
My wife and I actually had our rehearsal dinner at Lagunitas (and had Pliny the Elder on tap at the Mystic Theatre were we got married). I am biased, but I love Lagunitas and it is a cool spot to visit. I don't like all of their beers, but they will usually have a few that they don't distribute at the brewery. Petaluma has a bunch of new breweries that have popped up in the last year. You can either hit them, or go to Taps (I think that's the name of the place) right on the river in Petaluma where they have most local stuff on tap.

Have a Perdition for me at Russian River. We drank a growler of that in San Simeon on the beach the day after our wedding. Special beer.
jh0400
AG
quote:

Have a Perdition for me at Russian River. We drank a growler of that in San Simeon on the beach the day after our wedding. Special beer.

Perdition is one of my favorites. I didn't know anyone else liked it.
jh0400
AG
quote:

I'd start my day in Petaluma and migrate back toward Windsor. If I started my day at RRBC the rest of my day's plans would fall apart. I'd do the early tour at Lagunitas. You could also head up to Healdsburg around 11, have lunch at Bear Republic, drive down to Petaluma, and then head back up to finish your day at RRBC. If you're flying in to SFO, you could knock out Lagunitas and/or Moylan's on the way up, and give yourself more time for BR and RRBC on Thursday.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:

I'd start my day in Petaluma and migrate back toward Windsor. If I started my day at RRBC the rest of my day's plans would fall apart. I'd do the early tour at Lagunitas. You could also head up to Healdsburg around 11, have lunch at Bear Republic, drive down to Petaluma, and then head back up to finish your day at RRBC. If you're flying in to SFO, you could knock out Lagunitas and/or Moylan's on the way up, and give yourself more time for BR and RRBC on Thursday.
The only reason I picked lunch at RRBC is to avoid any possible afternoon happy hour crowds. Your idea seems way better, though.

We're actually flying into San Jose on Wednesday evening. We're using AA miles, and we got better flight options into SJC than SFO.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Bookmarking this. Going there for my honeymoon in May.
First Page Last Page
Page 673 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.