Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,058 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Jock 07
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jetch, I bet some Tart Lychee gets to Texas. I think it's the first to come out of the gigantic barrels they shipped over from France. I think the New Belguim/Lost Abbey colab might not get down there since it sounds like distro on that will be limited. That one is a 100% Brett ale and will drop mid may.

The Tart Lychee is the third best sour from NB after the old corked and caged La Folies, and nothing can touch Erics Ale IMO.

Let me know if you ever want me to ship you some beers. BSD has my email address.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 4/27/2012 4:15p).]
AggieOO
on the topic of sours...its the one style i've never delved into. just doesn't sound like something i'd like.

what's an "easy" beer to intro to see if i like it?
duck79
AG
An easy transition sour beer is Rodenbach. It doesn't have the kick that Duchess and some of the others have. Rodenbach is just now starting to slowly be available in Texas.
NColoradoAG
This new Tart Lychee would be a good one. Duchesse De Bourgogne is widely distributed, not sure about Texas. Ask BSD for one of his Sanctifications from Russian River. That is a good one too.

Be careful though, sours are like the red pill. Once you jump down the rabbit hole, your wallet will forever be lighter.
La Fours
AG
NColorado I might hit you up for some Dechutes Collage when it gets released in a few weeks.
NColoradoAG
I bet a few cases of Collage will hit Denver....I hope. Depending on how many stores see distribution, I could get 4-8 bottles.
jetch17
AG
OO, I was timid about sours originally, but am now hooked. Try and find a couPle and try em!

[This message has been edited by Jetch17 (edited 4/27/2012 4:44p).]
NColoradoAG
The thing I love most about the Tart Lychee is it's going for 8.99 a bomber at one of my shops. I think that's a steal!
jetch17
AG
Ncolorado, I may take you up on arranging something in the future. I'll talk to BSD, he's got mine too
713nervy
AG
I freaking LOVE sours. Cascade out of Portland firmly set that for me. Rodenbach Classic or Grand Cru, I think that the Houston Saucer should have one or the other by now.

Just have a very open mind, in my opinion, and let your definition of what beer 'should' taste like fall by the wayside.

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 4/27/2012 5:08p).]
NColoradoAG
Yep, can't go wrong with Cascade. They do mail orders to Colorado, not sure about TX.
713nervy
AG
Also, pour one out for a fallen soldier.

As we started to unload the car in Houston just now, my boyfriend dropped my 11.5%, 12oz, $12 'B/tch Please' from Flying Dog/Three Floyd's onto a cobblestone driveway and I watched it explode as it hit. A very sad moment for me as I had been looking forward to that one.
jetch17
AG
Nerv, PM
BSD
AG
Jetch, don't puss out on that ***** please!
BSD
AG
And I'm feeling a sour tasting sometime soon!
jetch17
AG
Fear not BSD, and IN for a sour night!
hbc07
AG
quote:
NColorado I might hit you up for some Dechutes Collage when it gets released in a few weeks.

Consider me there...

"On May 15th, twelve-ounce bottles will go on sale at our Bend and Portland pubs when their doors open at 11 AM (there will be a 3 bottle limit per person)."

La Fours
AG
quote:
Ncolorado, I may take you up on arranging something in the future. I'll talk to BSD, he's got mine too

If you set something up Jetch, let me know and I'll go in to help with the shipping. I've been wanting to try Pliny and the sours from RRBC. Or really any sour.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

I got that email too. I will be very greatful if you could score me some. And damn I really want to be at one of the dinners they are doing.
Consider me there...

"On May 15th, twelve-ounce bottles will go on sale at our Bend and Portland pubs when their doors open at 11 AM (there will be a 3 bottle limit per person)."

hbc07
AG
If that's directed at me (the quote got messed up), i'm sure something can be arranged.
AggieOO
I'm coming to h-town next weekend on Saturday...beltway and I 10. If someone is willing to meet me on my way in, I can drop a selection of beer from long run brewing...
La Fours
AG
quote:
If that's directed at me (the quote got messed up), i'm sure something can be arranged.

Lol yeah. Posting from my iPhone and messed up the post.
hbc07
AG
Well i know for certain i'll be going (so 3 bottles) at least once. spartan may or may not be able to go with me at the 11am opening, but i'll probably got back later in the day to get more.
jetch17
AG
time to get a little Deviant tonight

army01
AG
I'm in love:

...and Nervy, T&P for the B!+ch Please. That stuff is fantastic.
hbc07
AG
Tried Elysian peste and Stumptown tart tonight. Stumptown was amazing. Full of berry flavor. Peste smelled strong of chocolate and tasted ridiculously strongly of chili. Good, but don't think I could handle a full pint.

It's a celebration night. So more drinks to come
BSD
AG
aggiespartan
AG

this beer was extremely delicious
hbc07
AG
stumptown tart=amazing

i'm going to try to recreate a version of it this summer when i brew one of my next batches (i'm still in the beginning statges of brewging.)

it's a belgian with strawberries, marionberries, and raspberries.

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 4/27/2012 11:40p).]
army01
AG
Nightcap:

That stumptown tart sounds awesome....effing jealous of you Oregon folks.
hbc07
AG
stumptown=strawberyr,marionberry and raspberry.

i was just informed i'm repeating my selfr.

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 4/28/2012 12:27a).]
BSD
AG
Repeat your selfr all you want...

Congrats Spartan!!!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:

That stumptown tart sounds awesome....effing jealous of you Oregon folks.

I really miss Oregon. That place is a beer Mecca.
La Fours
AG
CS Specs has B/tch Please.
hbc07
AG
more oregon fun... blurry picture of what i see on a normal day at my bottle shops

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 4/28/2012 5:05p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.